***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

When you think about it, to batter what will end up a decent mid table prem team away, first game of season, it makes you wonder what this team could achieve. Maybe a domestic treble ? :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:When you think about it, to batter what will end up a decent mid table prem team away, first game of season, it makes you wonder what this team could achieve. Maybe a domestic treble ? :lol:

Let's just get to 40 points first.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:50 pm

VAR will kill the game.
Beautiful goal chalked off on fractions, terrible penalty retake that was just awful.
Fans in the ground on both sides were just laughing at it. When you make the game a joke it's not long before supporters turn their back on something that has become a joke. This might just kill the game.
It doesn't solve arguments but destroys the spectacle.
It needs ditching now!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:06 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:VAR will kill the game.
Beautiful goal chalked off on fractions, terrible penalty retake that was just awful.
Fans in the ground on both sides were just laughing at it. When you make the game a joke it's not long before supporters turn their back on something that has become a joke. This might just kill the game.
It needs ditching now!

The entire game was a show of all that is wrong with this stupid fucking technology. Did any of their horrible interventions make either set of supporters feel like they got justice?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

The entire game was a show of all that is wrong with this stupid fucking technology. Did any of their horrible interventions make either set of supporters feel like they got justice?

They have just eradicated celebrating a real time fuckign goal - absolute fucking Idiots.

Id rather go back to having inept refs.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

That's a very good way of putting it. Both sets of fans were just laughing at the farce it became.
But imagine that lot happening in the last five minutes of a game at Klanfield or against the filth.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:05 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

That's a very good way of putting it. Both sets of fans were just laughing at the farce it became.
But imagine that lot happening in the last five minutes of a game at Klanfield or against the filth.

Or in the last minute of an important champions League game. Oh wait we don't have to imagine.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:34 am

Is Peter Parkers teletext working ? Does he know the result yet in Romania ? :D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:33 am

Just watched the highlights again. Gab's goal was actually brilliant. Not easy at all to get in between two defenders and poach that in when it's been smashed across the box.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:40 am

Mase wrote:Just watched the highlights again. Gab's goal was actually brilliant. Not easy at all to get in between two defenders and poach that in when it's been smashed across the box.

It was an amazing goal. If salad had scored it, they'd still all be stroking over it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 am

Suppository full of praise. All 4 including the fat slug Custis and the woman Rudd
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:34 am

john@staustell wrote:Suppository full of praise. All 4 including the fat slug Custis and the woman Rudd

the thing is we weren’t even that good!
can’t wait to see us in full flight in the coming weeks
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:51 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

They have just eradicated celebrating a real time fuckign goal - absolute fucking Idiots.

I agree 100%

Either they are using VAR badly to coerce football fans into demanding they get rid of it or they are trying to widen the fan demographic by adding more 'drama' (you know the type - uninterested until a match goes to penalties).

Yesterday was a showcase of VAR at its worst.
King Kev shared this on FB - Andy Gray showing how frame selection bias can provide psuedo-objective evidence. https://youtu.be/pIsrzV2hatA
Interesting watch and I find myself agreeing with Gray.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am

Blue Jam wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

I agree 100%

Either they are using VAR badly to coerce football fans into demanding they get rid of it or they are trying to widen the fan demographic by adding more 'drama' (you know the type - uninterested until a match goes to penalties).

King Kev shared this on FB - Andy Gray showing how frame selection bias can provide psuedo-objective evidence. https://youtu.be/pIsrzV2hatA

I don't like Andy Gray, but he's absolutely spot on there! It's basically up to the VAR official on whether he decides if he's offside (frame three or four) or he's onside (frames 1 or 2).

What Gray was trying to say is they can still cheat.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:58 am

Great win. Sterling is a machine, Gab looks sharp, I can see Laporte and Stones developing solid partnership. Rodi is settling well, I can see him getting better every match we play and vital to protecting our defence, dare I say he should keep his spot and Ferno to cover him when he needs a rest as supposed to the other way around?, let's see how he gets on against the spuds. Kyle knows any fuck ups and the new signing is awaiting, dont see him slacking off. Aguero looks little lethargic, I suppose it will take him a while before he hits form. Shout out to Mahrez, if keeps it up, he'll justify his price tag, either way he's a team player. Finally, Great to see King Kev back, with him I have no doubt we'll retain the league. The question is who will make way for Berno against the spuds?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 am

Mase wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

I agree 100%

I don't like Andy Gray, but he's absolutely spot on there! It's basically up to the VAR official on whether he decides if he's offside (frame three or four) or he's onside (frames 1 or 2).

So we say, "I preferred the cheating that was instantaneous".

Devils advocate now... if we use trakcig technology to track the ball from multiple angles and decrease the shutter speed (or digital equivalent) - maybe, just maybe, we could get fair VAR. Not sure the powers that be want that though.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 am

Premier doesnt need wider audience, it's the biggest pull in the world. If they fuck it up with var it's done for
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:37 am

Mase wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
It needs ditching now!

I agree 100%

I watched that analysis of Grays and he is 100% spot on - the clever cunts can now cheat and “back up “ their decisions with a frame that suits their agenda .

This is the biggest cheating method ever implemented and Gray has just brought it out into the public .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:03 pm

^^^^^^^^

Since the Administrators of the game have gone to such lengths to introduce VAR, the VAR referee must now be publicly forced to explain why he/she chooses a particular Frame of the video to make the decision. It cannot be made behind closed doors .

I believe VAR should only be referred to if the Ref and Linesman are somehow uncertain of the events.

The goal Gabriel scored was an absolutely brilliant play from midfield forwards. Chalked off at the whim of some person hidden away at Lou Macari's Fish and Chip shop .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:07 pm

zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^^

Since the Administrators of the game have gone to such lengths to introduce VAR, the VAR referee must now be publicly forced to explain why he/she chooses a particular Frame of the video to make the decision. It cannot be made behind closed doors .

I believe VAR should only be referred to if the Ref and Linesman are somehow uncertain of the events.

The goal Gabriel scored was an absolutely brilliant play from midfield forwards. Chalked off at the whim of some person hidden away at Lou Macari's Fish and Chip shop .

Agreed. You should be able to hear what they're saying whilst reviewing it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum