Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 am

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:And there you have it, the main German TV news program on ZDF recycles it's sports news every 30 minutes in the morning magazine, They get advertising from a Wealth investment firm who use Klopp as their "Face " (don't know why). Well they sneak in a reference that Schalke play City in the CL soon, followed by snippets from the Game last night at Newcastle. ( I still don't know why KdB was carded, the referee did not blow hold his whistle up to indicate that all players must wait for the whistle and City didn't ask for it.).
Las sentence about the game last night is "Juergen Klopp's Liverpool can go seven points clear tonight". talk about Schadenfreude !

He did

I thought the rule was that he asks the taker if he wants to take it early or wait for the whistle, and once the taker has confirmed he'll wait for the whistle he has to.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 am

Either way there’s no way kev should be carded for trying to take advantage of our advantage. Shit reffing.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I was pretty shocked with Keown's comment last night, stating that we had been 'Financial doping'. Keown is a bloke who says what he sees so that comment came right out of the blue. Then to ask to Darke if it was OK to say that, to which he replied 'No', showed the animosity behind the scenes.

To openly say that about a club, possibly based on stolen material, was very odd. Keown, who is usually complementary about our football, let his neutral mask slip and showed his true colours, just like RatBoy has.

Could be of the reason is that I've taken a hard line with the likes of Sky and BT, cancelling 2 contracts in the last month, losing them approximately £1500.00 a year. The best thing for me was telling them the reason why and the response they gave.

Itt may not hurt them that much, but every little counts.
Keown is an expert on financial doping - he was rinsed in an offshore scam along with several other ex-player media stars. Bankrupt greedy dope - should be sued by the club.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:And there you have it, the main German TV news program on ZDF recycles it's sports news every 30 minutes in the morning magazine, They get advertising from a Wealth investment firm who use Klopp as their "Face " (don't know why). Well they sneak in a reference that Schalke play City in the CL soon, followed by snippets from the Game last night at Newcastle. ( I still don't know why KdB was carded, the referee did not blow/hold his whistle up to indicate that all players must wait for the whistle and City didn't ask for it.).
Last sentence about the game last night is "Juergen Klopp's Liverpool can go seven points clear tonight". talk about Schadenfreude !

He did

No he didn't that's just the way he held his handbag as he moved towards the Newcastle to tell them to retreat further. Also he would have told Tin Tin that he had to wait for the whistle, which i am assuming Tin tin didn't ask for, ( him to get the Newcastle players 10 yards away), by which he then has to blow his whistle to start the game. Why he should book Tin tin is still a mystery. He didn't book their Penalty taker for lashing out at the corner flag with his foot and leaving the pitch to go to the crowd. Again , Ref inconsistencies. Stinks a lot.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:And there you have it, the main German TV news program on ZDF recycles it's sports news every 30 minutes in the morning magazine, They get advertising from a Wealth investment firm who use Klopp as their "Face " (don't know why). Well they sneak in a reference that Schalke play City in the CL soon, followed by snippets from the Game last night at Newcastle. ( I still don't know why KdB was carded, the referee did not blow/hold his whistle up to indicate that all players must wait for the whistle and City didn't ask for it.).
Last sentence about the game last night is "Juergen Klopp's Liverpool can go seven points clear tonight". talk about Schadenfreude !

He did

No he didn't that's just the way he held his handbag as he moved towards the Newcastle to tell them to retreat further. Also he would have told Tin Tin that he had to wait for the whistle, which i am assuming Tin tin didn't ask for, ( him to get the Newcastle players 10 yards away), by which he then has to blow his whistle to start the game. Why he should book Tin tin is still a mystery. He didn't book their Penalty taker for lashing out at the corner flag with his foot and leaving the pitch to go to the crowd. Again , Ref inconsistencies. Stinks a lot.
He booked Brown because he disallowed the goal and was made to look stupid. He clearly showed him the whistle as he backpedalled into position. Agree with everything you say but he did indicate to wait for his whistle.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

He did

He booked Brown because he disallowed the goal and was made to look stupid. He clearly showed him the whistle as he backpedalled into position. Agree with everything you say but he did indicate to wait for his whistle.

But why JC?
Did Kev ask for the wall to be put back?
I doubt it. The explanation by the ref on BT last night was pure bullshit.

Apparently if he’d taken it immediately before the ref came over and showed him the whistle there wouldn’t be a problem.
The ref would be out of position if anything happened in the box because he had gone over to Kev.

So it’s not that he took it quickly, but not quickly enough?

Pure unadulterated bullshit.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

He did

I don't care how he showed Tin tin anything , whistle or not. If he wants to make the game start with blowing the whistle he has to show everyone by raising his hand to so that all can cleary see it. Like the instructions for a free kick. Tin tin didn't ask for him to move the players back, so that doesn't mean he ( the ref ) needs to blow his whistle to restart the game. Yes, the Ref did look stupid which is why he booked Tin tin
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:03 pm

Edin spat at a ref and got sent off :lol: class

Watch on youtube.com

Didn't even try to hide it. I wish someone would spit on English refs.....with a hammer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Mase wrote:Edin spat at a ref and got sent off :lol: class

Watch on youtube.com

Didn't even try to hide it. I wish someone would spit on English refs.....with a hammer.

If he’d smacked him I would have clapped my hands but to spit on anyone is deserving of a good fucking kicking - it’s one of the worse things you can do .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Watch on youtube.com

That's his season and maybe even longer done the fucking idiot, he is facing a major problem with that, I liked Edin But I hope he gets 2 years, that is a disgrace.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm

Yeah, he fucked his season, but really? Refs do not deserve this?

Imagine what happend if Ed, who wasen`t the dirtiest around did this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:33 pm

PeterParker wrote:Yeah, he fucked his season, but really? Refs do not deserve this?

Imagine what happend if Ed, who wasen`t the dirtiest around did this.

Absolutely refs deserve it. I'd piss on a ref if I could.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

If he’d smacked him I would have clapped my hands but to spit on anyone is deserving of a good fucking kicking - it’s one of the worse things you can do .

Get banned for a couple of matches or get put in prison. It was probably a difficult choice for him haha
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:47 pm

I thought there was something really wrong tonight with the commentary and studio show. RatBoy, Tyler and Gobber on commentary, with Scott (ex-Arsenal) and Souness (obvious this season) in the studio, I'm amazed they haven't got a 'Massive Bertie' banner on a yellow ticker just to keep the red hoards happy.

I'm fucking annoyed, even though we won!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:11 am

Ssn is currently prioritising Gladys Knight, Maroon 5 and SpongeBob Square pants over City
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Any mention of VAR discounting that goal, like the Sky frenzie after the keeper hit the ball onto Sergio's midriff?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Any mention of VAR discounting that goal, like the Sky frenzie after the keeper hit the ball onto Sergio's midriff?

Yes. On NBC they did.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Any mention of VAR discounting that goal, like the Sky frenzie after the keeper hit the ball onto Sergio's midriff?

Yes. On NBC they did.

That's good, took about 20 minutes for it to be mentioned during the game. Just got to see if Sky ask the PL to confirm it like they did with Sergio's.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Interestingly on the debate tonight on Sky, both Sherwood and Rosenior both tip us to win the PL. Sherwood even thinks it will not even go to the final game
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:Interestingly on the debate tonight on Sky, both Sherwood and Rosenior both tip us to win the PL. Sherwood even thinks it will not even go to the final game

Saw a couple of minutes of this - looks like they've lost the scrip for this week and can say what they really think :D
Not sure either will be invited back after this, though! :?
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum