Pearce slams 'witch hunt'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pearce slams 'witch hunt'

Postby blootoof » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:03 pm

England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce does not want a 'witch hunt' of John Terry after the recent revelations regarding his private life.

Chelsea and England captain Terry has been the subject of great media attention after it was revealed he allegedly had an affair with the ex-girlfriend of England team-mate Wayne Bridge.

The story has dominated the front and back pages in recent days, and the 29-year-old centre-half received a hostile reception from Burnley fans whilst playing for the Blues at the weekend, and from Hull City fans on Tuesday night.

Many have argued that Terry's position as England captain is now untenable, although Three Lions boss Fabio Capello has yet to make an announcement on the issue.

The Italian tactician is expected to have a meeting with Terry on Thursday or Friday, and while Pearce says the final decision rests with Capello, he is keen to avoid a 'witch hunt'.

"Fabio will certainly be wanting to be a dominant voice," he told Sky Sports.

"I couldn't see anyone else going above Fabio and making statements or decisions in respect to who captains the side above Fabio, I can't see that happening.

"I think the last decision should always be the manager's decision on whatever goes on.

"The one thing I would say is John Terry is a fantastic captain, in footballing terms on and off the pitch I think he is a selfless professional and his form is fantastic for his country.

"So I'm not a big lover of witch hunts of people which I'm afraid our country tends to follow a little bit these days.

"The bottom line is John, his family and everyone concerned in the matter - it's a matter for those people and not the likes of other people who haven't got a vested interest in what goes on."

Correct me if I'm wrong but every thing this cunt has done has been related to football.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Pearce slams 'witch hunt'

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Terry has lost the captains armband!! Capello has phoned Bridge to have a good look under his bed for it.

Berdum-tish. I'm here all week.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Fish111 wrote:Terry has lost the captains armband!! Capello has phoned Bridge to have a good look under his bed for it.

NIIIIIIIIICE !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:15 pm

What hunt?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Which Hunt is a hunting magazine intended to help the consumer decide who to hate this week - for example it was Alex Reid until he was all nice on Celebrity big brother
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby blootoof » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Fish111 wrote:Terry has lost the captains armband!! Capello has phoned Bridge to have a good look under his bed for it.

Paid £10 at blockbusters for: Jordans "My Dribblin Cunt"

Got home to find it was a video of Harveys birthday :P
Last edited by blootoof on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blootoof » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm

thats me banned
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:23 pm

blootoof wrote:thats me banned

It was nice knowin ya toof!
Ha ha.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ronk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 pm

Poor old, unfortunate Terry. You know, this reminds me of last year when Stevie Gerrard had to endure a torrid time at the hands of the media and the "establishment".

He was on trial for assaulting a DJ in Liverpool who didn't even recognise him, the cheeky fecker. This could have affected Stevie's career and he might have even had to go to jail. It was criminal the way he was subjected to a witch-hunt or "trial".

What's next, forcing John Terry to make an apology he doesn't really mean just because he betrayed his team-mate and ruined his personal life? This could affect his endorsements, there's no justification for that.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby crossan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:11 am

Pearce is out of order defending Terry,he has disgraced the armband.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:30 am

crossan wrote:Pearce is out of order defending Terry,he has disgraced the armband.

Agree with that Crossan, the giving guided tours round Cobham's facilities for 10k, his shoplifting mum, his chis selling dad and now banging his mate's wife

He is maybe representative of the majority of ENGURRRRLAND white van st driving st george's cross flag toting tabloid reading fans but certainly don't think he is a suitable man to front our world cup campaign
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 am

you know what. Beckham is a prick, but he was 10 times a better captain than this scumbag.
Witch hunt? Fuck off Pearce, he's a scummer and deserves every bit of abuse and bad press that comes his way.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 pm

The most embarrassing aspect of the whole affair is that, clearly, Stuart Pearce doesn't understand the meaning of the term "witch-hunt"
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Return to The Maine Football forum