Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed May 15, 2019 10:57 am

Rumour out there that Bayern are interested in signing him
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:I got slaughtered when mentioned we might be replacing him with Felix. That kid is some talent and younger. If this is the case then I'm happy. I dont think Sane is fully committed, looks like his head has been turned, not going to diss him, he's done well for us. If he goes, I'll wish him all the best, hopefully we have a replacement in place if this is the case. Some young talent, no old experienced codgers please

Sancho would have been a good option wouldn't he.

I would love to get him back, but I can see him clashing with pep.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Wed May 15, 2019 12:58 pm

i'd far rather he stay but I wanted Mario to stay as well.
At the end of the day he's been average at best for months. Yes he's a former YPOTY but funnily enough we've got a former POTY in our ranks as well.
Look at him compared to Bernardo and Raz and it's hardly surprising he doesn't get in the team.
Those 2 are always taking their man on- even if it's not going their way. So does Mahrez who was great on Sunday and I can see him having a great season next season.
If Leroy does stay then great, I reckon he'll probably knuckle down but just like Sancho if he doesn't sign an improved contract what are we meant to do.
I'll trust Pep.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 pm

stupot wrote:Look at him compared to Bernardo and Raz and it's hardly surprising he doesn't get in the team.
Those 2 are always taking their man on- even if it's not going their way. So does Mahrez who was great on Sunday and I can see him having a great season next season.

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Mahrez won us more points in games we won by 1 goal than any other player apparently so keep giggling.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2019 2:23 pm

stupot wrote:Mahrez won us more points in games we won by 1 goal than any other player apparently so keep giggling.

That brilliant. Hopefully he plays next season like he did against Brighton. There was clearly a change to his game against Brighton as it was noted by EVERYONE in the match day thread.

But he definitely isn't always taking on his man like Raza and Bern. That's just simply not true at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Mahrez won us more points in games we won by 1 goal than any other player apparently so keep giggling.

That brilliant. Hopefully he plays next season like he did against Brighton. There was clearly a change to his game against Brighton as it was noted by EVERYONE in the match day thread.

But he definitely isn't always taking on his man like Raza and Bern. That's just simply not true at all.

I wish he'd trust his right foot a bit more. There is nothing a defender hates more than a player that can do them up like a kipper on both sides.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I wish he'd trust his right foot a bit more. There is nothing a defender hates more than a player that can do them up like a kipper on both sides.

Hopefully he works on it over the summer. Even if he goes on to his right just once early on in a match (even if it doesn't come off), that'll give the defender doubt on what he'll do throughout the match.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Players come and go. Some we will wish had stayed, but we are not privy to the reasons why the player himself wants to move or indeed why the club are happy for him to do so. It could be off field reasons, a personality clash with another player(s) or the management, a better contract elsewhere, more playing time, who knows.

But, he isn’t better than Sterling or Bernado so isn’t going to be the first choice in those positions unless he ups his game, of which there hasn’t been enough evidence of this year. Like most folk, I hope he stays, but if he wants out then so be it. Get a decent fee for him, wish him well and get his replacement in.

This will happen every year with some player or other
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:Players come and go. Some we will wish had stayed, but we are not privy to the reasons why the player himself wants to move or indeed why the club are happy for him to do so. It could be off field reasons, a personality clash with another player(s) or the management, a better contract elsewhere, more playing time, who knows.

But, he isn’t better than Sterling or Bernado so isn’t going to be the first choice in those positions unless he ups his game, of which there hasn’t been enough evidence of this year. Like most folk, I hope he stays, but if he wants out then so be it. Get a decent fee for him, wish him well and get his replacement in.

I think you talk a lot of sense mate.
My only issue is that things change season on season. So last season Sanè was considered better than Sterling. This season it's Sterling.
Sanè is very young and for me it's an issue that we can't, and we struggle, to stop players heads being turned (if that's what it is). We've just done back to back league titles, we're potentially going to do the treble and we can't convince Sanè and Gundo that's enough?? That's an issue imo and where Pep needs to be more of a man manager. All "ifs" though based on the scenario his head has been turned.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 am

In his post match on pitch interview last Sunday I am nearly sure he said on live TV that he wanted to play more in this team next season. :?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:05 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Players come and go. Some we will wish had stayed, but we are not privy to the reasons why the player himself wants to move or indeed why the club are happy for him to do so. It could be off field reasons, a personality clash with another player(s) or the management, a better contract elsewhere, more playing time, who knows.

My only issue is that things change season on season. So last season Sanè was considered better than Sterling. This season it's Sterling.
Sanè is very young and for me it's an issue that we can't, and we struggle, to stop players heads being turned (if that's what it is).We've just done back to back league titles, we're potentially going to do the treble and we can't convince Sanè and Gundo that's enough?? That's an issue imo and where Pep needs to be more of a man manager. All "ifs" though based on the scenario his head has been turned.

We are very good at this. How many top class players have left our club by having their heads turned? Not many at all.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sanè is very young and for me it's an issue that we can't, and we struggle, to stop players heads being turned (if that's what it is).We've just done back to back league titles, we're potentially going to do the treble and we can't convince Sanè and Gundo that's enough?? That's an issue imo and where Pep needs to be more of a man manager. All "ifs" though based on the scenario his head has been turned.

We are very good at this. How many top class players have left our club by having their heads turned? Not many at all.

Impossible to say how many have been approached to have their heads turned though.

Also, Kolarov left.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 am

I stand corrected:lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 am

london blue 2 wrote:I stand corrected:lol:

To let our best left back and possibly best all time player leave was a disgrace imo
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu May 16, 2019 11:40 am

Mase wrote:

To let our best left back and possibly best all time player leave was a disgrace imo

Glyn Pardoe or Willie Donachie ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 16, 2019 11:48 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Stephen Jordan.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Neither fit to lace the boots of Kola
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 pm

sheblue wrote:In his post match on pitch interview last Sunday I am nearly sure he said on live TV that he wanted to play more in this team next season. :?

Damn. I guess he's off then
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby stupot » Thu May 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Don't think Kola's boots were laced when he marked Mahrez in 2016.
Must be why he spent the whole game on his arse.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum