VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

VAR

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:02 pm

https://twitter.com/Atishay_Agarwal/sta ... 7424227329

Just had this sent to me clearly showing a handball for spurs 3rd goal . Now it transpired a certain ex ref scouse cunt namely Peter Walton refused to show this angle to ref via VAR

BENT !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: VAR

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 pm

City64 wrote:https://twitter.com/Atishay_Agarwal/status/1118615467424227329

Just had this sent to me clearly showing a handball for spurs 3rd goal . Now it transpired a certain ex ref scouse cunt namely Peter Walton refused to show this angle to ref via VAR

BENT !!!!

BENT INDEED. Football is ruined.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 pm

BENT !!!!

WTF !!...Is this genuine ? if so its a fucking disgrace !!!......we never saw this angle on the shitty replays.

And PeP still wonders why the city fans boo this fuckign shite competition !!!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BENT !!!!

WTF !!...Is this genuine ? if so its a fucking disgrace !!!......we never saw this angle on the shitty replays.

And PeP still wonders why the city fans boo this fuckign shite competition !!!!!

we never saw this angle on the shitty replays.

Yeah from your comfy armchair. Get to the game. We were robbed.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BENT !!!!

Genuine VAR Carl . This angle WAS DELIBERATELY NOT SHOWN PITCHSIDE TO THE REF !!!

FUCKING BENT !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 pm

Cunts Munich's still.dont listen I reminded them it was bent last night
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BENT !!!!

Genuine VAR Carl . This angle WAS DELIBERATELY NOT SHOWN PITCHSIDE TO THE REF !!!

FUCKING BENT !!!

Disgrace.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BENT !!!!

Not genuine. Walton is employed by BT Sport as a pundit for refereeing decisions, and cannot influence the on-pitch/VAR decisions in any way. From what I saw, the most obvious angle wasn't shown to the ref on the VAR screen, though.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 am

VAR will favour whichever club the officials want it too. Its as simple as that. There are still too many little inconsistencies
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 am

BENT !!!!

yeah, the ref in the bt studio runs var... how fucking thick are you?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:10 am

nottsblue wrote:VAR will favour whichever club the officials want it too. Its as simple as that. There are still too many little inconsistencies

like the pen we missed in the first game that 95% of us never saw in real time???
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:VAR will favour whichever club the officials want it too. Its as simple as that. There are still too many little inconsistencies

like the pen we missed in the first game that 95% of us never saw in real time???

Thats the inconsistency. One handball is flagged and one isnt. Why wasnt Llorente's handball not flagged?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:53 am

nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Thats the inconsistency. One handball is flagged and one isnt. Why wasnt Llorente's handball not flagged?

it was picked up though
the fact that the ref ‘didn’t see it’ is the issues
as wio pointed out, the skin on his forearm clearly moved. a rugby var would have picked it up
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:57 am

Wasn't the Llorente goal more comparable to the one Aguero score din one of the cups, where it bounced off his hip onto his elbow, but did't change direction?
That time we got the rub of the green, but of course we were winning anyway and it was the league cup against some minions and not a CL quarter final.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:00 am

It has to be intentional for it to be handball, strong argument to say it wasn't.

Next season it doesn't have to be intentional as the rule is changing.

If VAR was in place last season we likely would've reached semis, VAR put us out this season.

Bet your bollox that we will have a goal ruled for handball next season that will put us out.

There's life in that old Typical City dog yet.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:05 am

mr_nool wrote:Wasn't the Llorente goal more comparable to the one Aguero score din one of the cups, where it bounced off his hip onto his elbow, but did't change direction?

BT Sport heavily implied last night (they may have even said it's a "rule", but they've made those up before) that it should only be disallowed if a) it's intentional (it wasn't), b) if the arm is in an unnatural position (it wasn't), or c) if the ball doesn't touch another body part after the arm (it did). In the Aguero situation you're talking about, BT Sports rules say it's a no-goal, as the last body part to be touched was the elbow, but last night's was kosher.

It's the last of these 3 I have huge contention with - I have honestly never heard anything like that before: basically what they're implying is that if a player whips a cross into the box, someone else is running, the ball hits their arm and bounces down onto their knee and in, then it should be a goal, according to the rules. Which doesn't sound right to me. I honestly think they make things up as they go along.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Wasn't the Llorente goal more comparable to the one Aguero score din one of the cups, where it bounced off his hip onto his elbow, but did't change direction?

BT Sport heavily implied last night (they may have even said it's a "rule", but they've made those up before) that it should only be disallowed if a) it's intentional (it wasn't), b) if the arm is in an unnatural position (it wasn't), or c) if the ball doesn't touch another body part after the arm (it did). In the Aguero situation you're talking about, BT Sports rules say it's a no-goal, as the last body part to be touched was the elbow, but last night's was kosher.

It's the last of these 3 I have huge contention with - I have honestly never heard anything like that before: basically what they're implying is that if a player whips a cross into the box, someone else is running, the ball hits their arm and bounces down onto their knee and in, then it should be a goal, according to the rules. Which doesn't sound right to me. I honestly think they make things up as they go along.

I totally agree with that. And that goes for the FA and UEFA as well (who, by the way, have different guidelines on how and when VAR should be employed).
It's a shambles at the moment.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:16 am

Bent hasn’t played for spurs for years so doesn’t seem fair to blame him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 am

VAR is going to take (has already taken) a huge element of joy, character and romance from the game. Its becoming like a computer game. One of the great joys of football was its simplicity. That simplicity is eroded by this harsh clinical technology.
Celebrating an important goal only to find out minutes afterwards that it was disallowed is too clinical and painful, takes a lot from the enjoyment of the game, no matter which side you are on.
Fook off VAR.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BENT !!!!

Actually Carl, i mentioned it even last night. We clearly saw on TV what the ref saw as he was watching and what we saw , he was not shown .

So yes , there has to be questions about the implementation of VAR,

Walton also made dubious and incorrect staements about the fifth goal , which should have been allowed. Also, why didn't the referee not check the screen replay again on the fifth goal . As Erikson said , he got away with it . He knew it was a legit goal.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum