Are we going to win the league?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are we going to win the league?

Postby Tony P » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:44 am

Scousers at my work are convinced Spurs will and United will beat us and they will romp home to the title.

Are you confident?
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 am

Not confident at all because we've lost to some shit teams this season. And we're still in every competition.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Why are they convinced Spurs will? Last three meetings it's been 3 City wins with an 8-2 aggregate.

I'm not confident but there again I was shitting it before we played Newport.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm

As a rule we just do not draw....2 all season...we will win every fuckign game from now on and the dippers will lose to Chelsea and also spurs..that'll be the end of their fuckign so called Rock n roll fucking Football (Another myth)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Spurs wont beat us. We have the derby though, and anything can happen in a derby.
The vermin have some tricky games and pressure will play its part.
I think we will do it, just about.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 pm

The dippers are underestimating some of their upcoming games. The chavs and spuds will not be pushovers, and southampton, Cardiff, and Newcastle are going to be fighting to stay in the league. Plus a free flowing Wolves on the final day of the season with no pressure on them. Plenty of banana skins for both teams, but one too many draws from the dippers and they'll start to fall off.

The nerve wracking part is that we're both hitting good form now. However, I think that liverpool's more defensive setup this year may cost them a win or two. Plus Pep's attitude is miles better than Klopp's:

When people asked if Liverpool feel the pressure when top of the league, I said I preferred to be on top than behind. It’s always better to be there because it’s in your hands.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm

bigblue wrote:The dippers are underestimating some of their upcoming games. The chavs and spuds will not be pushovers, and southampton, Cardiff, and Newcastle are going to be fighting to stay in the league. Plus a free flowing Wolves on the final day of the season with no pressure on them. Plenty of banana skins for both teams, but one too many draws from the dippers and they'll start to fall off.

The nerve wracking part is that we're both hitting good form now. However, I think that liverpool's more defensive setup this year may cost them a win or two. Plus Pep's attitude is miles better than Klopp's:

When people asked if Liverpool feel the pressure when top of the league, I said I preferred to be on top than behind. It’s always better to be there because it’s in your hands.

Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.

So there's pockets of them in different states? Is that the same for most teams or just the Scousers in America?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

So there's pockets of them in different states? Is that the same for most teams or just the Scousers in America?

Yes, as there are different demographics of people in different states (like every other place in the world). There's a lot of Irish people in Boston, and the Red Sox (Boston's baseball team) has the same owners as Liverpool. If you're really interested which teams are supported where in America, check out either of these resources:

https://www.soccer.com/guide/infographi ... eague-1819
https://interactive.twitter.com/premier ... teamId=all
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:07 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Yes, as there are different demographics of people in different states (like every other place in the world). There's a lot of Irish people in Boston, and the Red Sox (Boston's baseball team) has the same owners as Liverpool. If you're really interested which teams are supported where in America, check out either of these resources:

Brilliant, thanks
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Yep
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Brilliant, thanks

Well, that confirms that India is raggy central.
Indians are also the most irritating, always rabbiting on about istree, 20 times, the yoonited way and glory glory.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

i sure f*cking hope so. this is like a holy war. if dippers win it will be 40 years of darkness, dogs and cats living together etc.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:Well, that confirms that India is raggy central.
Indians are also the most irritating, always rabbiting on about istree, 20 times, the yoonited way and glory glory.

Every time some cunt puts a shit comment on social media about City with incorrect facts, before I click on the profile I can be 100% sure it's going to be some dick from that part of the world that has no clue about football.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:The dippers are underestimating some of their upcoming games. The chavs and spuds will not be pushovers, and southampton, Cardiff, and Newcastle are going to be fighting to stay in the league. Plus a free flowing Wolves on the final day of the season with no pressure on them. Plenty of banana skins for both teams, but one too many draws from the dippers and they'll start to fall off.

Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Mase, the thing with Scouse fans is the same everywhere, even here in Romania also. They are the worst kind of supporters I met in my entire life, both in the game, and outside. They are born as knobheads, something in the water or similar?

Went in 2013 into a local pub to see a local derby and the owner was a friend of my friend and we got into talking and asked me why I support City and before any conclusion, he was shouting ”because of all the money, hahahah”.

They are the fucking worst kind. They think they are fucking royalty.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Well, that confirms that India is raggy central.

Every time some cunt puts a shit comment on social media about City with incorrect facts, before I click on the profile I can be 100% sure it's going to be some dick from that part of the world that has no clue about football.

Correct, I'm exactly the same.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Tony P wrote:Scousers at my work are convinced Spurs will and United will beat us and they will romp home to the title.

Are you confident?

Strangely enough, all the ones I know have been gobbing off wholesale for the last few months, but have gone strangely quiet recently.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Let's see what they do against Fulham first.
I don't think they mind being behind, as much as having to think about the chance of being top, or staying top.

I'd love to watch them shooting themselves in the foot before we kick a ball in the league again.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 pm

yes
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum