The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:14 am

everyonehatesus wrote:https://www.facebook.com/100005909021765/posts/1091463591060598/
I'll leave this here

For non-Facebook dinosaurs, what does it say?

:D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:https://www.facebook.com/100005909021765/posts/1091463591060598/
I'll leave this here

Be careful ! don't bunch non-arsebook people as "Dinosaurs"!

Some of us have a real life .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:01 pm

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
I'll leave this here

its just a short video taking the piss out of the scum.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:04 pm

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
I'll leave this here

its just a short video taking the piss out of the scum.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:39 pm

nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:51 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 44626.html

When one figure who works at Barcelona in a senior capacity was told of the rumours United could beat the Spanish champions to De Ligt, they reacted in utter bemusement.

“With the state they’re in, it’s not far off picking the Chinese league, career-wise. It’d be sacrificing development and ambition for money in the same way.”
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Fpmsl
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby budfox » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Apparently a video has emerged online of Phil Jones and Marcus Rashford playing football with a hedgehog.

It's not as bad as you'd imagine though, after five minutes the hedgehog takes a 1-0 lead.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:57 am

nottsblue wrote:Check out @Ste_Bannister's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Ste_Bannister/statu ... 3836476416

Check out @ChwangJulian's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChwangJulian/status ... 5953655808

I'm also a non Twitter dinosaur :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:41 am

Being reported everywhere except on BBC that Pogba is prepared to go on strike to force his way out of the swamp :lol:

This is the single player that OGS wants to build a team round, hope you got a plan B and C OGS..... NOT :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:59 am

CTID Hants wrote:Being reported everywhere except on BBC that Pogba is prepared to go on strike to force his way out of the swamp :lol:

This is the single player that OGS wants to build a team round, hope you got a plan B and C OGS..... NOT :lol:

It was referenced in the Beeb's Gossip section today. No big deal made of it mind you. At the same time apparently 150 mill valued Salad is not interested in moving away from Scouse2. Which is good when they see his value drop as the dip to mid table form under VAR next season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 am

zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Being reported everywhere except on BBC that Pogba is prepared to go on strike to force his way out of the swamp :lol:

It was referenced in the Beeb's Gossip section today. No big deal made of it mind you. At the same time apparently 150 mill valued Salad is not interested in moving away from Scouse2. Which is good when they see his value drop as the dip to mid table form under VAR next season.

Please don't pin your hopes on VAR, just another tool to ensure they can control results. even if the ref fails them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:06 am

john68 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Please don't pin your hopes on VAR, just another tool to ensure they can control results. even if the ref fails them.

I'm yet to see VAR produce great fairness in the game. I tend to share John's cynicism.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:52 am

Selling Pogba would be the best move they will do this summer.
That fella is pure poison.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 am

PeterParker wrote:

Also probably their best player.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:25 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Actually I don't think he is actually that good. I've watched him a bit since he came back in the premier and I can't understand what is the fuss about him. He is all over the place in the middle, loves to keep the ball more than necessary, doesn't track back that much in his position and gives away stupid faults. Agree that from time to time he has a pretty decent day, but that saids it all. He is not constant.

Plus always moans.
I don't think he could get near our squad. He is no where near Gundogan, who, I consider to be our weakest midfielder. And that saids a lot of how Good our middle is if Gundo, a fella with his stats is miles better than Pogba.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:34 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Actually I don't think he is actually that good. I've watched him a bit since he came back in the premier and I can't understand what is the fuss about him. He is all over the place in the middle, loves to keep the ball more than necesary, doesn't track back that much in his position and gives away stupid faults. Agree that from time to time he has a pretty decent day, but that saids it all. He is not constant.

Plus always moans.
I don't think he could get near our squad. He is no where near Gundogan, who, I consider to be our weakest midfielder. And that saids a lot of how Good our middle is if Gundo, a fella with his stats is miles better than Pogba.

He was very good in the World Cup. But he has attitude problems and that makes him a big risk for anyone to take on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:39 am

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Actually I don't think he is actually that good. I've watched him a bit since he came back in the premier and I can't understand what is the fuss about him. He is all over the place in the middle, loves to keep the ball more than necesary, doesn't track back that much in his position and gives away stupid faults. Agree that from time to time he has a pretty decent day, but that saids it all. He is not constant.

Plus always moans.

He was very good in the World Cup. But he has attitude problems and that makes him a big risk for anyone to take on.

I liked him a lot at Juventus. But I've seen pieces of him back then and took an interest because we were after him. But since he came back, he doesn't look anywhere as capable of fitting in our squad.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:55 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Actually I don't think he is actually that good. I've watched him a bit since he came back in the premier and I can't understand what is the fuss about him. He is all over the place in the middle, loves to keep the ball more than necessary, doesn't track back that much in his position and gives away stupid faults. Agree that from time to time he has a pretty decent day, but that saids it all. He is not constant.

Plus always moans.

That's the whole point though. He's obviously a class act in the right set up, but he's not very good for the rags because of the way they're using him, so he sulks.
It's a vicious circle.

Long may it last.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Plus always moans.

That's the whole point though. He's obviously a class act in the right set up, but he's not very good for the rags because of the way they're using him, so he sulks.
It's a vicious circle.

Long may it last.

What do you think is his best position? Box To box? A more Fernie type?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum