Zinchenko Signs for 3 More Years

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Zinchenko Signs for 3 More Years

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:43 pm

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team ... -extension

Great news and a truly inspirational story. Was displaced from his home and club when signed due to the war with Russia, sent on loan to PSV where he only managed to play 12 games, and ended up becoming a key player in us winning 14 games in a row to win the title. Always smiling and can rap as well.

I'll be interested to see if he starts to transition to a role further up the field in a few years. He certainly has the passing range, touch, and intelligence to do so.

Congrats and as you'd expect, his father is filled with joy: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7zZSBhN3Q/
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Zinchenko Signs for 3 More Years

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Certainly got character. I still think he's a crap full back though, maybe midfield is the long term option?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:10 pm

john@staustell wrote:Certainly got character. I still think he's a crap full back though, maybe midfield is the long term option?

Can't be that crap given he was 1st choice for the important part of the season where we won 14 in a row in the league and the domestic treble!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Remember before he came back in to the team last season and I suggested that he was decent and got laughed at? Then he came in and smashed it...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby budfox » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Great news. Like him a lot.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm

bigblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Certainly got character. I still think he's a crap full back though, maybe midfield is the long term option?

Can't be that crap given he was 1st choice for the important part of the season where we won 14 in a row in the league and the domestic treble!

He did nothing wrong at left-back. Like you say, Pep chose him for the run in so he must have something.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Great news and great attitude.

Every top team needs players like him. I predict he will become a cult hero at the club.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:38 pm

He is clearly a great footballer, superb distribution. Not the the best at defending...... but hey ho we don’t have to do much of it !!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby bigblue » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:20 am

22 PL matches played, 22 matches won.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:44 am

He is no Kolarov.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:42 am

Very good news. Brilliant lad with brilliant attitude. He is obviously only going to get better.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:56 am

Sparklehorse wrote:He is clearly a great footballer, superb distribution. Not the the best at defending...... but hey ho we don’t have to do much of it !!!

Pep has a huge back catalogue of Full backs who were great players and average at defending.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:00 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:He is clearly a great footballer, superb distribution. Not the the best at defending...... but hey ho we don’t have to do much of it !!!

Pep has a huge back catalogue of Full backs who were great players and average at defending.

I don't see what he's done wrong defensive wise? I watched him closely again that Chelsea "wonder kid" in the final and he kept him out.

Anyone got any examples of when he's fucked up? Probably has I just can't remember so it's a genuine question.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I don't see what he's done wrong defensive wise? I watched him closely again that Chelsea "wonder kid" in the final and he kept him out.

Anyone got any examples of when he's fucked up? Probably has I just can't remember so it's a genuine question.

He did improve defensively last season, certain improvement on the season before. To me he looks a little light for the position, he probably still needs to gain an bit of strength and weight, in the right way. I am not suggesting he pigs out on big macs. But he has to meat up a bit.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 am

I think our left back has been our weakness for some time. Not so much with making mistakes (though Fabian has been guilty of a few) but more from lack of cover or poor positioning. We tend to concede a lot from a switched pass over to the lb area where there is little or no cover more often than is normal.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:50 am

london blue 2 wrote:I think our left back has been our weakness for some time. Not so much with making mistakes (though Fabian has been guilty of a few) but more from lack of cover or poor positioning. We tend to concede a lot from a switched pass over to the lb area where there is little or no cover more often than is normal.

But that's most often down to tactics. In our current set-up, the left back (be it Zinch or Delph) often tucks in and becomes another central midfielder when we're in the attacking half.

That said, he did lose his man a few times this season and misjudged some high diagonals that reach the winger he was supposed to cover. He'll learn though.

As for being a fullback ... I wouldn't expect him to do well in that role in a midtable team, but for us and our requirements, he's almost hand in glove (could be a bit faster).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 am

bigblue wrote:Congrats and as you'd expect, his father is filled with joy: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7zZSBhN3Q/

Crikey - it looks like an early '90s pop group has been reunited with their member who was 'accidentally' cryogenically frozen. They all went on to live unassuming-but-happy lives, until someone found him in a freezer, and forced them to get back together for a series of reunion concerts.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 am

london blue 2 wrote:I think our left back has been our weakness for some time.

Since we got rid of Aleks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:12 am

mr_nool wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:I think our left back has been our weakness for some time. Not so much with making mistakes (though Fabian has been guilty of a few) but more from lack of cover or poor positioning. We tend to concede a lot from a switched pass over to the lb area where there is little or no cover more often than is normal.

But that's most often down to tactics. In our current set-up, the left back (be it Zinch or Delph) often tucks in and becomes another central midfielder when we're in the attacking half.

That said, he did lose his man a few times this season and misjudged some high diagonals that reach the winger he was supposed to cover. He'll learn though.

As for being a fullback ... I wouldn't expect him to do well in that role in a midtable team, but for us and our requirements, he's almost hand in glove (could be a bit faster).

A good example of this here

Watch on youtube.com

A lot of teams target him with these type of balls but I think he improved on this as the season progressed, take Leicester in the penultimate game, they were trying this ball but Zinch had his angles right and I don't recall them getting in behind him at all.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:19 am

the perfect squad player
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love