Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The clip of the 3 scouse fans when Vinny scored v the Foxes which was Murray, Dalglish daughter and another twat summed up the BBC position so well
It coueld have been planned better if we were filming it. Scouse meltdown BBC entitled twats!

I would like to see this - source please - anyway still looking for the BBC coverage of this - no doubt Banned Dan will get round to it in time
https://news.sky.com/story/standard-cha ... s-11787218
The Treasury is to slap Standard Chartered, the emerging markets lender, with a multimillion-pound fine for failing to prevent sanctions breaches, dealing a further blow to the FTSE-100 bank's reputation. A City source said this weekend that Standard Chartered, which is the main sponsor of last year's Premier League runners-up, Liverpool, was expected to appeal against the OFSI fine.[
cheers
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The clip of the 3 scouse fans when Vinny scored v the Foxes which was Murray, Dalglish daughter and another twat summed up the BBC position so well
It could have been planned better if we were filming it. Scouse meltdown BBC entitled twats!

I would like to see this - source please

Here you go mate. Great post above, by the way.

https://twitter.com/5livesport/status/1 ... 03?lang=en

For a supposedly impartial broadcaster, that is disgusting. Dalglish’s daughter looks like she’s just been told her dog has died and for one of them to actually say NOOO tells you all you need to know about the BBC
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Sky using MNF to get Neville and Carragher to try and tell everyone how to beat City. Pathetic.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:05 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Sky using MNF to get Neville and Carragher to try and tell everyone how to beat City. Pathetic.

Neville struggled beating anyone at Valencia :lol: the fuck does he know?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Mase wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Sky using MNF to get Neville and Carragher to try and tell everyone how to beat City. Pathetic.

They obviously don’t know what they’re talking about ;) but it’s not even disguised what they are trying to achieve..!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm

And then said 'if you are watching Eddie Howe'. Then went on to 30 minutes of how Rags need to play to beat Wolves, not a mention of the latter.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Mase wrote:

Yup, I hope all the other teams take advice from those two idiots.

It was especially telling how clueless they are when they were sat next to mourinho. He made better points in 10 seconds than they did in 5 minutes of emotional rambling.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Sky have just had on Dermot Gallagher, the supposed “referee expert”, on with two no mark dippers to discuss the two contentious VAR decisions in our game. The two dippers to give them credit both agreed the disallowed goal was very harsh and football is losing some magic and spontaneity from these decisions. Predictably, Gallagher was sticking to the script of that it is what the fans want after some of the handball decisions last year.

Then the fun started when they looked at the penalty non award. Again both dippers were incredulous it wasn’t given, either at the time or on a VAR afterwards. The presenter then asked Gallagher for his opinion and whether yes or no was it a penalty. He then said he didn’t think initially it was but the more he looks at the more he is changing his mind. Also he said the VAR shouldn’t over rule the on field referee unless it was clear and obvious to which the dippers were amazed as it was as clear a penalty as you will see. They also pointed out the referee wasn’t watching the tumble as his gaze was elsewhere so he didn’t give it because he didn’t see it so surely VAR has to step in. The presenter then asks whether City fans have the right to be disgruntled as one goal for a mere fraction of an infringement was ruled out whilst a stonewall penalty was not given. He answered that they weren’t comparable as one was factual and one was subjective whereupon the presenter just laughed at him as if to say “come on don’t be daft”.

If this is the typical standard of officiating both on field and in the VAR control room, both in their stubbornness and reticence to positively use technology then we are in for a terrible season of injustice and inconsistency
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:04 pm

The tell tale sign for me is when dipper and Rag pundits are saying VAR is currently ridiculous. It’s ruining the game for all.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm

london blue 2 wrote:The tell tale sign for me is when dipper and Rag pundits are saying VAR is currently ridiculous. It’s ruining the game for all.

It maybe that the cunts are worried that those type of situations are where they get most of their goals.

Good to see RatBoy crying tonight, pity Gobber gets to enjoy it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:The tell tale sign for me is when dipper and Rag pundits are saying VAR is currently ridiculous. It’s ruining the game for all.

It maybe that the cunts are worried that those type of situations are where they get most of their goals.

No, I genuinely think they’re seeing what a fuck up it currently is.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

No, I genuinely think they’re seeing what a fuck up it currently is.

Only joking, mate, totally agree. They are football fans foremost and not one of us want to see the game determined in that manner. Such emotion has to be allowed when it's been in existence for nearly 150 years.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:55 pm

I see the Beeb are back at it - looking at a story at present - "Manchester City & tactical fouls - what do the stats say?"

I won't bore you with the rest of the article, but here is the ending "They might just be two anomalies early in the season, or maybe City are making a bid to charge clear in the tactical foul championship."

I'm done with the fuckers now
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:00 pm

salford city wrote:I see the Beeb are back at it - looking at a story at present - "Manchester City & tactical fouls - what do the stats say?"

I won't bore you with the rest of the article, but here is the ending "They might just be two anomalies early in the season, or maybe City are making a bid to charge clear in the tactical foul championship."

I'm done with the fuckers now

The body of the article actually suggests Liverpool are the worst offenders last season going by the analysis they apply.

But the analysis is seriosly flawed anyway.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Tactical fouls ? Offensive fouls ?

What us offensive is the blatant manipulation of data, masquerading as information by the BBC . It is time the TV side and the website was closed down . Awful, selective , self-serving organisation.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sniffer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:48 am

There should be one called tactical dives and see how the dippers would look then.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:39 am

I see that they have now changed the headline on this to "Tactical Fouls - Are Man City Unfairly Maligned" As was already pointed out, Liverpool are shown to be ahead of us in the article (& you'd think that the scousers would be all over that :D :D :D :D ) but the title is aimed at us & does not mention them

I don't live too far from Ordsall Quays, may go & have a beer in the dockyard I'm sure I'll be able to bump into a few of these goons
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The Liverpool Echo says: LFC rivals City criticised for continued use of controversial tactic.

I couldn’t bring myself to click on it so I don’t know who the critic is or what the tactic is !

That'll be our "tactical fouling", which has been shown by the BBC the be less than the dippers, amongst others...but why let the truth get in the way of rank hypocrisy!!! Twats!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:03 am

Sky "today will see the two teams with 100% records face off"

We're two games in :lol: :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:08 pm

So when are the media gonna start talking about this serial diving little cunt the rags have signed?

Tom Daly must be worried about his Olympics spot
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum