Aymeric Laporte

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aymeric Laporte

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:59 am

sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes dead to me and so is Mendy.

Enough of that compassion now.

I’m getting pig sick of our main players being injured - it’s getting beyond a fucking joke .

Those bindipping beggars never get injured - we are cursed !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I’m getting pig sick of our main players being injured - it’s getting beyond a fucking joke .

How the fuck do we keep losing big players so early into a season as well? Is it dumb luck or something we are doing wrong?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby s1ty m » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 am

I've had 2 operations on my right meniscus. The first was a mess and it was done badly. The second, well, I was walking the same day. It all depends on the extent of the tear, obviously, but with the huge expertise doing his rehab, maybe this is nothing like as bad as an ACL. Plainly, it isn't.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby s1ty m » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

How the fuck do we keep losing big players so early into a season as well? Is it dumb luck or something we are doing wrong?

It's not our pitch is it? I know it looks superb but I've been on it at the end of season invasions and it is bloody firm under foot, like a hard carpet. It surprised me and it is semi-artificial like most surfaces at top stadiums. Just s thought.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:38 am

It’s stupid rash tackles that caused Laporte and Mendy’s knee injuries and in KDBs case he overstretched . Leroy Sane got taken out by a bin dipping scouse cunt at Wembley .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 am

The good news is we are not a one team. We will miss him with out a doubt in the big games, we should be good enough to pick up points against so called lesser teams until he's back. I'd rather those injuries occur now than close to the end of the season.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 am

Speed recovery, lesson to be learned, do not tackle like that ever ever again !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Paul68 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Me too mate...
What the fuck is going on with the dippers?
why does the media never mention their lack of injuries?
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:10 pm

one big reason the dippers never get injuries and we get loads is that they get coddled by the same f*cking refs who give us zero protection. all those snidey little kicks from our opposition week after week and year after year really add up. consider for example how different silva's ankles would be now if he had played for the rags or the dippers.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Me too mate...

Ask any deluded dipper and they will tell you they have just as many injuries as we do.........I kid you fuckign not.
I swore I would never get into another conversation with a Dipper after that beauty

Some more delusion.....https://talksport.com/football/597405/l ... io-aguero/
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Paul68 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Me too mate...

Ask any deluded dipper and they will tell you they have just as many injuries as we do.........I kid you fuckign not.
I swore I would never get into another conversation with a Dipper after that beauty

:o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you think that deluded cunts spaceship has just landed?
It just beggars belief mate...
I'm still shaking my head...
un-fucking-real

guys... click the link in carls note and listen....
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:52 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Me too mate...

:o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you think that deluded cunts spaceship has just landed?
It just beggars belief mate...
I'm still shaking my head...
un-fucking-real

guys... click the link in carls note and listen....

Only surprised he didn't bang on about six times. He sounded about 15.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Me too mate...

He has the typical nasal tone of the one topic bore. Imagine being stuck in a train next to him.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:18 am

if Stones is out or gets reinjured, back 5 w/ wingbacks of Zinchenko-Otamendi-Fernandinho-Walker-Cancelo anyone?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:55 am

Saul Goodman wrote:if Stones is out or gets reinjured, back 5 w/ wingbacks of Zinchenko-Otamendi-Fernandinho-Walker-Cancelo anyone?

Mendy is almost ready he could even make Norwich away next week . Believe it or not we are a much better team when he is playing if the cunt can stay fit !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby salford city » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:30 am

City64 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:if Stones is out or gets reinjured, back 5 w/ wingbacks of Zinchenko-Otamendi-Fernandinho-Walker-Cancelo anyone?

Mendy is almost ready he could even make Norwich away next week . Believe it or not we are a much better team when he is playing if the cunt can stay fit !

Agree with this although from recent history, it is a big IF. Let's hope the boy can get a decent run & stay injury-free
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Was on the training field today and looks good, not ready yet as in full training but working on fitness.

Video on MEN City FB page https://www.facebook.com/ManCityMEN/vid ... 066652867/
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Was on the training field today and looks good, not ready yet as in full training but working on fitness.

Video on MEN City FB page https://www.facebook.com/ManCityMEN/vid ... 066652867/

Could put him in half fit and he'd be better and more sober than Stones.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Two matches back and two clean sheets. Oh how our season would've been different if he'd remained fit.

How the Frenchman has been missed this season. This was only his sixth start of the campaign, having limped off with a serious knee injury against Brighton in August. There was an abortive comeback in the 1-0 away to Sheffield United last month but Laporte was forced to miss the subsequent defeats to Manchester United and Tottenham.

Even in what has been an underwhelming season so far, Manchester City's record with Laporte in the side hints at what might have been. It is five wins and a draw from those six games. The record would be 100 per cent had the ball not brushed his hand on the way to Gabriel Jesus in the 2-2 draw at home to Tottenham at the start of the season.

Without him, it's been a different story.

"We have missed him a lot," said Guardiola recently. "Imagine the best teams in the world losing their best central defender. His character and his winning mentality. He is fast, strong in the air. He has all the attributes. For me, when he is fit he is the best left central defender in the world."

City had been so fluent throughout much of the previous two seasons that it is something of a surprise that the loss of Laporte has been felt so keenly. Even the absence of the brilliant Kevin De Bruyne, man of the match once again against West Ham, did not damage them as much as this. But the evidence is there in the team's defensive record.

Laporte's six starts have brought four clean sheets, although, admittedly, he has only finished half of those games. More telling is the fact that the 20 Premier League matches City have played without him this season have yielded only five clean sheets. They have been weaker at defensive set pieces and too easy to counter-attack against when Laporte is not on the pitch.

In truth, on the occasion of Laporte's 50th Premier League appearance for City, West Ham were no more than a sporadic threat at the Etihad. Guardiola's side dominated. What is interesting, however, is that the star centre-back's influence is just as apparent when City are in possession of the football as when they are not.

In fact, given that they had 78 per cent of the possession against West Ham, this is perhaps where his impact is most obvious. Laporte, the man who completed more passes than any other defender in the Premier League last season, plays a huge part in constructing Manchester City's build-up. It is an aspect of the game that is an obsession for the manager.

"He gives us an alternative for the build-up, quicker and faster than the other ones who are right-footed," says Guardiola. "When you receive to go to the right, you have to go inside, because you want to go to the right foot. With the right foot, it is a bit more complicated."

There were plenty of examples against West Ham. The crisp pass fired into the feet of Sergio Aguero just after the quarter of an hour mark was one of four balls that found the striker. When Laporte was substituted midway through the second half, he had attempted 57 passes in the match and completed all but one of them - a success rate of 98.3 per cent.

City's total of 891 passes in the match was their highest of the season so far and Laporte's contribution to that should not be underestimated. Rodri was impressive but this was largely because he was allowed to impress - having 196 touches of the ball, by far the most that any player in any team has had in a Premier League game all season.

The man who passed it to him most, despite only playing three quarters of the match, was Laporte. He found Rodri 29 times. West Ham could and should have done more to stop it but Guardiola will have enjoyed the fact that - finally - his City side appear to have sorted out their build-up play.

Again, this should not come as a shock with Laporte back in the team, particularly up against a deep defence. He, even more than makeshift centre-back Fernandinho, is a player who relishes stepping out from the back and joining in the attacks. It helps to open up new passing lanes for the team - vital when the playmakers are being denied space.

Solving this conundrum was a feature of City's success last season.

Peter McKeever analysed this for OptaPro by looking at 'progressive carries' - a metric that was defined as carries that occur in the opposition half which are greater than five metres and move the ball at least five metres towards the opposition goal.

Laporte made far more of these per 90 minutes than any defender in the Premier League. Indeed, he made more of these progressive carries than any defender in any major league.

There were 345 final-third entries in total. Over 1000 forward passes, the most by any outfield player. No wonder Manchester City have not looked the same without him.

"Pep Guardiola must wonder if the story would have been different with him in the team every week if he could have stayed fit," Alan Smith told Sky Sports. "He make a huge difference at the heart of that defence with his composure and dominance. The league has gone but it is a timely return with Real Madrid coming up in the Champions League."

That fixture looms large on the horizon and is a reminder that it is not just Manchester City's build-up play against deep defences for which Laporte is needed. Guardiola has bigger plans. Following news of the two-year suspension from UEFA competition that the club still hopes to overturn, how they would love to end the season as Champions League winners.

Improvement will be needed, but Laporte makes City slicker and more solid. "We cannot expect Aymeric is going to solve all of the problems," said Guardiola recently. That has never been more obvious given the off-field concerns right now. But Aymeric Laporte might just solve enough of City's problems to allow them to end the season with a trophy or three.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Any news yet on his injury?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city