The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Bluedj » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:33 pm

I remember stating last year before the end of season, Italy played Holland, and his pace was way off what s midfielder needs in the prem
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Sarri will be sacked if they lose this/when they lose this.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Sarri will be sacked if they lose this/when they lose this.

That would be stupid. Appoint a manager to change the playing style and philosophy. And then just sack him. Surely Roman isn't that thick.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:31 pm

He's on thin ice with that dressing room full of snakes. Hope he sees it through as I like him Napoli were the best team we played last season gave us a game both times so he will do it given time. Unfortunately, Roman can't spell time
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bigblue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 pm

salford city wrote:He's on thin ice with that dressing room full of snakes. Hope he sees it through as I like him Napoli were the best team we played last season gave us a game both times so he will do it given time. Unfortunately, Roman can't spell time

время
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:43 am

sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Sarri will be sacked if they lose this/when they lose this.

That would be stupid. Appoint a manager to change the playing style and philosophy. And then just sack him. Surely Roman isn't that thick.

Happens time and again. Problem is Roman's got eyes in his head. Bottom line is they are terrible, the stupidest fan can see Jorginho ain't right and the world's best midfield anchor is on the right wing
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 am

john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Happens time and again. Problem is Roman's got eyes in his head. Bottom line is they are terrible, the stupidest fan can see Jorginho ain't right and the world's best midfield anchor is on the right wing

Just seems to me it should have been obvious that appointing Sarri meant it would be a long term thing which would mean pain in transition. I dont know what went on there, maybe they thought he could do it short term, which of course he can not.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am

sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Just seems to me it should have been obvious that appointing Sarri meant it would be a long term thing which would mean pain in transition. I dont know what went on there, maybe they thought he could do it short term, which of course he can not.

Trouble is the long term argument only works with managers that are any good. People take it to the extreme and say everyone should be 'given time'. When clearly sometimes persisting would be catastrophic

Chairman's job is to work out which is which!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Trouble is the long term argument only works with managers that are any good. People take it to the extreme and say everyone should be 'given time'. When clearly sometimes persisting would be catastrophic

Chairman's job is to work out which is which!

Exactly. Alan Ball was given far too much time!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:21 pm

sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:

He hasn’t won anything in 30 years ! He was brought in on the back of his Napoli job , even they managed to fuck up winning the league .

He also doesn’t seem to have plan B - recipe for disaster .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:

He hasn’t won anything in 30 years ! He was brought in on the back of his Napoli job , even they managed to fuck up winning the league .

He also doesn’t seem to have plan B - recipe for disaster .

I am not saying he is good. I am not saying he will be a success. I couldnt care less. But if they appointed a guy who has a very different approach from their previous managers then surely they didn't think it would all just fall into place just like that. If they did they are really stupid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:27 pm

sheblue wrote:
I am not saying he is good. I am not saying he will be a success. I couldnt care less. But if they appointed a guy who has a very different approach from their previous managers then surely they didn't think it would all just fall into place just like that. If they did they are really stupid.

Letting Conte go was the stupidest thing they could ever do. At least the fucker had some balls in that dressing room.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:09 am

So long Monsieur Puel
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 am

zuricity wrote:So long Monsieur Puel

Sarri must be new favourite. Let's make it happen
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Oh well. Claude Puel.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby patrickblue » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 am

Looks like Brendan Bodgers and his amazing new teeth are back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47368961
Last edited by patrickblue on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 am

patrickblue wrote:Looks like Brendan Bodgers and his amazing new teeth are back,

I'd just stay at Celtic. Leicester have won the league once and think they're a massive club now. Any manager going there is in a shit position unless they win the league again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:21 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Looks like Brendan Bodgers and his amazing new teeth are back,

I'd just stay at Celtic. Leicester have won the league once and think they're a massive club now. Any manager going there is in a shit position unless they win the league again.

you’ve been to glasgow haven’t you?
leicester is fucking paradise in comparison
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

you’ve been to glasgow haven’t you?
leicester is fucking paradise in comparison

True. But Rogers looks like he likes that sort of shit.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:54 pm

patrickblue wrote:Looks like Brendan Bodgers and his amazing new teeth are back.

Outstanding.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum