Sergio, Sergio

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio, Sergio

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:I'm surprised that we've not already got someone in that can work with Sergio until he retires and learn from him. Unless we are going full out for a superstar.

Is that not what Jesus is?

A direct replacement for Aguero?

Yep.

I love Jesus, and in some ways he has more to offer all round than Sergio. But I think if we're replacing Aguero with Jesus we're in trouble. I do think Gab is decent though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:04 pm

shit at penalties.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:I'm surprised that we've not already got someone in that can work with Sergio until he retires and learn from him. Unless we are going full out for a superstar.

Is that not what Jesus is?

A direct replacement for Aguero?

Yep.

I love Jesus, and in some ways he has more to offer all round than Sergio. But I think if we're replacing Aguero with Jesus we're in trouble. I do think Gab is decent though.

We score at the same rate regardless of which of the two start. I'm not saying he's as good individually because he isn't but the team doesn't suffer when Jesus starts in both points per game and goals per game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We score at the same rate regardless of which of the two start. I'm not saying he's as good individually because he isn't but the team doesn't suffer when Jesus starts in both points per game and goals per game.

I agree with the above. Sergio's stats against the 'top 6' is ridiculously good. What's Gab's?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We score at the same rate regardless of which of the two start. I'm not saying he's as good individually because he isn't but the team doesn't suffer when Jesus starts in both points per game and goals per game.

I agree with the above. Sergio's stats against the 'top 6' is ridiculously good. What's Gab's?

Jaysus mate, I couldn't tell you. I'd imagine Aguero's is a lot better in general but something I do know is that Aguero only has 7 in 21 appearances against Liverpool. Jesus has 3 in 5.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Mase wrote:

Jaysus mate, I couldn't tell you. I'd imagine Aguero's is a lot better in general but something I do know is that Aguero only has 7 in 21 appearances against Liverpool. Jesus has 3 in 5.

I suppose I'm being slightly harsh on Jesus. He's still a baby really.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

I suppose I'm being slightly harsh on Jesus. He's still a baby really.

He is, worth considering too that Jesus will only be the same age Aguero was when he signed for us at the end of this season. And further to that Aguero only managed 20 league goals for the first time the year before he signed for us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby budfox » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:00 pm

I could watch this over and over. Utter class from one of the greatest the world has ever seen:

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1168 ... 98464?s=20
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:42 pm

I think the injury to Jesus stopped us seeing exactly how much better he’s getting early this season. He was looking bloody sharp. I’m really keen to see how he ends up this season.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:36 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I think the injury to Jesus stopped us seeing exactly how much better he’s getting early this season. He was looking bloody sharp. I’m really keen to see how he ends up this season.

The way Aguero is playing and scoring , we just cannot leave him off the starting 11...not even up to the 90th minute should we sub him (Unless hes off his game)

I'm still not convinced Jesus is the answer , probably harsh opinion , but this season will tell.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:54 pm

He's no Tony Cottee.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I think the injury to Jesus stopped us seeing exactly how much better he’s getting early this season. He was looking bloody sharp. I’m really keen to see how he ends up this season.

The way Aguero is playing and scoring , we just cannot leave him off the starting 11...not even up to the 90th minute should we sub him (Unless hes off his game)

I'm still not convinced Jesus is the answer , probably harsh opinion , but this season will tell.

I agree but before aguero got his first game Jesus was scoring so pep had a reason to rotate this season. I still can’t believe how little they play together.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree but before aguero got his first game Jesus was scoring so pep had a reason to rotate this season. I still can’t believe how little they play together.

I think Mendy is key to that, when he's been available Pep has played Aguero/Jesus together on occasion.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:44 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think Mendy is key to that, when he's been available Pep has played Aguero/Jesus together on occasion.

Pep's said as much in the past.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Paul68 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:36 am

Serg currently on 100%... six shots six goals...

Guys a machine...

Sergio Aguero has scored each of his six shots on target this season. Raheem Sterling has scored five from six!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:41 am

But, but we have a finishing problem.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm

dazby wrote:But, but we have a finishing problem.

It’s the shots off target that are the problem!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:53 pm

dazby wrote:But, but we have a finishing problem.

We 100% did against Spurs! 30 odd shots and 2 goals!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Sell him and get Firmino in :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:54 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:Serg currently on 100%... six shots six goals...

Guys a machine...

Sergio Aguero has scored each of his six shots on target this season. Raheem Sterling has scored five from six!

Sterling needs to pull his socks up then... (joking obviously)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum