Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby Outcast » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:05 am

Mase wrote:And also NEVER mention Kola! EVER!!

Unless it's to confirm he's the greatest ever left back we've had

He doesn't track back like Mendy :lol:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:00 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:Rule 1: dont mention Kolorav

Rule 2: dont mention Otter

Rule 3:dont mention Sane

Mention any of the above 5 times or less like the candy man movie and 'Mase' will appear. Seriously dude, let it go, Sane is amazing but like any other player, he deserves criticism when he isn't performing and praised when he delivers. I doubt anyone wants him to go but I'd back the manager's decision at end of the day.

Eh? We're having a discussion in a thread titles "Sanè".

If you look back to last season I was Sanè's biggest critic. But to potentially lose one of the best players in his position in the world because for one season he "had a bad attitude" is ridiculous. We're not fighting relegation anymore, we're bigger than that. We need and want the best players in the world. If we have them we want to keep them. He doesn't appear to be a bad apple in the dressing room, the players seem to like him. If he was a bad apple I could understand it.

And to try and play down his contribution this season is embarrassing. You've said he deserves criticism when he's not performing - yes every player does. But I've just shown he's scored 10 goals and has 10 assists from 21 starts in the Prem this season. He's scored the winner against our title rivals and got a pen at Anfield. He came on and changed the game against Schalke and the rags. Like someone's mentioned, it's only when these stories of contract talks slowing that people seem to have turned on him.

If he has this bad attitude then where was it last season? If it's just been this one season he's had a "bad attitude" could it be something else? Hasn't he just had a kid? One season with a "bad attitude" and we're not arsed if one of the best players in the world and "future Balon d'Or" goes...

Ask yourself this; do you think he can do better? I do, I just feel he's not pushing hard enough to be one of the best players in the world. I agree he's scored spectacular goals and important ones. I genuinely feel he's more talented than Ronaldo, but, does he have that desire to reach his level, I'm not saying he doesn't work hard, I want him to reach the nex level, that will take some 'sheer' desire to reach it followed by consistency year after year.

I don't think Sterling had that desire until this year. He hid a lot but this season he's been unreal and never gone hiding. I think it can be coached in to Sanè. That's why I'm desperate for him not to go.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:His best moment was the winner at home to Liverpool

So the difference in the title race then :lol:

Or viewed from the opposite angle, a winner which would have been unnecessary if we hadn't lost the 4 game? Just sayin'.

But we did lose those matches. We're talking about playing our title rivals in a 6 pointer. Just sayin'

Losing those games made them title rivals, otherwise we'd have been well clear. BUT:
I'm one of Leroy's biggest fans and would be gutted if he left. I also think he has the talent to be one of the, if not the, world's best. We need to keep him if at all possible
Pep has the man-management skills to take him to the next (few) levels. But only if Leroy wants that. If he does he'll still be here in the future. Here's hoping.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:49 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:Rule 1: dont mention Kolorav

Rule 2: dont mention Otter

Rule 3:dont mention Sane

Mention any of the above 5 times or less like the candy man movie and 'Mase' will appear. Seriously dude, let it go, Sane is amazing but like any other player, he deserves criticism when he isn't performing and praised when he delivers. I doubt anyone wants him to go but I'd back the manager's decision at end of the day.

Eh? We're having a discussion in a thread titles "Sanè".

If you look back to last season I was Sanè's biggest critic. But to potentially lose one of the best players in his position in the world because for one season he "had a bad attitude" is ridiculous. We're not fighting relegation anymore, we're bigger than that. We need and want the best players in the world. If we have them we want to keep them. He doesn't appear to be a bad apple in the dressing room, the players seem to like him. If he was a bad apple I could understand it.

And to try and play down his contribution this season is embarrassing. You've said he deserves criticism when he's not performing - yes every player does. But I've just shown he's scored 10 goals and has 10 assists from 21 starts in the Prem this season. He's scored the winner against our title rivals and got a pen at Anfield. He came on and changed the game against Schalke and the rags. Like someone's mentioned, it's only when these stories of contract talks slowing that people seem to have turned on him.

If he has this bad attitude then where was it last season? If it's just been this one season he's had a "bad attitude" could it be something else? Hasn't he just had a kid? One season with a "bad attitude" and we're not arsed if one of the best players in the world and "future Balon d'Or" goes...

Ask yourself this; do you think he can do better? I do, I just feel he's not pushing hard enough to be one of the best players in the world. I agree he's scored spectacular goals and important ones. I genuinely feel he's more talented than Ronaldo, but, does he have that desire to reach his level, I'm not saying he doesn't work hard, I want him to reach the nex level, that will take some 'sheer' desire to reach it followed by consistency year after year.

I don't think Sterling had that desire until this year. He hid a lot but this season he's been unreal and never gone hiding. I think it can be coached in to Sanè. That's why I'm desperate for him not to go.

This is a pretty sensible post. I want Sane to stay, but this is the thing. In a team aiming to win everything you don’t have to be a so called bad apple or have a shot attitude to be an issue. You just have to be giving 95% when everyone else is on max.

The situation with Sane is not dressing room cancer, it’s whether or not he wants to push on and fulfill the untapped potential the entire world knows he has or wants to be a big fish in a slightly smaller pond rather than be pushed the way we all know Pep pushes players. I know which one I want.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:22 am

It seems we are daring to ask too much :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Sane.html

My considered opinion is - Fuck right off Hoeness :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 am

john@staustell wrote:It seems we are daring to ask too much :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Sane.html

My considered opinion is - Fuck right off Hoeness :D

At this point I'd get Pep to privately speak with some of their players and leak it to the press we're interested. Cause a bit of unrest. Fuck them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:57 am

90M is "insane"?? gtfo you german f*ckwit. coutinho was >100M, and sane is twice the player.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:58 am

He really is a cunt of a man - one of my most hated people in football
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Wooders wrote:He really is a cunt of a man - one of my most hated people in football

Guarantee he supported Liverpool yesterday.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 pm

The price should be 150 mill.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:44 am

sheblue wrote:The price should be 150 mill.

That should be the minimum required to even get us to sit at the table.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 am

I'm loving how the German Rags are now seeing their arses when they have not been able to come in with a below par bid & land their target. Both Hoeness & KHR can go whistle out of their arses if they think they have more pull than us. Put the money that we want up or do one. We don't need to sell the boy & you need two wingers
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:59 am

How much did Boateng cost them? Peanuts. Scruffy twats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:04 am

Mase wrote:How much did Boateng cost them? Peanuts. Scruffy twats.

TBF, he was utter gash in the main with us - never settled did he? I was glad to see the back of him. It's a nice feeling to see one of the G14 clubs getting the finger from us
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:46 am

salford city wrote:I'm loving how the German Rags are now seeing their arses when they have not been able to come in with a below par bid & land their target. Both Hoeness & KHR can go whistle out of their arses if they think they have more pull than us. Put the money that we want up or do one. We don't need to sell the boy & you need two wingers

Indeed.

He is under contract to us. We want the boy to stay and have offered a new deal. We are the Treble winners and have won five of the last six domestic trophies. Seems to me we hold all the cards. Quote them an above the market price if they wish to buy him and give them a week to either shit or get off the pot
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:36 am

They still believe that their name is a big enough pull for players to want to go there and clubs fold in fear. Well news flash you German cunts, that's gone now and we don't give a fuck about any of your shit so bend over and tack it.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:47 pm

I think he will sign a new contract. Even though there are things he has to work on and improve, if he does improve by the time he is 25 or 26 he will be up there with the very best around.
It would be insanity to let him leave now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:56 pm

salford city wrote:TBF, he was utter gash in the main with us - never settled did he? I was glad to see the back of him. It's a nice feeling to see one of the G14 clubs getting the finger from us

TBF I wonder if he would have settled if we played him in the same position as Bayern and the national team?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:TBF, he was utter gash in the main with us - never settled did he? I was glad to see the back of him. It's a nice feeling to see one of the G14 clubs getting the finger from us

TBF I wonder if he would have settled if we played him in the same position as Bayern and the national team?

It was his first season in a new league and we barely played him from what I remember. Although I do remember Lee Hughes taking the piss out of him when we played Notts County in the cup
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:07 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:They still believe that their name is a big enough pull for players to want to go there and clubs fold in fear. Well news flash you German cunts, that's gone now and we don't give a fuck about any of your shit so bend over and tack it.

Quite right.
Still got the G14 mentality, think everyone wants to play for them, and they can bully other teams in selling them who they want.
Like the rags before them, reality is hitting them hard

In the words of corporal Jones, they don't like it up 'em.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum