lets all laugh at liverpool thread?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: congratulations liverpool thread?

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Who's fault is it today?

Raheem's.

Always Raheems
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
dazby wrote:How's the reaction over there today? Are they still being gobby, or have they gone to hide under a rock?

My Dipper-supporting mate told me that them winning the league would be"the most outstanding sporting achievement of all time" this morning. Other key phrases included "financial doping" and "the anti-Liverpool media tipped City to run away with the league by 30 points".

When I mocked Aldgridge and his punditry, he called him "insignificant", so broken clock and all that...

And then they wonder why nobody wants to see them win it.

Febinho didn't cost them around £40m, Keita didn't cost around £60m, Allison didn't cost around £70m, Firmino didn't cost £30m, Van dick didn't set them back over £70m and so on. All their players play for free, for the shirt, for the town, for the people. It's nothing short of miracle of they win it with all their players graduated from their academy. How ironic they turned a blind eye and justified their spending this season. No one wants these fuckers to win it for their two faced hypocrisy and self righteous . I fucking hate them more than any club on this planet, dare I say they've over taken manure by a country mile.

Poor Liverpool doing it on a shoestring

Very enlightening.

Sky are sure to cover this on Sunday, aren’t they?
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:41 am

Someone remind me , which Cup Final is it today against Bournemouth for Scouse 2?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:11 am

You've got to love Jurgen, reading on bbc that he said yesterday that he didn't need any help. Fair play mate, you're doing a fine job crack on. Hope the press pick up on this and keep asking him. Jurgen's cracking up, he's cracking up, he^s cracking......
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bear60 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am

I am watching the 2013/14 season on Sky That was Liverpool’s year wasn’t it
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 am

Enjoy reading about this PUKE

Liverpool FC legend John Aldridge's jibe at Man City reveals truth of the title race

Manchester City have a big advantage over Jurgen Klopp's men claims former Kop idol ... the fact they are such a small club.

Liverpool aren’t in the least bit rattled. No, not a bit of it.

Not even when one of their legends, John Aldridge, reckons that Manchester City have a big advantage in the Premier League title race, because they’re such a tiny wee club.

City barely register on global football’s Richter scale, he says, compared to the goliaths of Anfield.

Although, to be fair to Goliath, he DID actually win a few Philistine titles before he came a cropper against David. He certainly didn’t go 29 years without winning one.

Aldridge’s reasoning is hilarious, as well as being jam-packed with all of the smug, self-absorbed arrogance which afflicts the more cultish end of Liverpool’s wide spectrum of support.

Aldridge said: “The reality is and will always be that expectations at Liverpool will always be very different when compared to Manchester City.

“This has to be an advantage for City and it's an issue that will always be there when one of the biggest names in the game goes up against a small team that has basically got lucky by finding a sugar daddy investor.”

He argues that being such a huge club with a “glorious history” is an “obstacle to ambitions” at Liverpool.

And he adds that he appreciates “City fans will be offended when we say they are still a small club, that is how everyone outside of their bubble still views them, despite their success in winning a few trophies in recent years.”

They REALLY won’t be offended, John. Most Blues you come across love the fact that the self-appointed aristocrats of world football STILL look down their noses at them, while their team plays brilliant football, cleans up the trophies, and buys marvellous players.

They even celebrate it in song: “This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small … you buy Phil Jones and we buy Kun Aguero”.

They turn the obsession that some rival fans have on its head: “One-nil to the Empty Seats!” is the latest example of their couldn’t-give-a-monkey’s attitude to the sneerers.

It is undeniably true that City cannot compete with Liverpool or United in terms of global support, and possibly never will.

But is that REALLY what makes you a big club, the number of club-branded duvets you sell in Kuala Lumpur?

Having said that, the big club-small club argument is so puerile it belongs in the playground.

Aldridge’s main point, that Liverpool have to carry a burden of expectation which City do not, is bizarre.

Few would argue that United are much bigger than Liverpool, using Aldridge’s own frame of reference, yet they seemed to cope pretty well with an even bigger burden of expectation for most of the last 25 years.
Read More

If the current crop of Liverpool players truly do feel the weight on their shoulders of those self-entitled masses, scattered across the planet, you would have to question their mental fortitude.

With City resurgent and Liverpool having a little wobble in the last few games, it seems that they are having to try harder and harder to find excuses, in case they do blow it again this year.

They can no longer use the idea that they can’t spend as big as City, United and the rest, having smashed the world record for transfer spending in a calendar year, and moved into second place – above the Blues – in the league table for wages paid.
Read today's top Man City stories

They have had a rash of luck with referee decisions, the latest being the fact they have opened the scoring with offside goals in their last two games.

And they have been fortunate with injuries this season, with their key players – Virgil Van Dijk, Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Mane – avoiding any real problems, while City have suffered relatively badly.

It’s time for honesty, from Aldo and the rest. If Liverpool blow the title, they only have themselves to blame – and City will deserve it, not because they are playing without pressure, or for any other spurious reason.

It will be because they have been better over the course of the season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If Liverpool blow the title, they only have themselves to blame.

That can't be right!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:which afflicts the more cultish end of Liverpool’s wide spectrum of support.

It's amazing how typos like this slip through the editorial process...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby budfox » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:48 am

It's called "self-entitlement" and it's the curse of modern Britain.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:12 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:which afflicts the more cultish end of Liverpool’s wide spectrum of support.

It's amazing how typos like this slip through the editorial process...

Chortle
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If Liverpool blow the title, they only have themselves to blame.

That can't be right!

How can they blow the title? I thought they alraedy won it!
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:13 am

Keep it up John, the poor man's Ian Rush. Reminds me of Utd not caring about us but every second word is City......
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:36 am

salford city wrote:Keep it up John, the poor man's Ian Rush. Reminds me of Utd not caring about us but every second word is City......

Aldridge. That much of a legend they fucked him off to Spain after two years.

The absolute worst dipper pundit, by some distance
nottsblue

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 am

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:Keep it up John, the poor man's Ian Rush. Reminds me of Utd not caring about us but every second word is City......

Aldridge. That much of a legend they fucked him off to Spain after two years.

The absolute worst dipper pundit, by some distance

Prior
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Dub City » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Enjoy reading about this PUKE

Liverpool FC legend John Aldridge's jibe at Man City reveals truth of the title race

Manchester City have a big advantage over Jurgen Klopp's men claims former Kop idol ... the fact they are such a small club.

Liverpool aren’t in the least bit rattled. No, not a bit of it.

Not even when one of their legends, John Aldridge, reckons that Manchester City have a big advantage in the Premier League title race, because they’re such a tiny wee club.

City barely register on global football’s Richter scale, he says, compared to the goliaths of Anfield.

Although, to be fair to Goliath, he DID actually win a few Philistine titles before he came a cropper against David. He certainly didn’t go 29 years without winning one.

Aldridge’s reasoning is hilarious, as well as being jam-packed with all of the smug, self-absorbed arrogance which afflicts the more cultish end of Liverpool’s wide spectrum of support.

Aldridge said: “The reality is and will always be that expectations at Liverpool will always be very different when compared to Manchester City.

“This has to be an advantage for City and it's an issue that will always be there when one of the biggest names in the game goes up against a small team that has basically got lucky by finding a sugar daddy investor.”

He argues that being such a huge club with a “glorious history” is an “obstacle to ambitions” at Liverpool.

And he adds that he appreciates “City fans will be offended when we say they are still a small club, that is how everyone outside of their bubble still views them, despite their success in winning a few trophies in recent years.”

They REALLY won’t be offended, John. Most Blues you come across love the fact that the self-appointed aristocrats of world football STILL look down their noses at them, while their team plays brilliant football, cleans up the trophies, and buys marvellous players.

They even celebrate it in song: “This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small … you buy Phil Jones and we buy Kun Aguero”.

They turn the obsession that some rival fans have on its head: “One-nil to the Empty Seats!” is the latest example of their couldn’t-give-a-monkey’s attitude to the sneerers.

It is undeniably true that City cannot compete with Liverpool or United in terms of global support, and possibly never will.

But is that REALLY what makes you a big club, the number of club-branded duvets you sell in Kuala Lumpur?

Having said that, the big club-small club argument is so puerile it belongs in the playground.

Aldridge’s main point, that Liverpool have to carry a burden of expectation which City do not, is bizarre.

Few would argue that United are much bigger than Liverpool, using Aldridge’s own frame of reference, yet they seemed to cope pretty well with an even bigger burden of expectation for most of the last 25 years.
Read More

If the current crop of Liverpool players truly do feel the weight on their shoulders of those self-entitled masses, scattered across the planet, you would have to question their mental fortitude.

With City resurgent and Liverpool having a little wobble in the last few games, it seems that they are having to try harder and harder to find excuses, in case they do blow it again this year.

They can no longer use the idea that they can’t spend as big as City, United and the rest, having smashed the world record for transfer spending in a calendar year, and moved into second place – above the Blues – in the league table for wages paid.
Read today's top Man City stories

They have had a rash of luck with referee decisions, the latest being the fact they have opened the scoring with offside goals in their last two games.

And they have been fortunate with injuries this season, with their key players – Virgil Van Dijk, Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Mane – avoiding any real problems, while City have suffered relatively badly.

It’s time for honesty, from Aldo and the rest. If Liverpool blow the title, they only have themselves to blame – and City will deserve it, not because they are playing without pressure, or for any other spurious reason.

It will be because they have been better over the course of the season.

The Great Aldo who told everyone Liverpool should sell that snake Sterling because Ibe was already a better player and his behavior wasn't fitting for a player to be associated with Liverpool and then when Liverpool have a big rejected for Van Dijk he is in the media encouraging the player to go on strike to force the move through. He is a joke trying to keep himself in the news all he is a Scouse rent a job failure as a manager who even the scouse loving media to give him pundit work
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:12 pm

How've they got on/When do they play this weekend?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:How've they got on/When do they play this weekend?

Like button “pressed”

Fukin hate Bayern two faced hypocrites
But I want them to smash Livershite
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Asked a dipper mate that yesterday. Apparently they were having a well earned rest before their final onslaught in their quest for a PL and CL double
nottsblue

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Asked a dipper mate that yesterday. Apparently they were having a well earned rest before their final onslaught in their quest for a PL and CL double

Was he laughing his cock off while saying that? :roll:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Was he laughing his cock off while saying that? :roll:

Deadly serious
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum