VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Anyone who watched the game tonight will have seen the emotion of scoring a fantastic equaliser ruined by the unnecessary intervention of VAR. I’m just surprised it wasn’t ruled out like the sterling goal. If it’s that close just leave it the fuck alone. Jokers.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Anyone who watched the game tonight will have seen the emotion of scoring a fantastic equaliser ruined by the unnecessary intervention of VAR. I’m just surprised it wasn’t ruled out like the sterling goal. If it’s that close just leave it the fuck alone. Jokers.

The Wolves fans had plenty to say about it, they were loud and clear.

That's the first time I've seen them showing how they mske the decision though, manually plotting lines. Fucking ridiculous in this day and age, Johnny age 5 with his crayons could do that job.
Luckily they didn't have a bloke breaking the line at full pelt, they'd have had chance to manipulate it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Anyone who watched the game tonight will have seen the emotion of scoring a fantastic equaliser ruined by the unnecessary intervention of VAR. I’m just surprised it wasn’t ruled out like the sterling goal. If it’s that close just leave it the fuck alone. Jokers.

That's the first time I've seen them showing how they mske the decision though, manually plotting lines. Fucking ridiculous in this day and age, Johnny age 5 with his crayons could do that job.
Luckily they didn't have a bloke breaking the line at full pelt, they'd have had chance to manipulate it.

I know this sounds like total paranoia but Neville and Co have the ability to move players around using the old cut and paste technique, what's to stop the people in the VAR studio doing the same by a few inches to show someone offside?
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Ridiculous isn’t it.

It’s like they are simply looking for ways to disallow goals. Watching that made me realise it’s not a blue tints thing, VAR is just fucking shit.

Probably easy to fix, but they’re too deep in to do that now.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Michigan Blue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:34 pm

london blue 2 wrote:It’s like they are simply looking for ways to disallow goals. Watching that made me realise it’s not a blue tints thing, VAR is just fucking shit.

This is just it. If every fucking goal must be subjected to a complete forensic examination in order to be given, it will disproportionately hurt teams like us (and we are the only team like us), who actually attack. Teams that make no attempt to score goals will not be impacted nearly as much.

The only way it will balance out is if they have the bottle to award more penalties, and we’ve already seen they will not do that.

If they cared about the game they would do like cricket and give each side a challenge or two. VAR only used if a call on the field is challenged.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Two's Kompany wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I know this sounds like total paranoia but Neville and Co have the ability to move players around using the old cut and paste technique, what's to stop the people in the VAR studio doing the same by a few inches to show someone offside?

I've thought about that myself but realised that they wouldn't have time to do it in the time they currently have.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Michigan Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:It’s like they are simply looking for ways to disallow goals. Watching that made me realise it’s not a blue tints thing, VAR is just fucking shit.

This is just it. If every fucking goal must be subjected to a complete forensic examination in order to be given, it will disproportionately hurt teams like us (and we are the only team like us), who actually attack. Teams that make no attempt to score goals will not be impacted nearly as much.

The only way it will balance out is if they have the bottle to award more penalties, and we’ve already seen they will not do that.

If they cared about the game they would do like cricket and give each side a challenge or two. VAR only used if a call on the field is challenged.

Would love us to challenge a decision and pull out our own VAR on the tablet and prove that their decision was wrong.

Wouldn't be hard to do.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:29 am

That is the problem - scrutinising every goal looking for a reason not to give it will lead to a lot of goals getting disallowed - we’re not talking tennis or cricket where points are scored every few minutes

The simple fix for me is for a ref to request VAR if he’s not sure about a decision
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby budfox » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am

The Spurs goal should have been allowed. Anyone reading the rule as it stands could not come to any other conclusion. We were cheated, pure and simple. Make no mistake, every goal we score will be scrutinised over and over and if it can be ruled out, it will be. This absolutely will not happen to the Rags or Dippers.

VAR is a failure and fans will start to give up on the game. "Yes, the ball is in the back of the net, in a couple of minutes we'll know if we scored and then we can cheer".

There's a place for technology, and the goal line version works brilliantly. It's accurate to millimetre precision and there can be no argument against its use. What we have with VAR is a system that is working against the very essence of the game, but it's here to stay.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Dimples » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 am

budfox wrote:The Spurs goal should have been allowed. Anyone reading the rule as it stands could not come to any other conclusion. We were cheated, pure and simple. Make no mistake, every goal we score will be scrutinised over and over and if it can be ruled out, it will be. This absolutely will not happen to the Rags or Dippers.

VAR is a failure and fans will start to give up on the game. "Yes, the ball is in the back of the net, in a couple of minutes we'll know if we scored and then we can cheer".

There's a place for technology, and the goal line version works brilliantly. It's accurate to millimetre precision and there can be no argument against its use. What we have with VAR is a system that is working against the very essence of the game, but it's here to stay.

...every goal we score in a tight game or against top six opposition...
They will only target the goals that matter, the influential ones that affect selling 'the product' and getting subscribers

VAR could work and in itself is a good thing because it eliminates bad calls.
But It is not being used to eliminate bad calls, it is being used to influence results.
What used to be controlled via the Refs is now being controlled via VAR.

IMO PL is now just another big business. Profit driven. VAR is a tool to drive profits.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 am

Dimples wrote:
budfox wrote:The Spurs goal should have been allowed. Anyone reading the rule as it stands could not come to any other conclusion. We were cheated, pure and simple. Make no mistake, every goal we score will be scrutinised over and over and if it can be ruled out, it will be. This absolutely will not happen to the Rags or Dippers.

They will only target the goals that matter, the influential ones that affect selling 'the product' and getting subscribers

But It is not being used to eliminate bad calls, it is being used to influence results.

IMO PL is now just another big business. Profit driven. VAR is a tool to drive profits.

Yep. I already think it will be near impossible to win the league.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Id start practicing shooting from the half way line to score...you know , just to be safe.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby budfox » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:

We won't win the league this year, won't be allowed to. Not a chance.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby budfox » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:

We won't win the league this year, won't be allowed to. Not a chance.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ruralblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 pm

So my thoughts on how to make it not destroy our beautiful game. Each manager had three calls for Var to be reviewed each game. The ref and linesman cam call for a VAR review but when doing so they must clearly tell the video reviewer exactly what they are looking for. Anything else picked up in a video review cannot be added to the refs judgement just what the ref is asking. Any review must be done in under two minutes and the screens must show the crowd the clips they are viewing.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ruralblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Oh and accountability when Var fucks up.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:04 pm

ruralblue wrote:So my thoughts on how to make it not destroy our beautiful game. Each manager had three calls for Var to be reviewed each game. The ref and linesman cam call for a VAR review but when doing so they must clearly tell the video reviewer exactly what they are looking for. Anything else picked up in a video review cannot be added to the refs judgement just what the ref is asking. Any review must be done in under two minutes and the screens must show the crowd the clips they are viewing.

And it must be undisputable/conclusive. If not the ref's call stands.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Some spuds fan on a website thought Kun's goal was offside on Saturday ! claiming he was ahead of the spuds defender . He was indeed . The daft tosser ( spuds fan) didn't even notice that Kev's cross to Kun was in fact , a pass back to Kun and therefore not offside.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Fuck refs off. Can't we have a robot?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:28 pm

Dimples wrote:

If we had been 4-0 up against spuds , the jesus goal would have been given.

Just found a link to the video of the Laporte handball.

The video shown on Beeb.

You can even stop it frame by frame and it certainly isn't clear if the ball hits Laporte or the spuds players arm . So the VAR ref must have had some other vid, that we haven't had a chance to see- another angle. Because the View we were shown on TV , the camera focus is way too removed from any handball.

https://www.bluewin.ch/de/sport/fussbal ... 88853.html
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum