VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Does anyone remember when they said they will get tough with pushing in the penalty area and we were the first (And just about only club ) to concede a fuckign penalty (Sterling ) for off the ball slight push ? and then anywhere else it was ignored.

Its the same with VAR.... ..we are the first club to be fucked over with that as well (Newcastle's handball was ignored ).....tell me im being paranoid that the FA seriously dont want to see us win the league again!!!!

Yes, we do .

All the more reason to turn Scouse2 over twice in the league this year.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby walshawblue » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 am

Article on the BBC website The premier league trends states

9 spot kicks given by VAR 3 to the scum

30 incidents looked at but only 6 overturned including 2 goals ruled out for Gabriel Jesus

is this an indication of how bent it is ?
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby salford city » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:26 am

Am in Spain at the in-laws at present. Last night Racing played Cadiz. There were two contentious penalty decisions - both of which went to VAR. The first was for the ball striking a defender's hand which it did albeit accidentally. The second given in around the 96th minute, after having 7 mins added on for the first review, was also for the ball striking a defenders hand. This one was a little bit harsh IMHO as the defender had gone to ground with his hand up & the ball struck his hand

After lengthy delays & reviews, on both occasions the referee consulted the video monitor & gave both penalties

What I would say here is that this was consistent, both hand-balls, both not given initially by the referee but given by the on-field referee after he had seen the replays. At least in this case, you can see who having the final say which is where we should be in the Premier.

Game went on to over 100 minutes
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:35 pm

salford city wrote:Am in Spain at the in-laws at present. Last night Racing played Cadiz. There were two contentious penalty decisions - both of which went to VAR. The first was for the ball striking a defender's hand which it did albeit accidentally. The second given in around the 96th minute, after having 7 mins added on for the first review, was also for the ball striking a defenders hand. This one was a little bit harsh IMHO as the defender had gone to ground with his hand up & the ball struck his hand

After lengthy delays & reviews, on both occasions the referee consulted the video monitor & gave both penalties

What I would say here is that this was consistent, both hand-balls, both not given initially by the referee but given by the on-field referee after he had seen the replays. At least in this case, you can see who having the final say which is where we should be in the Premier.

I don't think people would mind the game going on a little longer if the correct decision is made. Two things with your post that spring out:

The use of the monitor which we aren't using so the ref cannot be over ruled.

They decide to give a penalty for handball yet we don't but penalise the attackers only.

You know something is up when only one league plays to its own rules.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
salford city wrote:Am in Spain at the in-laws at present. Last night Racing played Cadiz. There were two contentious penalty decisions - both of which went to VAR. The first was for the ball striking a defender's hand which it did albeit accidentally. The second given in around the 96th minute, after having 7 mins added on for the first review, was also for the ball striking a defenders hand. This one was a little bit harsh IMHO as the defender had gone to ground with his hand up & the ball struck his hand

I don't think people would mind the game going on a little longer if the correct decision is made. Two things with your post that spring out:

The use of the monitor which we aren't using so the ref cannot be over ruled.

I think that's the point here Beefy, we have chosen to go away from the monitors & in effect, we have some unknown face sat fuck knows where, deciding the outcome of games? Corrupt as you like whichever way you look at it

They decide to give a penalty for handball yet we don't but penalise the attackers only.

You know something is up when only one league plays to its own rules.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am

Luck Index 2019-20: Man City continue to be unlucky -- but so far VAR has little impact

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-pre ... tle-impact
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby dazby » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Why didn't Var give Norwich a pen for the handball by Stones? Made no sense.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Because the handball wasn't deliberate. If it had been the attacker that handled then scored it would supposedly be disallowed.
What I want to know is why was Norwich's 3rd goal not disallowed when Pukki was in the 18 yard box when Ederson took the goal kick. Again VAR is allowing goals to stand when they shouldn't be allowed depending on who the decisions favour.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Just think, most of us wanted to see VAR instigated as we thought that the wrongs we'd seen would bow be righted, the one concern was how it would be used by the powers that be. And how that concern has come back to bite us.

We thought those typical dives where a Rag or Dipper throws themselves into an oppo player and gets a touch of skin on the way down would be overturned by the VAR? We now know that it's never going to happen and we are just where we were without it, the referee making his decision, never to be overturned.

Yet, obvious penalty decisions such as Rhodri and Silva being discarded.

We then have the instance of stopping a player handballing the ball into the back of the net, like Boly last season, but then find the referees actually have a different rule to what their laws mandate. Not only that, once implemented go directly against their own mandate when they see fit.

And what about offsides and red card offenses, what's changed? If they want to find a reason to punish a team, they will, and vice versa.

So, in short, it's fucking shit due to the policy set by the PL, which is to ensure it benefits them and their commercial partners.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Seems VAR can't spot the Norwich player illegally in our box when the goal kick was taken before the 3rd goal. No mention on any of the media but not hard to see.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:43 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Image

Seems VAR can't spot the Norwich player illegally in our box when the goal kick was taken before the 3rd goal. No mention on any of the media but not hard to see.

I cant see the pic but I thought they'd changed the rule to allow players in the box or is that just the defensive players?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Only the defending players are allowed in the box before the goal kick is taken. Once the ball is touched then its open play as normal.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:53 pm

your picture posting skills aren’t up to scratch...

just rewatched the lowlights of the game on the os, couldn’t see any oppo player causing issues in the box for before their 3rd... otter gets robbed by a lad steaming in from near the halfway line and pukki was miles outside the box
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:01 pm

How do I post a picture?
When Ederson takes the goal kick Pukki is to the edge of the box but we'll inside it.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Only the defending players are allowed in the box before the goal kick is taken. Once the ball is touched then its open play as normal.

Cheers, everyday's a school day ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:How do I post a picture?
When Ederson takes the goal kick Pukki is to the edge of the box but we'll inside it.

suspect that that has more to do with ed wanting to get the ball back in play quickly rather than pukki trying to gain an advantage. he wasn’t exactly pressing stones hard to get the ball
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Stones and Otamendi should have done better but Pukki was in an illegal position which is what VAR is meant to be looking at.
Do me a favour and let me know if this image is showing as I can see the other ones but obviously other people can't for some reason.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Stones and Otamendi should have done better but Pukki was in an illegal position which is what VAR is meant to be looking at.
Do me a favour and let me know if this image is showing as I can see the other ones but obviously other people can't for some reason.

Can see that. Shame the VAR people were having another coffee
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Can see that. Shame the VAR people were having another coffee

All these changes in the reg's mean that nobody knows what the fuck is right or wrong. Nobody noticed that at the time and when you look at the course of play you could probably say that it didn't affect the goal but when you look at it properly the fact that Pukki was so high up the pitch led to other players pushing higher and him getting an advantage by his position at the start of the phase.

Otamendi and Stones should've done and known better though, it's not as if Norwich hadn't given them notice. That's what comes y playing them both so early.

The letter of the law though, VAR should've reversed the decision.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 am

He's not in an illegal position if Ederson doesn't give him the time to get out of the box.
This is a non-issue and a grasping at straws.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum