VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:49 am

sheblue wrote:VAR is going to take (has already taken) a huge element of joy, character and romance from the game. Its becoming like a computer game. One of the great joys of football was its simplicity. That simplicity is eroded by this harsh clinical technology.
Celebrating an important goal only to find out minutes afterwards that it was disallowed is too clinical and painful, takes a lot from the enjoyment of the game, no matter which side you are on.
Fook off VAR.

you mean harsh clinical abuse of technology.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:VAR will favour whichever club the officials want it too. Its as simple as that. There are still too many little inconsistencies

like the pen we missed in the first game that 95% of us never saw in real time???

Thats the inconsistency. One handball is flagged and one isnt. Why wasnt Llorente's handball not flagged?

it was picked up though
the fact that the ref ‘didn’t see it’ is the issues
as wio pointed out, the skin on his forearm clearly moved. a rugby var would have picked it up

Doh !

It was picked up , it wasn't acted upon .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:56 am

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:VAR is going to take (has already taken) a huge element of joy, character and romance from the game. Its becoming like a computer game. One of the great joys of football was its simplicity. That simplicity is eroded by this harsh clinical technology.
Celebrating an important goal only to find out minutes afterwards that it was disallowed is too clinical and painful, takes a lot from the enjoyment of the game, no matter which side you are on.
Fook off VAR.

you mean harsh clinical abuse of technology.

The whole lot of it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:08 am

Ok three major issues here as it was difficult putting info out late last night on the way home from the game in a fuming dejected state .......
1, The ref can only make a VAR decision with the footage he is shown and clearly clear relevant footage of the Llorente handball was withheld from him . Have to say the ref had a good game last night and the major calls were made over his head via dubious VAR .
1, Peter Walton working for BT would also have have video footage of the Llorente handball but also chose not to show it to a world wide audience.
3, Both us and PSG have been dumped out of the CL via dubious and late VAR decisions , UEFA have got their way and manufactured a satisfactory outcome to get the two “oil rich “ clubs out of the competition.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:17 am

City64 wrote:Ok three major issues here as it was difficult putting info out late last night on the way home from the game in a fuming dejected state .......
1, The ref can only make a VAR decision with the footage he is shown and clearly clear relevant footage of the Llorente handball was withheld from him . Have to say the ref had a good game last night and the major calls were made over his head via dubious VAR .
1, Peter Walton working for BT would also have have video footage of the Llorente handball but also chose not to show it to a world wide audience.
3, Both us and PSG have been dumped out of the CL via dubious and late VAR decisions , UEFA have got their way and manufactured a satisfactory outcome to get the two “oil rich “ clubs out of the competition.

This is what he saw. On tv we saw another one, beside those two.
Now, the question is simple. How does the handball rule work? It touched his elbow, it was not with intention, but it touched him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:21 am

City64 wrote:Ok three major issues here as it was difficult putting info out late last night on the way home from the game in a fuming dejected state .......

Unfortunately, that's the way it is for us in chumps league. We have to play perfect in the latter knockout stages and VAR will now continue to be used against us. All that said, without the handball, Spurs still scored 3 goals over two legs and that's not good enough. Our defence is not good enough at this level
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 am

salford city wrote:

Unfortunately, that's the way it is for us in chumps league. We have to play perfect in the latter knockout stages and VAR will now continue to be used against us. All that said, without the handball, Spurs still scored 3 goals over two legs and that's not good enough. Our defence is not good enough at this level

Gutted but still breathing Just. Lets smash the mouthy cunts Saturday !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 am

Do you know what I'm thinking, that when we play at the weekend we are going to be on the end of those very same decisions, only VAR-less.

Ball hits Aguero's wrist, bounces onto his knee and goes in. Goal disallowed.

Ballassed back from Mendy, hits Erikson and onto Son who is marginally offside. Goal allowed.

It just feels like it's coming!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby globalbollox » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:49 am

I have to say that last night watching the ref checking the video during the game he didn't seem to be getting the pictures he wanted.
The video was jumping all over the place and he just seemed to give up and awarded the goal.
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am

Looks like they are ready for the new black mirror season

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:11 am

as gutted as i am, we’d be fuming if we’d had a goal like that disallowed...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:16 am

if that had been Mané instead of sterling there is no fucking way on earth that goal is disallowed. at home, in the 93rd of a knockout tie?? fucking no way on earth.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:29 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:as gutted as i am, we’d be fuming if we’d had a goal like that disallowed...

You are such an annoying fucking prick ! Zero cred just a prick !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:as gutted as i am, we’d be fuming if we’d had a goal like that disallowed...

You are such an annoying fucking prick ! Zero cred just a prick !

I agree with him. But then again, I think our goal should've stood as well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 am

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:30 am

The whole thing is quite simple once you realise that this has nothing whatsoever to do with football or football clubs. It is about multiglobal businesses creating a powerful cartel to ensure they maximise their profits and ensure that their maximised profits are protected.

UeFA is merely an administrative body who are controlled by its members' wishes.

The members are in turn controlled by their representative body, the European Clubs Association (ECA), which is in turn dominated and controlled by a small but exremely powerful cartel.

Never forget that the CL was designed by that cartel and foisted on UeFA under threat of a breakaway Euro Super League.

That powerful cartel have little interest in winning trophies, that is a sop to keep their customers interested and spending. Their only interest is the accounts sheet.
(witness the Arsenal model for years....don't compete with other major clubs in the transfer market, finish top 4, guarantee a place in pot 1, that is sufficient to continue the cycle,, as it did for many years.

First attack on their profits was Chelsea who were first disposed of disposed of in that infamous game v Barca and subsequently absorbed by increased qualification to 4 clubs,

PSG and City were the next attack on them. FFP delayed progress but ultimately failed. A series of investigations we now know were demanded by the cartel and UeFA complied, even after PSG had just passed one investigation and were forced to go to the COA.
Referees are a major onfield tool for corrupting match results but VAR gives them an even better tool.How can ythings go wrong when it is clearly shown on a screen and can be studied at length?

In rugby, the video and audio between the ref and VAR officials is public. We see see/hear what the ref wants and what tyhe ref sees. In football that is all kept away from the public and therefore the outcomes and decisions can be controlled can be controlled.

City and PSG are treated as a separate entity within UeFA and defined as Nation Clubs and because of their resources seen as a major threat to cartel profits that must be stopped.

Currently, PSG have just had a 2nd investigation by EuFA (at thre instigation of the cartel clubs) stopped by the Court of Sports Arbitration. City are under investigation by FIFA, UeFA and the FA.

Says it all really.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 pm

john68 wrote:The whole thing is quite simple once you realise that this has nothing whatsoever to do with football or football clubs. It is about multiglobal businesses creating a powerful cartel to ensure they maximise their profits and ensure that their maximised profits are protected.

UeFA is merely an administrative body who are controlled by its members' wishes.

The members are in turn controlled by their representative body, the European Clubs Association (ECA), which is in turn dominated and controlled by a small but exremely powerful cartel.

Never forget that the CL was designed by that cartel and foisted on UeFA under threat of a breakaway Euro Super League.

That powerful cartel have little interest in winning trophies, that is a sop to keep their customers interested and spending. Their only interest is the accounts sheet.
(witness the Arsenal model for years....don't compete with other major clubs in the transfer market, finish top 4, guarantee a place in pot 1, that is sufficient to continue the cycle,, as it did for many years.

First attack on their profits was Chelsea who were first disposed of disposed of in that infamous game v Barca and subsequently absorbed by increased qualification to 4 clubs,

PSG and City were the next attack on them. FFP delayed progress but ultimately failed. A series of investigations we now know were demanded by the cartel and UeFA complied, even after PSG had just passed one investigation and were forced to go to the COA.
Referees are a major onfield tool for corrupting match results but VAR gives them an even better tool.How can ythings go wrong when it is clearly shown on a screen and can be studied at length?

In rugby, the video and audio between the ref and VAR officials is public. We see see/hear what the ref wants and what tyhe ref sees. In football that is all kept away from the public and therefore the outcomes and decisions can be controlled can be controlled.

City and PSG are treated as a separate entity within UeFA and defined as Nation Clubs and because of their resources seen as a major threat to cartel profits that must be stopped.

Currently, PSG have just had a 2nd investigation by EuFA (at thre instigation of the cartel clubs) stopped by the Court of Sports Arbitration. City are under investigation by FIFA, UeFA and the FA.

Says it all really.

You brought this up many many moons ago - but yes , we are hated by them and they will use whatever is at their disposal to ensure we get fucked , the booing just makes them even more determined.

Nice to see your alive and well !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:The whole thing is quite simple once you realise that this has nothing whatsoever to do with football or football clubs. It is about multiglobal businesses creating a powerful cartel to ensure they maximise their profits and ensure that their maximised profits are protected.

Says it all really.

You brought this up many many moons ago - but yes , we are hated by them and they will use whatever is at their disposal to ensure we get fucked , the booing just makes them even more determined.

Top post John . I would also add that UEFA and the cartel don’t give two fucks about fans , grown men and women last night hardened football supporters sickened by the passion and emotion ripped from them in seconds amidst a glorious comeback vowing never to return to a football game again . Will be interesting to see how many turn up Saturday. Football the real loser last night and somehow at sometime UEFA needs to be held responsible..........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:16 pm

I think nights like last night are made for the TV audience. Imagine how many people are talking about the decisions at work or school today, and about the VAR and the excitement it generated for those who weren't in the stadium. I reckon these could just be the first of many manufactured controversies while the technology is in its teething stage over the next 3 or 4 seasons.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Says it all really.

Top post John . I would also add that UEFA and the cartel don’t give two fucks about fans , grown men and women last night hardened football supporters sickened by the passion and emotion ripped from them in seconds amidst a glorious comeback vowing never to return to a football game again . Will be interesting to see how many turn up Saturday. Football the real loser last night and somehow at sometime UEFA needs to be held responsible..........

Just goes to show that our fans are capable of providing that kind of atmosphere , nothing to do with stewards , nothing to do with pricing , nothing to do with fuckall else apart from focusing on supporting the team for the whole fuckign match.

HATSoff to them but they should be doing this every home game !! just look at how we played ?? KDB a fuckign monster of a player !!

(Wont mention the defense )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum