New Regulations From UEFA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

New Regulations From UEFA

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:11 pm

We've just seen that if you kick the ball directly at the defending team and it hits an arm in the box then it's a penalty. That's the regulation, I want to see it enforced, especially with our possession.

Anything else that will be new?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: New Regulations From UEFA

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:26 am

VAR sucks dick
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john68 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 am

"In all instances of VAR being used. the match referee shall be the only person allowed to make the final decision, except where the referee is registered with UeFA as being blind. In such cases the power to make all VAR judgements shall fall to his/her guide dog...(1 woof for yes, 2 woofs for no)."
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dimples » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:We've just seen that if you kick the ball directly at the defending team and it hits an arm in the box then it's a penalty. That's the regulation, I want to see it enforced, especially with our possession.

No nothing else.
VAR will continue to be used indiscriminately to obtain the required preordained results through using selective replays.
This tool was road tested very effectively this year and will be further refined for this coming year.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby bigblue » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm

It's an idiot's interpretation of how football should be played. Are we now going to teach kids to just kick the ball at defender's hands when they get in the box?

This goes against what I've always thought as the spirit of how football should be played and is just so fucking stupid.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:05 pm

bigblue wrote:It's an idiot's interpretation of how football should be played. Are we now going to teach kids to just kick the ball at defender's hands when they get in the box?

This goes against what I've always thought as the spirit of how football should be played and is just so fucking stupid.

This too is my point. The rags would do this, get to the edge of the box and flick the ball up at the arm of a defender.

If i was reffing the game i would pull the cnut up for ungentlemanly conduct and a free kick to the oppo.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
bigblue wrote:It's an idiot's interpretation of how football should be played. Are we now going to teach kids to just kick the ball at defender's hands when they get in the box?

This too is my point. The rags would do this, get to the edge of the box and flick the ball up at the arm of a defender.

If i was reffing the game i would pull the cnut up for ungentlemanly conduct and a free kick to the oppo.

I remember reading somewhere , When Bucktooth
Biting cheating twat played for the victims he used to practice flicking the ball at defenders hands/ arms
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:We've just seen that if you kick the ball directly at the defending team and it hits an arm in the box then it's a penalty. That's the regulation, I want to see it enforced, especially with our possession.

It does not apply to the Champions of England :oops:
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:32 am

Posted on FB by a fellow blue
Quite a read, but I hope you like it, I do!

Once upon a time, there was a really prestigious football tournament called the European Cup, which was based on sporting excellence. It brought together outstanding teams from across the continent. To qualify teams first had to prove themselves by winning their own league, this truly was a competition for champions.

With the glory though also came the opportunity for great wealth & eventually the principal of sporting excellence was overtaken by greed. The self-appointed elite of the time "the European Royalty" decided they wanted a greater share of the spoils & they wanted it guaranteed regardless of their performance!

The grubby little cartel (later known as the G14) threatened to break away & form their own Super League, unless everyone else agreed to their demands! Feeling they had little choice, UEFA caved in & the"Champions" League was born.

At the heart of this self-serving little cartel were 3 English clubs (Man United, Liverpool & Arsenal) & coincidentally the format of the new competition granted 3 places to English teams. It also changed from a straight knockout format to an initial group stage. So now not only could they still qualify by only finishing 2nd or 3rd in the Premier League, they were also guaranteed at least 6 lucrative fixtures each season.

BOOM! The money started rolling in & the big 3 got fatter, as they disappeared over the horizon, leaving the rest of the league with little chance of ever challenging their increasing financial dominance!

Then out of the blue, a wealthy Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich, rolled into town to bankroll Chelsea & gatecrash the party! With the gravy train now under threat, the greedy little threesome convinced UEFA to increase the English allocation to 4 places! Phew disaster averted, onwards & upwards, no harm done...

That was until the "evil" Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City with his unlimited "dirty oil money!"!

Now with UEFA unable or unwilling to accommodate this latest unwelcome guest at the top table, a new strategy was required to preserve the dominance of the established elite. Without further a do, the "Financial Fair Play" was conceived!

This had little to do with "fair play", turning a blind eye to debt ridden clubs & owners that systematically drained money out of the game! It was solely designed to stop wealthy owners investing in clubs & making them competitive; thus ensuring the lazy established elite remained unchallenged.

Undeterred by the bogus nature of these new constraints targeted at them & any future investors, Manchester City embarked on transforming the club, with initial investment to break the cartel & putting top quality people in place, off the field as well as on it.

In addition to breaking all records on the pitch, the club has now achieved commercial sustainability & delivered 4 years of profit. The club is now independently valued at over £2B (reportedly outstripping all the Premier League old-guard). This has shown a huge return on Sheikh Mansour's £1.2B investment & dispelling the lie of "financial doping".

So what do the owners of the established "European Royalty" do now? Up their game? Risk their own money to meet the challenge? No! They utilise their stooges in the media to try & discredit City's achievements & demand UEFA do "something" to derail Citys' progress!

Manchester City FC -
Centurions
Fourmidables
Champions of England (again)
FA Cup holders
League Cup holders
The best ran football club in the world!

Thank you Sheikh Mansour, thank you Kaldoon & Thank you Pep Guardiola
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:47 am

it will be like, who can kick a ball at the defenders arm most, while we play football on the ground Liverpool utd spurs Chelsea will be in training how to hit the arm from 5 yds away
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:51 am

stevefromdonny wrote:it will be like, who can kick a ball at the defenders arm most, while we play football on the ground Liverpool utd spurs Chelsea will be in training how to hit the arm from 5 yds away

Like they did at the CL final.....slimy little turd burglars.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Just watching the last moments of Scotland's world cup game. And I repeat VAR sucks dick. It is going to crush the game.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just watching the last moments of Scotland's world cup game. And I repeat VAR sucks dick. It is going to crush the game.

i think we’ll benefit from it massively
i can see us getting 30 penalties next season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just watching the last moments of Scotland's world cup game. And I repeat VAR sucks dick. It is going to crush the game.

It’s absolutely ridiculous. So the keeper saves and they get another chance. Looking at the replay the keeper was off the line again, so should have a been another retake no? The silly rules will kill this game.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 am

I doubt there are many
penalties when the keeper hasn't moved at least a little. In this case it was fractional.
The game ended in farce. I didn't think it was a pen in the first place tbh. "Clear and obvious"? It was almost impossible to be certain after several minutes of replays.
It adds to the sense of injustice rather than eliminates it. I hate it more and .ire by the game.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I doubt there are many
penalties when the keeper hasn't moved at least a little. In this case it was fractional.
The game ended in farce. I didn't think it was a pen in the first place tbh. "Clear and obvious"? It was almost impossible to be certain after several minutes of replays.
It adds to the sense of injustice rather than eliminates it. I hate it more and .ire by the game.

the issue in that game was the on field ref. absolutely useless. it’s was 100% a pen which she missed - you’re the only person i’ve heard saying it wasn’t.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:50 am

london blue 2 wrote:

It’s absolutely ridiculous. So the keeper saves and they get another chance. Looking at the replay the keeper was off the line again, so should have a been another retake no? The silly rules will kill this game.

That's the problem for me, the rule, it's bollox.

Thankfully PGMOL have said they won't use VAR for judging keepers on penalties, they will leave it up to ref to decide, some sense for a change from PGMOL.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:12 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

Luckily those who run the PL have had a rare moment of clarity:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:07 pm

bigblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Luckily those who run the PL have had a rare moment of clarity:

Rare indeed
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Phew. Still not looking forward to var ruining many games next year.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum