The View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:01 pm

There is no match thread for this game, so all I have got are these few comments. To be fair, I don’t need much more to know what they are thinking. I haven’t seen Norwich this year, so I don’t know what to expect. The only thing that I do know is that Stephen Fry supports them, and I quite like Stephen Fry.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Kevin Friend. Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Sian Massey-Ellis. Fourth official: Peter Bankes. VAR: Anthony Taylor. Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick.

Team Selection

Krul
Aarons Amadou Godfrey Lewis
Vrancic Leitner
Buendia Drmic Maclean
Pukki.

And the rest…

We go to most if not all of England’s games and I have to say Sterling is simply sensational, he has absolutely everything, power, pace an ability to do something no one was expecting, he defends when his team don’t have the ball and he scores goals. It had us Norwich supporters discussing with some Newcastle and Sheffield United supporters how on earth will we stop him on Saturday. You could try moving 2 players on him but then his mates Aguero, DeBryne, Sane ect are not to bad either. Maybe he can get a slight knock tomorrow giving Pep the opportunity to rest him for a game…This is what the premier league is all about on Saturday a chance to see possibly the best player in the world at the moment, possibly the best team in the world and an opportunity to see how especially our youngsters deal with him and them. Of course I am hoping for a Norwich win, however I suspect in years to come this will be a player just like the likes of Best and Ronaldo that you will be telling your grandchildren I saw him play…As a footnote Man City players have been all over the world during the last few days so maybe a bit jaded.

I think we'll need all of our goalkeepers on the pitch! How many are allowed to stand in the goal at any one time?

If we keep them down to 4/5 goals then that’s a result.

I just hope that come half past seven tomorrow Ipswich's record is still intact.

Going to watch game with hands over my eyes looking through my fingers

I'm resigned to us getting a hammering now, I'm just pinning my hopes on fantasy football to provide a silver lining…Sterling and Pukki are in my side, so if the Flying Finn can grab a consolation goal that would be nice…I think it will be 6-1, Man City will ease off by taking 2 or 3 top players off early once the game has been won…If they really fancied making a statement it could be worse.

We will do well to keep it under four although I fear it will be worse.

The game as a contest will be over inside 10 minutes. They will score at least 8

I would rest the outfield players and have the ground staff plant some land mines…Krul in goal obviously.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Cheers CM. Like Fry myself as it goes

Like the comments re the Ipswich record and planting land mines.

Alty Taylor as VAR ref? Getting fuck all there then
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 am

As a keeper I really don't like Krul he is a bit of a cunt.
Hope he has back ache from picking the ball out of the net.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Cheers CM

The first poster refreshingly honest with himself

Something tells me we will make a statement of our intentions in this match which is a shame as I don't mind Norwich
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Return to The Maine Football forum