Refreshing standards and behavior: Pep & Klopp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Refreshing standards and behavior: Pep & Klopp

Postby Dimples » Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 am

Delete please if this does not warrant a thread.

A breath of fresh air, for me, was the conduct of Pep and Klopp.
In the past couple of months both have been under intense pressure but they conducted themselves in a very dignified manner.
It makes the victory sweeter.
Klopp had to be absolutely gutted by not winning the title but he he was very dignified in defeat.

Imaging if that title race was between say Mo and Ferguson! Just imagine the tripe that would have been spouted week after week.
(Before the MU game, OGS talking about the refs, IMO that came straight from his 'mentor' Ferguson and sidekick Phelan)

For me both of them are to be congratulated - well done.
What do people think?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: Refreshing standards and behavior: Pep & Klopp

Postby Mase » Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 am

As Pep said, he didn't need to text other players from teams nothing to do with them or even mention the teams Liverpool were facing.

Compare that to Flopp and the guy imo lost the plot. Texting Ashley fuckin Barnes desperate for him to score is embarrassing.

In fact, his whole persona is embarrassing. He's a real life German David Brent.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Michigan Blue » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

Dipper players were quite gracious yesterday, particularly Van Dijk and Robertson. Robertson called City a “joy to watch.”

Klopp went to the tired playbook of “it will always be difficult to compete with their investment.” After our missed transfer targets, injuries, and the most incredible sequence of held nerves in the history of English football, it was an incredibly bitter thing to come out with, particularly considering their spend in the past 2 years. But as long as he flashes his big toothy grin he can say anything and won’t be called to task for it by the media.

Credit to Liverpool, they have quickly disabused Pep of the notion that no one will ever approach 100 points again. He will be targeting 105 points now, and just watch how bitter and nasty they can be if he gets there.
Last edited by Michigan Blue on Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 13, 2019 11:58 am

I liked Klopp before coming here. I think he was/is an excellent manager, one of the best in today's game. However, when you are in a rotten place, you get rotten two.

It would had been impossible to keep his integrity in that pit of worms that in red Merseyside.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon May 13, 2019 12:00 pm

I fucking despise klopp despite them playing fairly decent football. I just find him to be a big fucking fake of a human being and I’ve always hated people who make me feel like that. Doesn’t matter what he says or does he’s a two faced cunt and it always comes out in the end.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon May 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I fucking despise klopp despite them playing fairly decent football. I just find him to be a big fucking fake of a human being and I’ve always hated people who make me feel like that. Doesn’t matter what he says or does he’s a two faced cunt and it always comes out in the end.

He's embarrassing. How people like him as a person I'll never know. When they drew against West fuckin Brom and he took the players to the fans to celebrate - I knew he was a sad bastard from then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm

anyone with teeth like that is a c*nt.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby london blue 2 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Compared to bacon and Jose he ain’t that bad. But texting other players is a cunty thing to do.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon May 13, 2019 1:28 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Compared to bacon and Jose he ain’t that bad. But texting other players is a cunty thing to do.

At least those pair actually won trophies.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I fucking despise klopp despite them playing fairly decent football. I just find him to be a big fucking fake of a human being and I’ve always hated people who make me feel like that. Doesn’t matter what he says or does he’s a two faced cunt and it always comes out in the end.

He's embarrassing. How people like him as a person I'll never know. When they drew against West fuckin Brom and he took the players to the fans to celebrate - I knew he was a sad bastard from then.

Yep, pretentious nonsense. Cringeworthy, like you said a German David Brent.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am

All managers are driven egomaniacs, the have to be to do the job. Although Klippety has been a twat at times, the OP is right, nowhere near as poisonous as Mo and SAF (and Brenden Rogers can be included). If they'd have been involved it would all be about them, the news would have one nasty quote after another. Perhaps memories are fading.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Tue May 14, 2019 8:43 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:All managers are driven egomaniacs, the have to be to do the job. Although Klippety has been a twat at times, the OP is right, nowhere near as poisonous as Mo and SAF (and Brenden Rogers can be included). If they'd have been involved it would all be about them, the news would have one nasty quote after another. Perhaps memories are fading.

At least they're open about it. Klopp is a snide cunt that does it behind the media's back - texting oppo players for example.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 am

Personally I think they are both stark staring bonkers. In different ways.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 am

Anyone who has the slightest doubt about the whole LFC philosophy and standards just click onto John Aldridge,s (Realaldo) twitter account and have a reality check whilst trying not to vomit .
These cunts are despicable disgusting pond life and are freely allowed to get away with whatever they want fully supported by large sections of the media .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 am

City64 wrote:Anyone who has the slightest doubt about the whole LFC philosophy and standards just click onto John Aldridge,s (Realaldo) twitter account and have a reality check whilst trying not to vomit .
These cunts are despicable disgusting pond life and are freely allowed to get away with whatever they want fully supported by large sections of the media .

Thankfully I'm banned from viewing his account.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am

City64 wrote:Anyone who has the slightest doubt about the whole LFC philosophy and standards just click onto John Aldridge,s (Realaldo) twitter account and have a reality check whilst trying not to vomit .

Oddly, I know a few Dippers who aren't big fans of his theatrics. I don't know how he's able to have any official association with them. I certainly hope none of our former players ever turn out like him, and if they do, that the club keeps well and truly away from them.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Oddly, I know a few Dippers who aren't big fans of his theatrics. I don't know how he's able to have any official association with them. I certainly hope none of our former players ever turn out like him, and if they do, that the club keeps well and truly away from them.

Rodney Marsh was a wind up on Twitter a few years back (unsure what he's like now) but never as deluded as Aldridge. You can tell Aldridge actually believes what he's saying.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Dimples wrote:Delete please if this does not warrant a thread.

A breath of fresh air, for me, was the conduct of Pep and Klopp.
In the past couple of months both have been under intense pressure but they conducted themselves in a very dignified manner.
It makes the victory sweeter.
Klopp had to be absolutely gutted by not winning the title but he he was very dignified in defeat.

Imaging if that title race was between say Mo and Ferguson! Just imagine the tripe that would have been spouted week after week.
(Before the MU game, OGS talking about the refs, IMO that came straight from his 'mentor' Ferguson and sidekick Phelan)

For me both of them are to be congratulated - well done.
What do people think?

You taking the piss? Too much snow, grass, water, wind. Texting players who we are going up against, touting opposition managers in pressers, very dignified, indeed.

Good to see Pep call out the Rag shit, reminds of Taggart incarnate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum