***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby mr_nool » Thu May 09, 2019 11:35 am

I think it's going to be our busiest summer in a long time. We need to replace the old guard, even if some of them might stick around for another season or two. But don't forget there's sword of Damocles in a potential transfer ban.

So if Gundo, Komps and Otter all leave, plus Silva, Fern and Aguero getting a bit long in the tooth, we really need to do a lot of deals. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we get it right.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby sheblue » Thu May 09, 2019 12:04 pm

I keep hearing about this potential transfer ban. Anybody warrant a guess when we might actually find out if there will or will not be one? Or is that at UEFAs leisure and we will hear the day before the window opens.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gmercer1 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:57 pm

sheblue wrote:I keep hearing about this potential transfer ban. Anybody warrant a guess when we might actually find out if there will or will not be one? Or is that at UEFAs leisure and we will hear the day before the window opens.

It’s been awfully quiet recently. Get ready for or to start gathering pace again before our final game on Sunday!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu May 09, 2019 3:45 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
sheblue wrote:I keep hearing about this potential transfer ban. Anybody warrant a guess when we might actually find out if there will or will not be one? Or is that at UEFAs leisure and we will hear the day before the window opens.

It’s been awfully quiet recently. Get ready for or to start gathering pace again before our final game on Sunday!

All the news has been around Chelsea taking UEFA to CAS over their ban. I wonder if they are waiting for that to play out first before giving us ours. Even if they do give us one, we will appeal and it will delay it one window.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri May 10, 2019 4:54 pm

First Sam Lee backtracked on Bruno Fernandes and now James Ducker is doing the same with Chilwell transfer.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri May 10, 2019 5:24 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:First Sam Lee backtracked on Bruno Fernandes and now James Ducker is doing the same with Chilwell transfer.

They are just making sure they can claim to be right whatever the outcome. I doubt they know much at this early stage.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri May 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:First Sam Lee backtracked on Bruno Fernandes and now James Ducker is doing the same with Chilwell transfer.

They are just making sure they can claim to be right whatever the outcome. I doubt they know much at this early stage.

Sam Lee does this every time. "well I only said they were interested"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:52 am

We need players to improve our cl form in the latter stages and I don't see any of the players we are linked with doing that. I just see us linked with more of the same players - players who can play nice football at times but when the pressure is on in Europe they wouldn't be expected to be team leaders.

Our current team leaders need replacing soon and Fernandinho, Silva, Kompany, Ottamendi and Walker always seem to have stinkers in the big cl games. They seem to want it to much and put in shite performances. They can't be expected to carry inexperienced players
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Looks like Hazard is off to Madrid for 86. mil pounds. Not that much if you look how much Dembele and Cuntinho cost.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Mon May 13, 2019 8:04 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:We need players to improve our cl form in the latter stages and I don't see any of the players we are linked with doing that. I just see us linked with more of the same players - players who can play nice football at times but when the pressure is on in Europe they wouldn't be expected to be team leaders.

Our current team leaders need replacing soon and Fernandinho, Silva, Kompany, Ottamendi and Walker always seem to have stinkers in the big cl games. They seem to want it to much and put in shite performances. They can't be expected to carry inexperienced players

re : Players to improve out CL form , are you referring to "Men in Black " ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:We need players to improve our cl form in the latter stages and I don't see any of the players we are linked with doing that. I just see us linked with more of the same players - players who can play nice football at times but when the pressure is on in Europe they wouldn't be expected to be team leaders.

I strongly disagree.
2018 we were done by the ref. Home and away. Not even subtle. For ex, Jimmy played Sane onside, etc...
2019 we were done by Var. All the angles were not shown to the Ref.....
2017 more dodgy decisions from the Ref.

If you still doubt that this competition is not rotten to the core look at Chelsea Vs. Barcelona in 2009.
Also, have a read re the new proposed 'format' for CL. It is plain as day.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 8:55 pm

The Champions league is highly dependent on luck, take Spurs for example, 12 defeats in all comps since the turn of the year and yet could be the second 'best team in Europe'.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

The Champions league is highly dependent on luck, take Spurs for example, 12 defeats in all comps since the turn of the year and yet will be the 'best team in Europe'.

Fixed it for you :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

The Champions league is highly dependent on luck, take Spurs for example, 12 defeats in all comps since the turn of the year and yet will be the 'best team in Europe'.

Fixed it for you :D

Cheers, I meant to write 'at least be'.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Dimples wrote:

I strongly disagree.
2018 we were done by the ref. Home and away. Not even subtle. For ex, Jimmy played Sane onside, etc...

If you still doubt that this competition is not rotten to the core look at Chelsea Vs. Barcelona in 2009.

Go back and watch the first 10 mins of the Liverpool game, we were shockingly bad. So many simple misplaced passes from Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Ottamendi with Fernandinho running around like a headless chicken. We just weren't at the races.

Blaming the ref is a complete cod. Take the spurs 2nd leg. We go 1 up and then completely fall apart at the back and concede 2 away goals. It was idiotic. We know we can play against the press and we know we can kill the momentum of games by keeping the ball but we didn't do any of that. We panicked when they pressed us, we lost the ball up the field with our centre backs sitting too deep leaving huge amount of space for spurs too run into.

Simply, we get stage fright in the cl and we don't do what we do day in day out in training and that's why we need players who will be able to perform at that level
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Mon May 13, 2019 11:01 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Dimples wrote:

I strongly disagree.

Go back and watch the first 10 mins of the Liverpool game, we were shockingly bad. So many simple misplaced passes from Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Ottamendi with Fernandinho running around like a headless chicken. We just weren't at the races.

Blaming the ref is a complete cod. Take the spurs 2nd leg. We go 1 up and then completely fall apart at the back and concede 2 away goals. It was idiotic. We know we can play against the press and we know we can kill the momentum of games by keeping the ball but we didn't do any of that. We panicked when they pressed us, we lost the ball up the field with our centre backs sitting too deep leaving huge amount of space for spurs too run into.

Simply, we get stage fright in the cl and we don't do what we do day in day out in training and that's why we need players who will be able to perform at that level

Now now enough of that. It's all the refs fault.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed May 15, 2019 4:17 am

With Barca as the favorites for Griezmann and them having splashed on De Jong already I'm getting cautiously optimistic that we might pip them to De Ligt. Nico appears to be leaving and Kompany needs replacing; that leaves Laporte & Stones plus Garcia.

I guess that Barca could sell the underwhelming Coutinho and fund the De Ligt deal....or they could use it to help cancel out of the outlay on Griezmann
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Clowncrete » Wed May 15, 2019 7:54 am

Saul Goodman wrote:With Barca as the favorites for Griezmann and them having splashed on De Jong already I'm getting cautiously optimistic that we might pip them to De Ligt. Nico appears to be leaving and Kompany needs replacing; that leaves Laporte & Stones plus Garcia.

I guess that Barca could sell the underwhelming Coutinho and fund the De Ligt deal....or they could use it to help cancel out of the outlay on Griezmann

You just know Psg will blow a crazy amount on Coutinho because he is Neymar's friend.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby salford city » Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 am

Clowncrete wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:With Barca as the favorites for Griezmann and them having splashed on De Jong already I'm getting cautiously optimistic that we might pip them to De Ligt. Nico appears to be leaving and Kompany needs replacing; that leaves Laporte & Stones plus Garcia.

You just know Psg will blow a crazy amount on Coutinho because he is Neymar's friend.

More fool them if they do. Coutinho has not impressed at Barca, maybe he has suffered having to play second fiddle to Messi, but it has not worked for him. I think he would have the same issue at PSG
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 15, 2019 9:38 am

salford city wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

More fool them if they do. Coutinho has not impressed at Barca, maybe he has suffered having to play second fiddle to Messi, but it has not worked for him. I think he would have the same issue at PSG

If Hazard goes to Madrid, Cuntinho might go to Chelsea.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum