The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:PRAY HARD for Agent Solsjkaer . . . Quote from the Caf :

"Ole's peak was the first game at Cardiff. We played quick, one touch football and actually created some good chances. Since then, the performances have slowly got worse, and while it was a great result against PSG it was fairly lucky. I'm really worried about next season now if we appoint Ole. He's going to stick with a lot of players who aren't good enough like Rashford, Lingard because they're homegrown and it's going to be another poor season.

I feel like the next manager has to be the right one, I can see next season being over by Christmas and Ole out of a job. I hope I'm wrong but we've seen over the past few years that it's going to take a world class coach offensively to get anything out of our current crop of players. We don't have Real Madrid/Barca calibre players where we can afford to appoint our version of Zidane. "

Bad news! Ole in!

But the title of the new manager is there already: after the Chosen One and the Special One comes.... the Right One.

I'm not aware of any prominent football managers in recent years called "Martini" . . .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:34 pm

I don't get that joke. Probably too dry for me...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

"Ole's peak was the first game at Cardiff. We played quick, one touch football and actually created some good chances. Since then, the performances have slowly got worse, and while it was a great result against PSG it was fairly lucky. I'm really worried about next season now if we appoint Ole. He's going to stick with a lot of players who aren't good enough like Rashford, Lingard because they're homegrown and it's going to be another poor season.

I feel like the next manager has to be the right one, I can see next season being over by Christmas and Ole out of a job. I hope I'm wrong but we've seen over the past few years that it's going to take a world class coach offensively to get anything out of our current crop of players. We don't have Real Madrid/Barca calibre players where we can afford to appoint our version of Zidane. "

Bad news! Ole in!

But the title of the new manager is there already: after the Chosen One and the Special One comes.... the Right One.

I'm not aware of any prominent football managers in recent years called "Martini" . . .

Ha can lose any time, any place, anywhere.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Bad news! Ole in!

Ha can lose any time, any place, anywhere.

That Fekkin Rosser Reeves has a lot to answer for.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:18 pm

McLeish relieved of his duties as Scotland boss. Not sure what those duties entail, as he was as much use as Anne Franks drum kit.

Surely the Scottish FA, though obviously very stupid as they gave the gig to McLeish in the first instance, aren’t stupid enough to give Gollum a go
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:49 pm

OGS won't be the United manager by the start of the 2020-2021 season.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:OGS won't be the United manager by the start of the 2020-2021 season.

It's the U****d way.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby bigblue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:10 pm

the rags have had 5 shots on target from open play in the past four games... In comparison, they conceded 8 on target today alone.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:OGS won't be the United manager by the start of the 2020-2021 season.

It's the U****d way.

It was a complete overreaction to hire him when they did. They shouldve waited until the season was over to assess.
Saul Goodman

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

It's the U****d way.

It was a complete overreaction to hire him when they did. They shouldve waited until the season was over to assess.

even a dead dog bounces
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bigblue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:33 pm

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

It's the U****d way.

even a dead dog bounces

Doh ! Done it again eh?

Only if you throw the carcass on a trampoline.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Wonder what odds OGS is to not be rags boss at the start of next season. He is blatantly out of his depth and it would be better for the rags to admit their error in appointing him and get rid before he really harms them. Fingers crossed they don’t, obviously as I’m sure I speak for all blues in saying how much of a great job we think he’s doing
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:Wonder what odds OGS is to not be rags boss at the start of next season. He is blatantly out of his depth and it would be better for the rags to admit their error in appointing him and get rid before he really harms them. Fingers crossed they don’t, obviously as I’m sure I speak for all blues in saying how much of a great job we think he’s doing

I cant believe they'd do that. The argument for keeping him next season is that the United squad is terrible and needs to be rebuilt this summer. Phil Jones, Smalling, Ashley Young, Matic, Lukaku, Darmian, and others aren't good enough for a top 4 side in England. Sanchez is a cancer and needs to go too, despite his quality.

I assume the thought process will be to let OGS try to remake the squad this summer and have a full pre-season to put his stamp on the squad. When he inevitably fails next season then they'll sack him.

The funny thing is that United...United in the Europa League....United in the Europa League with a manager who was previously managing in the Norwegian league isnt an attractive prospect for big-name, quality players.
Saul Goodman

Postby Scatman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:39 pm

He's already said he will not spend big and be true to the yoonited way and bring youth through. In other words the board have already realised the error of their ways.
Scatman

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Scatman wrote:He's already said he will not spend big and be true to the yoonited way and bring youth through. In other words the board have already realised the error of their ways.

Or perhaps that's why they rushed to appoint him, so that they did not have to spend big to support a higher profile manager? I can think of no other reason to do it when they did.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Scatman wrote:He's already said he will not spend big and be true to the yoonited way and bring youth through. In other words the board have already realised the error of their ways.

Or perhaps that's why they rushed to appoint him, so that they did not have to spend big to support a higher profile manager? I can think of no other reason to do it when they did.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:20 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wonder what odds OGS is to not be rags boss at the start of next season. He is blatantly out of his depth and it would be better for the rags to admit their error in appointing him and get rid before he really harms them. Fingers crossed they don’t, obviously as I’m sure I speak for all blues in saying how much of a great job we think he’s doing

I cant believe they'd do that. The argument for keeping him next season is that the United squad is terrible and needs to be rebuilt this summer. Phil Jones, Smalling, Ashley Young, Matic, Lukaku, Darmian, and others aren't good enough for a top 4 side in England. Sanchez is a cancer and needs to go too, despite his quality.

I assume the thought process will be to let OGS try to remake the squad this summer and have a full pre-season to put his stamp on the squad. When he inevitably fails next season then they'll sack him.

The funny thing is that United...United in the Europa League....United in the Europa League with a manager who was previously managing in the Norwegian league isnt an attractive prospect for big-name, quality players.

Don't think they can rebuild their squad in one summer though.

It's a real mess despite having talent in it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:56 am

Haven't they extended Shaw, Jones, Young and
Smalling?

Woodward would have been dismissed in any other industry for gross incompetence. Long may he continue !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:02 am

The problem yesterday for the Rags was effort. Pogba & Co. have reverted to type. Jones, Young and Smalling try hard. So I can see why they would keep them. They are just not good enough. The Rags mistake was backing Pogba over Mo. Ollie has made the same mistake. Poga & Co. clear out is required before they can progress. One step back to be able to take two forward. MU are like Chelsea now. The lazy uncommitted players are running the show. Long may it last. Would not happen with PeP or Ferguson or Klopp..... Think Poga under Ferguson, Sane with Pep, etc... Billy Big Balls is not tolerated!
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum