*** Fulham v Man City *** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Fulham v Man City *** official match thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:33 pm

bluemoon wrote:I'm beginning to worry about our Merlin, didn't look anywhere near his best yet again and De Bruyne looked like he's trying too hard, We could do with at least one of these getting back on track sometime soon if we're going to have more success this season. Sterling has had better games, but have to give him some slack given recent amount of game time and performances.

Overall though I thought we were excellent for the first 30mins and game managed the remaining 60 adequately enough. Bernardo and Aguero were outstanding and that finish was jizz inducing. If only our remaining games could be this straight forward!

I wouldn't worry. Both have had injuries and both need time to get their aim back in.

Even when they're shit they occupy players and leave space for others, and they can only get better.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bluemoon » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bluemoon wrote:I'm beginning to worry about our Merlin, didn't look anywhere near his best yet again and De Bruyne looked like he's trying too hard, We could do with at least one of these getting back on track sometime soon if we're going to have more success this season. Sterling has had better games, but have to give him some slack given recent amount of game time and performances.

Overall though I thought we were excellent for the first 30mins and game managed the remaining 60 adequately enough. Bernardo and Aguero were outstanding and that finish was jizz inducing. If only our remaining games could be this straight forward!

I wouldn't worry. Both have had injuries and both need time to get their aim back in.

Even when they're shit they occupy players and leave space for others, and they can only get better.

Love your optimism Beefy and you're probably right.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:51 pm

[quote="bluemoon"]I'm beginning to worry about our Merlin, didn't look anywhere near his best yet again and De Bruyne looked like he's trying too hard, We could do with at least one of these getting back on track sometime soon if we're going to have more success this season. Sterling has had better games, but have to give him some slack given recent amount of game time and performances.

Overall though I thought we were excellent for the first 30mins and game managed the remaining 60 adequately enough. Bernardo and Aguero were outstanding and that finish was jizz inducing. If only our remaining games could be this straight forward![/quote

Weird innit? He is making bad decisions with the ball so often. The exact opposite to what has made him so good for us over the years. ]
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby bluemoon » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:15 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Weird innit? He is making bad decisions with the ball so often. The exact opposite to what has made him so good for us over the years.

Yeah it really is. I also think he plays better with Leroy in the team and we look more effective overall as a team with them down the left side than we do with Silva/Sterling or other combo but even with that it shouldn't detract from the decline in quality from him. One of his many great attributes is the weight on his passes, yet I've seen him get it wrong more times in the past 4 months than in all of his previous games put together and it's not just that as you know. He looked immense before he got injured, but surely that can't be underlying cause of his form? He's come back from injuries plenty of times before but the magic was always there even if the fitness wasn't.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum