Fire Drill at The Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fire Drill at The Etihad

Postby Bear60 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:12 pm

Not been to a home game for a while Couldn’t believe the amount of people leaving from 80 minutes onwards
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Fire Drill at The Etihad

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:20 pm

It's very annoying.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby linwood » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:28 pm

They all have somewhere really important they need to be.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby s1ty m » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 pm

Bloke near us left bang on 90 minutes. Makes zero difference or sense...he lives locally too. We travelled back to Coventry with a drop off in Didsbury and a coffee stop at Keele. We were back at 7.45. Leaving early simply makes no difference.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:55 pm

Isn't a new thread opened for this at least three times a season?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:58 pm

s1ty m wrote:Bloke near us left bang on 90 minutes. Makes zero difference or sense...he lives locally too. We travelled back to Coventry with a drop off in Didsbury and a coffee stop at Keele. We were back at 7.45. Leaving early simply makes no difference.

Absolute bollocks mate. If you park on a City carpark and live in Sheffield, like my brother, it's taking you 3 hours to get home easily.

It's not just City matches, I went to the Magic Weekend a few years back and was stuck on the main carpark for an hour and half. They either need to sort out the carparks or let people stay in the stadium after the match and keep the bars open like they did at Maine Road.

When I go to watch City now I train it, so it makes no difference to me. But not everyone gets the train or Met.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:12 pm

But why the hell this is happening?

My last game at home was with Arsenal, on a saturday, at 15:00, and people were still leaving early. I understand, traffic, but what the hell?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby s1ty m » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Mase wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Bloke near us left bang on 90 minutes. Makes zero difference or sense...he lives locally too. We travelled back to Coventry with a drop off in Didsbury and a coffee stop at Keele. We were back at 7.45. Leaving early simply makes no difference.

Absolute bollocks mate. If you park on a City carpark and live in Sheffield, like my brother, it's taking you 3 hours to get home easily.

It's not just City matches, I went to the Magic Weekend a few years back and was stuck on the main carpark for an hour and half. They either need to sort out the carparks or let people stay in the stadium after the match and keep the bars open like they did at Maine Road.

When I go to watch City now I train it, so it makes no difference to me. But not everyone gets the train or Met.

Main car park is therefore the issue. 5 quid car park half a mile from the ground is perfect for maybe 20 minutes in clag. I wouldn't use the club car parks as anything that close to the ground is awful.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Can understand why Blues leave early as it's a thing, just don't piss people off by walking/standing in front of them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bear60 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can understand why Blues leave early as it's a thing, just don't piss people off by walking/standing in front of them.

Got to admit
That is what was pissing
Me off Beefy .sorry for starting the thread Mase lol
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 am

s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:

Main car park is therefore the issue. 5 quid car park half a mile from the ground is perfect for maybe 20 minutes in clag. I wouldn't use the club car parks as anything that close to the ground is awful.

That's why the fiver ones get filled up quick. The club ones are absolutely awful and have been since we moved to the stadium. Can't understand why the club still haven't done anything. You've got three of the carparks that share an exit - it's ridiculous!!

When I have driven I've tried to wait in the ground afterwards as it was leathering it down, so the traffic would have died down a bit. The stewards were trying to turf me out literally as there were still players clapping the fans off. Got threatened with Show Sec but refused to move.

The club need to look at what they're doing to help the fans after the game imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:33 am

Bear60 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can understand why Blues leave early as it's a thing, just don't piss people off by walking/standing in front of them.

Got to admit
That is what was pissing

I just think our fans get an enormous amount of stick from pundits, media, other fans etc. We don't need to give our own fans stick mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bear60 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:33 am

Mase wrote:
Bear60 wrote:

Got to admit
That is what was pissing

I just think our fans get an enormous amount of stick from pundits, media, other fans etc. We don't need to give our own fans stick mate.

Each to their own mate , personally I stay till the end you could miss a goal by
Leaving early which is what we go for isn’t it ?
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:41 am

Bear60 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Bear60 wrote:

Got to admit
That is what was pissing

Each to their own mate , personally I stay till the end you could miss a goal ruled out by VAR by
Leaving early which is what we go for isn’t it ?

Corrected for you :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:50 am

I think that sometimes like yesterday at 75 mins in, the players start just passing it around and not really arsed about trying to score. when its a tight game and we are 1-1 2-1 then they do try to score but when its 4-0 they don't try as hard. so some people decide that we wont score again and go,
we go into mary ds after the game and have a couple of beers and wait for the bus to pick us up at 5-40 and we get home just as quick as leaving at 5 with the traffic
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:58 am

Mase wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:

That's why the fiver ones get filled up quick. The club ones are absolutely awful and have been since we moved to the stadium. Can't understand why the club still haven't done anything. You've got three of the carparks that share an exit - it's ridiculous!!

When I have driven I've tried to wait in the ground afterwards as it was leathering it down, so the traffic would have died down a bit. The stewards were trying to turf me out literally as there were still players clapping the fans off. Got threatened with Show Sec but refused to move.

The club need to look at what they're doing to help the fans after the game imo.

Agree the club car parks are a huge issue, I did use them for one season because I got it as a freeby from the club for agreeing to move seats. A total nightmare, and this was when we were still shite.

That said, I've never had any problem getting in a fiver car park, even when I turned up late for a derby match.

And I do agree with the stewards acting like total cnuts if you don't leave straight away.

But I really don't think the hoards who start leaving on 80 minutes are solely down to the club car parks, and I've got to admit it really pisses me off. Not angry of annoyed, just a bit sad because it gives the impression they don't really give a shit about the club.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Bear60 wrote:Not been to a home game for a while Couldn’t believe the amount of people leaving from 80 minutes onwards

Need to get to more games pal , been like this for years . Most stay till the end for the big games , we are fucking spoilt fucking rotten .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm

It happens absolutely everywhere. It's not just us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Mase wrote:It happens absolutely everywhere. It's not just us.

And at all levels. I was at Wycombe v Reading a few weeks ago and a guy left after 72 minutes, saw him leave and walking across the car park. It was the Carabao cup and 1-1 at the time, so serve him right that Reading won on pens.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Mase wrote:It happens absolutely everywhere. It's not just us.

Most other teams play shit football so is understandable if some cunts leave their games early................meanwhile we play out of this world football so the players do not deserve to witness cunt s streaming out of the stands 10 fuckign minutes early !!

I never left early when I went to league games and that was when we were fucking shit !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum