FA Cup Swansong

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FA Cup Swansong

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Enjoy :)

Just a few words of wisdom from the valleys, and very little in the way of confidence. It would be good to go into the break still in four competitions, but I suppose anything can happen in a cup game (I keep hearing this on the radio). I wish a safe journey to all Blues making the journey tomorrow.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistant Referees: Stuart Burt & Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper

And the rest…

1-7 if Aguero doesn't play ,if he does 1-9

I think we can trouble them if we have McBurnie playing and we play on the front foot and try and be positive. At least we shouldn't have the aerial threat we get most weeks in the Championship

The thought of Sane and Sterling running at us could end up in a cricket score but we will probably sit deep and breakaway where we can but will need a focal point to hold the ball up

Forecast of thick fog, we win on penalties

Weather on Saturday looks biblical

Man City are a medium size club, whatever people think of Man United. They ARE a big club…Money has destroyed football

After watching Citeh tonight, we should stop worrying bout shifting tickets, and start worrying just how the fck are we gonna get close to this lot?

They put 7 past Schalke tonight. Got a feeling we may just struggle on Saturday

Schalke are crap though. We’ll do better than them

City peaked early

I am officially very scared about Saturday!

If only we could hit the surrender button now! Gonna be a massacre

They lost to Wigan last season. No reason we can't do the same.

Swans 0. Man C.4 for me, They will take pity on us.

Face it, we won’t get anything from this one, not with our threadbare squad…Citeh will take an early opener, effectively killing the game off before we can even pass the ball sideways a million times…Super Swans

I don’t think I’ll even bother watching it on tv, such is my lack of faith in the team right now

While I don't expect Citeh to put the '1st team out' they'll still be horrendously strong and unfortunately we won't be able to keep them at bay…I'd love to see us with a clean sheet after 30 though

Seconds?

I just hope that we don't sit back and defend, only one outcome if we do that. The only teams that have done well against Citeh have gone all out attack and got stuck in whenever they're in possession. Some of our lads will be out to prove a point, particularly Celina.

they'll be knackered on Saturday... I am now looking forward to my trip to Wembley for the semi

6 - 0 to the Swans.....In my dreams. 6 - 0 to Man city... in reality

Swans 0 - 5 Man City

I hope we are keeping the roof open. Seems to be a big issue in the rugby. We play better in the rain

Them being over complacent, refs decisions to go for us, defend way above what we've done all season, hope the weather plays a massive leveler, score at least twice to force extra time, every rebound and ricochet to go our way.??? All of the above and we have a sniff…One or more of it doesn't then good night

Best news yet - Naughton is injured and may not be able to play!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: FA Cup Swansong

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Cheers CM. To be fair they are a second division outfit playing against the reigning champions who also happen to be gunning for four trophies who are probably in the top two or three sides in European football about now. Why wouldn’t they fear an absolute drubbing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby budfox » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 pm

What always strikes me about the comments from other fans is the respect they give us. They acknowledge how good we are, but they rarely have a go at us.

We are class act from Pep to the lady who cleans the bogs on a Tuesday. Probably the best English side there has ever been.

Contrast with the outright hatred that many have for those bin dipping murderers. An odious club, with despicable fans and a self-entitled attitude that is unwarranted in the extreme.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

High winds and driving rain surrounded by the screaming Welsh hoardes..........only one result :( :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Paul68 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:42 am

Some of those are very funny...
I'd like to have a clean sheet after 30....
Seconds?
:lol:
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:58 am

Cheers CM some of them are more upbeat than some of the prem teams we have faced.

Just on my way to Piccadilly for the train to Swansea. Nice 4 and a half hour journey.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:21 am

Wonderwall wrote:Cheers CM some of them are more upbeat than some of the prem teams we have faced.

Just on my way to Piccadilly for the train to Swansea. Nice 4 and a half hour journey.

Good man - hope you'll be like this post match

Watch on youtube.com

Swansea Webcam
-
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:33 am

Small club man is obviously young and thinks football began in 1992
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Return to The Maine Football forum