Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Dipstick wrote:Michael Oliver for Brighton. Not my favourite but could be worse. Atkinson for bindippers.

So glad we didn't get Atkinson. Isn't he Liverpool's best regards statistically? No surprises, but we need to do our job and get this over the line. Oliver is one of the better ones in the league.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dimples » Tue May 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dipstick wrote:Michael Oliver for Brighton. Not my favourite but could be worse. Atkinson for bindippers.

So glad we didn't get Atkinson. Isn't he Liverpool's best regards statistically? No surprises, but we need to do our job and get this over the line. Oliver is one of the better ones in the league.

I thought the Liverpool fans would not be happy with Atkinson - always saying that he has it in for them?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed May 08, 2019 11:45 am

Interesting article on referee bias at https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/20 ... rpool.html
It mentions
"...Without referee bias, City would have sealed the title at Old Trafford.."

"...Massive insider positions exist on Liverpool stealing the league..." "A lot rides on their (Oliver and Tierney) 'performance'

"...Michael Oliver has the most explaining to do as his input is biased to statistically significant levels across the systemic corruptions outlined above..."
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Scatman » Wed May 08, 2019 12:25 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Interesting article on referee bias at https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/20 ... rpool.html
It mentions
"...Without referee bias, City would have sealed the title at Old Trafford.."

"...Massive insider positions exist on Liverpool stealing the league..." "A lot rides on their (Oliver and Tierney) 'performance'

"...Michael Oliver has the most explaining to do as his input is biased to statistically significant levels across the systemic corruptions outlined above..."

And without shit penalties we'd be champions already and most likely in the champions league final.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby salford city » Wed May 08, 2019 3:06 pm

And without shit penalties we'd be champions already and most likely in the champions league final.[/quote]

Yes, we have still done well to overcome the handicap system & be in with a shout on the last day of the season. Does not matter what the officials do at Anfield, ultimately, they cannot give them four points as well as wipe out our superior goal difference
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue May 14, 2019 6:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

No way :lol: Is that Photoshopped or genuine?! He is from the Wirral isn't he so may support them to be fair.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 14, 2019 7:30 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

No way :lol: Is that Photoshopped or genuine?! He is from the Wirral isn't he so may support them to be fair.

Have to admit I have a sympathy for Dean. He is the Yaya of refereeing.
Bonkers.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Tue May 14, 2019 7:31 am

I absolutely love him! What a character. Better than some of the boring fucks that ref now. At least he seems to love the game.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 am

Mase wrote:I absolutely love him! What a character. Better than some of the boring fucks that ref now. At least he seems to love the game.

I watched the game and yes a true fan. Fair play !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 14, 2019 8:54 pm

You fuck PSG over and have a spastic performance? Excellent, you get the final.

Slovenia's Damir Skomina will referee the all-English Champions League final between Tottenham and Liverpool.

The 42-year-old awarded Manchester United a controversial late penalty in their last-16 victory over Paris St-Germain in March.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby salford city » Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 am

PeterParker wrote:You fuck PSG over and have a spastic performance? Excellent, you get the final.

Slovenia's Damir Skomina will referee the all-English Champions League final between Tottenham and Liverpool.

The 42-year-old awarded Manchester United a controversial late penalty in their last-16 victory over Paris St-Germain in March.

Fuck me, that is proper ropey!
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 15, 2019 4:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:You fuck PSG over and have a spastic performance? Excellent, you get the final.

To be fair, as we have found out both to our cost (Schalke away) and benefit (Spuds away), if the ball hits the hand in the penalty box it will be given as a penalty kick. Stupid rule IMO, but there you go.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 15, 2019 8:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:

To be fair, as we have found out both to our cost (Schalke away) and benefit (Spuds away), if the ball hits the hand in the penalty box it will be given as a penalty kick. Stupid rule IMO, but there you go.

My issue with that handball in the PSG game was that we saw only one angle, remember? And after the game also, the same angle. PSG argued that the handball was outside the box and from that all their protest started.

Since that moment we didn't see other replay of that, only this one:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu May 16, 2019 6:14 am

Two points
Mike Dean was doing the big look at me. He loves to be the centre of attention, by such a public display of support of Tranmere he's probably hoping to be allowed to referee other Merseyside games in future?

I didn't watch the Leeds Derby play off last night which Derby won, and I don't like Leeds as a club, for their historic thuggery, but I wouldn't be happy, if I was a Leeds fan having the Manchester United supporting Anthony Taylor appointed to referee the game.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum