Aymeric Laporte

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aymeric Laporte

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 pm

If you think Fernandinho is an upgrade on Laporte at CB youre having a laugh
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 am

We will know more today. The bottom line is the loss if him and Sane combined is a huge blow. Very possibly season changing. We really need to be very careful how we manage our priorities or the season now and not push it too far.
We must avoid letting fatigue build up and avoid fixture congestion next spring.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:53 am

sheblue wrote:We will know more today. The bottom line is the loss if him and Sane combined is a huge blow. Very possibly season changing. We really need to be very careful how we manage our priorities or the season now and not push it too far.
We must avoid letting fatigue build up and avoid fixture congestion next spring.

we need to bin off the carling cup and fa cup. ill be livid if i see fern or stones or KDB etc playing in the early rounds.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
sheblue wrote:We will know more today. The bottom line is the loss if him and Sane combined is a huge blow. Very possibly season changing. We really need to be very careful how we manage our priorities or the season now and not push it too far.

we need to bin off the carling cup and fa cup. ill be livid if i see fern or stones or KDB etc playing in the early rounds.

I agree about the early rounds of both but I don't think we should write off the Carabao cup. It's an easier one to win, but I do think we should basically ignore the FA cup.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

I agree about the early rounds of both but I don't think we should write off the Carabao cup. It's an easier one to win, but I do think we should basically ignore the FA cup.

We should bin the LC as we have won it a billion times over the last few years...the FA cup should NEVER be binned as its a prime cup to win.

We have enough resources to cope with that comp to have a very strong team in it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby s1ty m » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I think that it wasn't as serious as it looked, we'd know by now. How many knee injuries do we get? FFS.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

We should bin the LC as we have won it a billion times over the last few years...the FA cup should NEVER be binned as its a prime cup to win.

We have enough resources to cope with that comp to have a very strong team in it.

Wouldn't go as far to say either cup should be binned. Last season the FA cup semi final affected the CL quarter final team selection. And the rest is history.
Compete in the cups but avoid using key players, if we go out so be it, no shame.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby city72 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Bin the CL imo Mickey Mouse corrupt cup wankers
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm

No need to sack off any cup at this stage. We have Preston in the League Cup, a game we should progress from without too much struggle. The CL draw has been very kind and I don’t see any problems in qualifying from there. Let’s see who we draw if we get past Preston before worrying ourselves.

Even if it’s after Xmas for Laporte’s return, the FA cup will have barely started. We have a big squad and I’m sure we will utilise it. No question it’s a big blow to not have him available for selection but talk of sacking off potential trophies is daft IMO. Can’t see Pep having that attitude though myself
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Fixture congestion from the domestic cups isn’t really an issue until Christmas, so it would be stupid to deliberately throw them before then. Indeed, based on Pep’s comment that proper pre-season only started in August, these early Carabao games are an ideal opportunity to give those who are not regular starters so far some competitive time. Also, binning one competition does not guarantee success in another.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tim777 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:30 pm

city72 wrote:Bin the CL imo Mickey Mouse corrupt cup wankers

We should, and will, win the CL at least once, mainly because it's what the club and players seem to want...

...and to temporarily shut the septic holes of the wayward murderers who have come out of the woodwork in their droves, even resorting to creating salty usernames on social media like eurochamps6times or various renditions thereof, in desperate attempts to atone for their perpetual PL title heartbreaks.

So: PL, CL and FA Cup, in that order of importance for us.
I have faith that Fern will provide sufficient cover until Aymeric returns.

Then by June next year, hopefully Klipperty will have given up the ghost after failing yet again to nab that elusive PL title.
He and his protruding gums are already preparing to bow out if all goes south, for a *sabbatical, if reports are to be believed.

*So glaringly original
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:59 pm

We could play three at the back and still win everything going . Bin dipping murdering cunts due an injury or two and their squad is thin and like Tim777 says , Klopp could get a bad case of tooth ache with them massive fuckers !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:23 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManCity/stat ... 08/photo/1
Laporte's had an op in Barcelona, cartilage and meniscus.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Elano56 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:03 am

He will be back in six weeks
Elano56
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:59 am

12 weeks is the best guess I hear.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:53 pm

All depends on the damage. My lad had the same injury, playing football and clashed knees in a tackle. He had 70% of his meniscus removed and was in rehab with a frame on his leg for 3 months with no weight allowed on it. Then slow physio recovery, but he never got back to playing footy as his knee would hurt and swell up after every kick about if he tried to put the same level he used to put in.

He still can't do running like he used to 10ks and that was 4 years ago, so the modern medicine and technology isn't much different, however he didn't have Dr Cugat.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm

I think we need to look at the amount of injuries we get a season and why we're the only top team to get that many.
It can't be bad luck.

With this one it was pure stupidity with a shit tackle that hopefully he'll learn from.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Hes dead to me and so is Mendy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes dead to me and so is Mendy.

Who's Mendy?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes dead to me and so is Mendy.

Enough of that compassion now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum