The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Dimples wrote:The problem yesterday for the Rags was effort. Pogba & Co. have reverted to type. Jones, Young and Smalling try hard. So I can see why they would keep them. They are just not good enough. The Rags mistake was backing Pogba over Mo. Ollie has made the same mistake. Poga & Co. clear out is required before they can progress. One step back to be able to take two forward. MU are like Chelsea now. The lazy uncommitted players are running the show. Long may it last. Would not happen with PeP or Ferguson or Klopp..... Think Poga under Ferguson, Sane with Pep, etc... Billy Big Balls is not tolerated!

We all knew this lad was way out of his depth. And isn't it just wonderful. Extend his contract and give him 400 mill to splash on more Fred types in the summer.
The championship awaits.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 pm

It's starting to look a bit ominous in Middle Earth, we need him to stay long enough to screw up the summer transfer window.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:17 am

Has Olē gone yet?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 am

Mase wrote:Has Olē gone yet?

their worst run of results since the 60s right?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:05 am

zuricity wrote:Haven't they extended Shaw, Jones, Young and
Smalling?

Woodward would have been dismissed in any other industry for gross incompetence. Long may he continue !

As long as the cash cow keeps the Glaziers in the style they're accustomed to, what goes on on the pitch is irrelevant.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 am

patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Haven't they extended Shaw, Jones, Young and
Smalling?

Woodward would have been dismissed in any other industry for gross incompetence. Long may he continue !

As long as the cash cow keeps the Glaziers in the style they're accustomed to, what goes on on the pitch is irrelevant.

Yes but they really need to sign somebody good looking so they can get lots of likes on social media
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 am

Dickheads
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Dickheads

why? he’s taken them as far as he can and they were extremely lucky to stay up.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Dickheads

why? he’s taken them as far as he can and they were extremely lucky to stay up.

And got them to an FA cup semi.

What exactly do they expect? For the investment made they're about where they should be.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 am

Dickheads

Good.
That fucker wanted to take points from us yesterday. Same as Rodgers and same as Red Ivan from Burnley. They didn't have any gain in this and still they played like a final their games vs us.

I am not saying to step aside, but don't be a fucking martyr in a battle where you have not place.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 11:29 am

PeterParker wrote:

Dickheads

Good.
That fucker wanted to take points from us yesterday. Same as Rodgers and same as Red Ivan from Burnley. They didn't have any gain in this and still they played like a final their games vs us.

I am not saying to step aside, but don't be a fucking martyr in a battle where you have not place.

He's being professional. Just as Rafa was, just as Nuno was, sorry mate but that's bollox.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wooders » Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 am

Agreed - it’s a football teams responsibility to their fans not to lose games if they can help it, regardless of what’s at stake
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Harsh for my money, he’s got a squad similar to the ones we used to battle relegation with and made an fa cup semi and stayed up.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Dickheads

Good.

He's being professional. Just as Rafa was, just as Nuno was, sorry mate but that's bollox.

Rafa was not professional, mate. We all saw that game and only two players from the georgies were professionals: Rondon and Atsu. What his defence did in that game was bent as fuck. And you can't do that without the approval of your manager.

I agree with professionalism, but our last three games were considered finals for those three managers and not their usual selfs.
Again, not saying get out of the way, but playing like you did, in my book, in means that you are almost the feeder club.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Wooders wrote:Agreed - it’s a football teams responsibility to their fans not to lose games if they can help it, regardless of what’s at stake

sure, be professional, but playing for a 0-0 when you have nothing to gain from it?? that's f*cking criminal.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Wooders wrote:Agreed - it’s a football teams responsibility to their fans not to lose games if they can help it, regardless of what’s at stake

sure, be professional, but playing for a 0-0 when you have nothing to gain from it?? that's f*cking criminal.

That's the issue I have. Leicester haven't played with 11 men behind the ball since Rogers took over and then against us suddenly they did. Scum.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

That's the issue I have. Leicester haven't played with 11 men behind the ball since Rogers took over and then against us suddenly they did. Scum.

+1.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Get what you're saying but also think it's fair to argue that he would've done that regardless of the context.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Get what you're saying but also think it's fair to argue that he would've done that regardless of the context.

They didn't do the same thing in Klanfield when it ended 1-1. But again, at that time was Puel not Rodgers.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 1:27 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

They didn't do the same thing in Klanfield when it ended 1-1. But again, at that time was Puel not Rodgers.

Perhaps because they think they can go toe to toe with Liverpool, that will change next season, Liverpool better hope they get that creative midfielder they want and that he hits the ground running, as more teams will do what they do to us and park the bus.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum