FIFA decision on City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FIFA decision on City

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm

No transfer ban. City accept mistake, receive fine.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: FIFA decision on City

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm

This is only for the youth transfers.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Wow, we really scared the shit out of those corrupt bastards.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ruralblue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Good. Basically I read from that is City said "sorry we did it" and avoided a ban yet Chelsea and Madrid got a ban. Me thinks they realise they can't take the might of City on.

Where does this leave us with the other stuff?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Theres no other FIFA case, as I understand it. Since we clearly made mistakes it is a relief. Of course the UEFA and PL FFP cases remain.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

How it will upset those Rags and Dippers

Mind you I said a few weeks ago Infantino is a big fan - "we must let owners invest in their clubs"

Not sure about UEFA though. I think they basically have no clue what they are doing right now
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:58 pm

ruralblue wrote:Good. Basically I read from that is City said "sorry we did it" and avoided a ban yet Chelsea and Madrid got a ban. Me thinks they realise they can't take the might of City on.

From what I've seen on this. Chelsea had 29 charges against them, we had 9 and it sounds like we were only found guilty of 2.

From Stuart Brennan's article:

The Blues have been fined £315,000 for the transgressions, believed to relate to the transfer of African teenagers George Davies and Dominic Oduro from the Right to Dream Academy in Ghana to Danish side Nordsjaelland.

The pair told a Danish newspaper that they had signed for City and played in youth matches before turning 18, which is against Fifa rules.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 pm

City have just released a statement on the matter . Case relates back to 2016 and city state rules and regulations were unclear then and new ones have recently been implemented by FIFA which are much clearer or words to that effect . Also city admitting any mistakes thus pleading guilty unlike Chelsea and other clubs who pleaded not guilty and ended up getting transfer bans . Think the clubs legal team have played another blinder here .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Chelsea’s transgressions were far more endemic.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm

trueblue64 wrote:This is only for the youth transfers.

That's the only case we had to answer. They have nothing on us.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm

blues2win wrote:Chelsea’s transgressions were far more endemic.

BBC website - "Chelsea were banned from signing players for two transfer windows for a similar rule breach - but the club are appealing to have that overturned."

They're such shit stirring pricks!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Good. Basically I read from that is City said "sorry we did it" and avoided a ban yet Chelsea and Madrid got a ban. Me thinks they realise they can't take the might of City on.

From what I've seen on this. Chelsea had 29 charges against them, we had 9 and it sounds like we were only found guilty of 2.

From Stuart Brennan's article:

The Blues have been fined £315,000 for the transgressions, believed to relate to the transfer of African teenagers George Davies and Dominic Oduro from the Right to Dream Academy in Ghana to Danish side Nordsjaelland.

The pair told a Danish newspaper that they had signed for City and played in youth matches before turning 18, which is against Fifa rules.

I think there was a huge difference, mate. From what we've been told, yes, the number of players counted but there was also the issue of conforming to the regulations when FIFA elaborated on them in 2016. We agreed we'd got it wrong and changed our practice's immediately whereas the likes of Chelsea chose to ignore the confirmed regulations and carried on regardless.

Great to see, though, not just because there was a concern regarding a transfer ban but more of seeing the Rags, Dippers, Chavs, etc, hit the roof when the news broke.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:42 pm

It's wound a few cunts up on social media. Hahahaha I love it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm

At one point we were being investigated by all the FAs plus the PL, how many are left to be decided?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm

I did like the club statement, basically stating we admit our wrongs and congratulating FIFA on an open but confidential investigation.

I wonder who that statement was aimed at ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Mase wrote:It's wound a few cunts up on social media. Hahahaha I love it.

What I tell the haters is '' we have loadsamoney and we do whatever we want to do''
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:It's wound a few cunts up on social media. Hahahaha I love it.

What I tell the haters is '' we have loadsamoney and we do whatever we want to do''

There's a song in there somewhere ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:This is only for the youth transfers.

That's the only case we had to answer. They have nothing on us.

I hope you are right, but I wouldn't count on it.

UEFA under a lot of pressure to do something about the Football Leaks "revelations" especially after the NY Times/Tariq Panja's recent report on how PSG basically got away with no punishment for the summer of Neymar and Mbappe, because of what appears to be some form of corruption (disagreement between one body who felt they clearly violated FFP, vs. the former Belgian PM, Yves Leterme, who disagreed and ironically enough is the lead investigator/decision maker in our case now, and who many are led to believe dislikes us).

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/spor ... -uefa.html - The article on UEFA wanting to ban us

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/spor ... a-ffp.html - The more recent article on how UEFA's investigation and decision on PSG looks shady. (I recommend reading to get a sense of how this could impact us. We are also mentioned a few times, and I know it bothers us, but I do think it is relevant for the writer to bring us up as we are in a similar line of fire...I know some will disagree)

An investigation of P.S.G. was begun. A report was produced. When it arrived last June on the desk of José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, a former judge at Europe’s top court and the chairman of the UEFA panel that penalizes teams that break the organization’s financial rules, he discovered that the lead investigator had cleared P.S.G.

So after a member of his panel went through the report, Cunha Rodrigues sent the file back, demanding that the investigator, the former Belgian prime minister Yves Leterme, reassess the case. In doing so, he also raised questions about several of Leterme’s conclusions.

“The decision to close the case,” Cunha Rodrigues wrote, “was manifestly erroneous.”

The details of UEFA’s nearly yearlong investigation of P.S.G., and the fight over its conclusions, are included in documents obtained by The New York Times that in page after page eviscerate the decision by UEFA investigators to exonerate the Qatari-financed club, one of the biggest spenders in sports. But the documents also reveal how UEFA appeared to sink its own investigation, and how P.S.G. used a technicality to avoid the possibility of serious punishment and preserve its cherished place in soccer’s richest competition, the Champions League.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Still laughing at the thick cunts who are using this as some kind of conspiracy. How the worm turns ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 pm

We should appeal.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum