meh!rez - what does he even do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Nick wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:The only way we'll know Mahrez turned a corner is the day when Mase starts praising him :lol:

It worked with Gundo. Like I said yesterday, if it wasn't for Bern then Gundo would be in with a shout for our POTY

Really ?

I'd go:

1) b side
2) laporte
3) dinho
4) aguero ? Can't deny his goals
5) zinny ???

Forgot sterling.

Yeah sterling too. Gundo no where near poty....thats not to say he hasn’t been good but hes not at that level now.

I disagree, I think Gundo has been brilliant for a while now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Nick wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:The only way we'll know Mahrez turned a corner is the day when Mase starts praising him :lol:

It worked with Gundo. Like I said yesterday, if it wasn't for Bern then Gundo would be in with a shout for our POTY

Really ?

I'd go:

1) b side
2) laporte
3) dinho
4) aguero ? Can't deny his goals
5) zinny ???

Forgot sterling.

Yeah sterling too. Gundo no where near poty....thats not to say he hasn’t been good but hes not at that level now.

I disagree, I think Gundo has been brilliant for a while now.

Since January, Gundogan is playing at another level. Got a lot of criticism, but we need to give him his ovations, he really is holding our middle together these days.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby linwood » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Mahrez has been a bit underwhelming, plus the Clanfield penalty fiasco. Even so he has the perfect chance to prove his worth in the league run in and the cups. He does have quality that so far has not been seen. Hopefully yesterday's winner will be the turning point for him.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:43 am

Tune changing !! Gundo is this now, HAHAH. Mahrez has nothing to prove, he has to find his game week in week out, or maybe the powers at City invite the armchair fans to the next recruitment meeting with Pep and the staff. Or better still they go to every scape-goaters house to get the info.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:36 am

Gundogan has played reasonably since the turn of the year. He was poor for the opening few months. He's been nothing out of the ordinary, just better than he was.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Gundogan has played reasonably since the turn of the year. He was poor for the opening few months. He's been nothing out of the ordinary, just better than he was.

Agree with that, the odd moment of magic here and there but interesting how much his game has improved with a consistent run in the side.

That's what Mahrez needs but to do that he has to dislodge Sterling/Sane/Bernardo, no easy task anf as Pep suggested he has to show the required amount of fight first and foremost, I do have and always have had my doubts that he's got that fight in him. I don't doubt his quality however.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:"No because the penalty miss was worth more than 3 points against our title rivals"

So essentially what you're saying is there's no making up for it.

That is correct.

What if he provides a 93:20 moment?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:15 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Mase wrote:"No because the penalty miss was worth more than 3 points against our title rivals"

That is correct.

How about he provides some fight when trying to retrieve the ball ? I have not seen ONE time he went all out to get the ball back after being dispossessed - that for me is the difference between him and EVERY other player we have.

Fernandhino gave him what for, for that very thing - He was that angry (I think he got a yellow card because of Mahrez lack of fight ) he even pushed him in the back.

I still have not seen any sign of an improvement.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

That is correct.

How about he provides some fight when trying to retrieve the ball ? I have not seen ONE time he went all out to get the ball back after being dispossessed - that for me is the difference between him and EVERY other player we have.

Fernandhino gave him what for, for that very thing - He was that angry (I think he got a yellow card because of Mahrez lack of fight ) he even pushed him in the back.

I still have not seen any sign of an improvement.

I've just said more or less the same thing in my post above the one you quoted.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 am

So you did - I also do not think he will ever develop improvement which will ensure hes on the bench more often than not...which in turn will lead to a transfer.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:37 am

Gundogan has played reasonably since the turn of the year. He was poor for the opening few months. He's been nothing out of the ordinary, just better than he was.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Gundogan has played reasonably since the turn of the year. He was poor for the opening few months. He's been nothing out of the ordinary, just better than he was.

Piccs he finished the best move ever seen 1 v 1 with De Gea, His style is calm and relaxed, never ordinary, Pep does not do ordinary....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Agree with that, the odd moment of magic here and there but interesting how much his game has improved with a consistent run in the side.

That's what Mahrez needs but to do that he has to dislodge Sterling/Sane/Bernardo, no easy task anf as Pep suggested he has to show the required amount of fight first and foremost, I do have and always have had my doubts that he's got that fight in him. I don't doubt his quality however.

mahrez is our berbatov. outrageous technical ability, but never looks arsed. and as for gundogan, he had a brief purple match and that's it. bang average since.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

mahrez is our berbatov. outrageous technical ability, but never looks arsed. and as for gundogan, he had a brief purple match and that's it. bang average since.

Gundogan is not cover for Fern. He never will be either.
But he has impressed me further forward this season. He's playing his part. He's looking composed, creative and understands our game.
I don't have a problem with his contribution and attitude at all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:53 am

I am really torn about this fella.

Saw some fantastic passes last night, behind the defences, through the defences and then comes that shocking miss after Raheem was found offside. I am sure you can't forget that, it was at 2-0.
I would had buried my head in the sand after a miss like that, with all the goal open in front of me, but he didn't look that arsed.

I think that winning the league with Leicester ruined him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby s1ty m » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:01 am

Too often he ruins our forward momentum with that predictable backwards pass. Rarely beats a man.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 am

He'll be better next year
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:05 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:He'll be better next year

Good.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:46 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:He'll be better next year

I'm not waiting until 2020 for him to come good!!!

:D
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:22 pm

oh we're still hating mahrez? cool...carry on. silly me for thinking he played well against watford.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum