Aymeric Laporte

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aymeric Laporte

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Any word on his injury yet?

For me, he's the most irreplaceable player in the squad this season. Sure, we've got Stones & Nico but Laporte is better than both and is the primary source for build up play out of the back. He's instrumental to how we play.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Any word on his injury yet?

For me, he's the most irreplaceable player in the squad this season. Sure, we've got Stones & Nico but Laporte is better than both and is the primary source for build up play out of the back. He's instrumental to how we play.

Site fucking drama queen .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:22 pm

Oh please. Shove off.

If he's out for awhile it's a huge miss and i guarantee you that I'm not the only one who thinks so and is worried by it.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Oh please. Shove off.

If he's out for awhile it's a huge miss and i guarantee you that I'm not the only one who thinks so and is worried by it.

Our build up from the back starts with Ederson you prime fucking plum . World class first touch , superb passer and vision and can also kick the ball literally fucking miles . KDB is our most influential player imho and we won the title largely without him last season . Pep always has tactical options so like I said your a fucking drama queen .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:34 pm

Tend to agree. The margin last year was slim to say the least. In say 30 PL games, we wouldn’t necessarily be at a huge disadvantage with Stones/Otter as the CB partnership. Assuming of course they are both fit. However in the toughest fixtures you want your best players. Laporte is our best defender and as such I believe we would be at a disadvantage, certainly in away games at top 4 rivals if he wasn’t playing.

Of course, the same situation is true at other clubs. Take VVD out of the dippers and they are at a big disadvantage. But let’s hypothetically say Laporte is out for 3/4 months, just a couple of points swing with a draw or two instead of a win might be the difference between first and second. We have very decent cover at full back, midfield, out wide and up front so an injury there and we are ok. This could be very bad news
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby littlebig » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:12 pm

He’s a massive loss no doubt. We don’t have great cover for him. The sooner he’s back the better
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:11 pm

A poster on BM who seemed to have sources in the club during this summer's transfer window reckons he's out "for 4/5 months"?
Obviously not good news but not as bad as Sane. Hopefully he'll be back for the business end of the season.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:41 am

All for a stupid tackle. As good as Laporte is I hope he learns from this. Fuckin ridiculous tackle to make.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:27 am

I am really curious when I will log and read Mane out 7-8 months, Salah out 4 months.

Ffs, it seems it happens only to our squad and on spots where we do not need shit like this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 am

City64 wrote:

Our build up from the back starts with Ederson you prime fucking plum . World class first touch , superb passer and vision and can also kick the ball literally fucking miles . KDB is our most influential player imho and we won the title largely without him last season . Pep always has tactical options so like I said your a fucking drama queen .

You make it sound like we are stoke city, just lumping it forward. Although Ederson is excellent at what he does, Laporte's passing into the strikers feet is exceptional. He does it at pace and precision. We don't have another cb that can do it as effectively.

By laporte getting the ball into the final 3rd, it means that whoever receives it can lay it back to kdb out Silva who in turn receive it running towards the opponents goal. Otherwise, with stones or ottamendi passing out from the back, kdb and Silva will receive the ball with their back to goal, so it is fair to say that laporte missing will effect our attack.

Also laporte is excellent at spreading the play out to our right wing. This keeps the opponents fullback pinned back and wide, again making more room for kdb to operate in the hole
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
City64 wrote:

You make it sound like we are stoke city, just lumping it forward. Although Ederson is excellent at what he does, Laporte's passing into the strikers feet is exceptional. He does it at pace and precision. We don't have another cb that can do it as effectively.

By laporte getting the ball into the final 3rd, it means that whoever receives it can lay it back to kdb out Silva who in turn receive it running towards the opponents goal. Otherwise, with stones or ottamendi passing out from the back, kdb and Silva will receive the ball with their back to goal, so it is fair to say that laporte missing will effect our attack.

Also laporte is excellent at spreading the play out to our right wing. This keeps the opponents fullback pinned back and wide, again making more room for kdb to operate in the hole

We have Fern there now for as long as Laporte is out . Fern ten times a better footballer , passer , tackler etc . Hoping Laporte isn't out too long he has been exceptional also showing strong leadership qualities , he can be rash at times though just like how he got injured on Saturday . Fern also has strong leadership qualities and knows his way around a football pitch so lets not panic eh ? 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 am

City64 wrote:

Stones can do it as effectively, just not from that side, just like Laporte wouldn't do it as effectively on the right side of defence
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:

Stones can do it as effectively, just not from that side, just like Laporte wouldn't do it as effectively on the right side of defence

Good point ! This season could be the making of Stones .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:09 am

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:

He needs it to be as much as we do, every time he puts a consistent run of good form together he picks up a knock, this needs to be avoided somehow. We'll be in for a new centre back next summer so he needs to grab this chance to cement his spot.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 am

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Isn't he injured yet again?

Where's our mate Eric? Surely he can step up?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Hes supposed to be off the see peps doctor buddy in Barcelona. :cry:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Should have kept Kola.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby city72 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Should have kept Kolo
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 pm

city72 wrote:Should have kept Kolo

He's busy hiding behind the shower curtain.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Tend to agree. The margin last year was slim to say the least. In say 30 PL games, we wouldn’t necessarily be at a huge disadvantage with Stones/Otter as the CB partnership. Assuming of course they are both fit. However in the toughest fixtures you want your best players. Laporte is our best defender and as such I believe we would be at a disadvantage, certainly in away games at top 4 rivals if he wasn’t playing.

Of course, the same situation is true at other clubs. Take VVD out of the dippers and they are at a big disadvantage. But let’s hypothetically say Laporte is out for 3/4 months, just a couple of points swing with a draw or two instead of a win might be the difference between first and second. We have very decent cover at full back, midfield, out wide and up front so an injury there and we are ok. This could be very bad news

Good post, I agree with you.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum