The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Was talking to one of the lads last night about how the Glazer's must've thought all their dreams had come true when the fans loved OGS coming to the club, immediately signing him up permanently even though he was failing at the time. I'd also mentioned it at the end of last season and wondered if they were gonna try and do it on the cheap.

And, fuck me, they have far exceeded my best estimate. I thought they'd try and look at the cheaper youth angle to deceive their hordes but to then have a fire sale of such degree, selling or loaning out so many players without replacement has made my fucking season. They have trimmed down so much that they could fail to function as a PL football team. I asked my lad which players were going to get them 20+ goals and he said they'd be lucky to get in double figures. I also asked where was their quality from the bench and he just shrugged and said 'That useless idiot', referring to Lingard.

The Rags are in deep trouble and what I'm trying to figure out is if the money saving exercise is due to being out of the CL and losing money through sponsorship deals, creating problems with FFP and/or servicing their debt, or is it down to the Glazers wanting to milk the club dry?

Does anybody feel sorry for their predicament or have they reaped what they've sown?

Sorry?

I’m only sorry those fucks haven’t yet gone the same way as Bolton and Bury. The Glazers must wake up each morning, check their bank balance and just piss themselves that they have got away with it for so long. In regards to the lack of CL for the foreseeable future, Gill will no doubt pull a few strings and before you know it the CL will have 64 clubs and guaranteed acceptance for previous winners
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Was talking to one of the lads last night about how the Glazer's must've thought all their dreams had come true when the fans loved OGS coming to the club, immediately signing him up permanently even though he was failing at the time. I'd also mentioned it at the end of last season and wondered if they were gonna try and do it on the cheap.

And, fuck me, they have far exceeded my best estimate. I thought they'd try and look at the cheaper youth angle to deceive their hordes but to then have a fire sale of such degree, selling or loaning out so many players without replacement has made my fucking season. They have trimmed down so much that they could fail to function as a PL football team. I asked my lad which players were going to get them 20+ goals and he said they'd be lucky to get in double figures. I also asked where was their quality from the bench and he just shrugged and said 'That useless idiot', referring to Lingard.

The Rags are in deep trouble and what I'm trying to figure out is if the money saving exercise is due to being out of the CL and losing money through sponsorship deals, creating problems with FFP and/or servicing their debt, or is it down to the Glazers wanting to milk the club dry?

Does anybody feel sorry for their predicament or have they reaped what they've sown?

Sorry?

I’m only sorry those fucks haven’t yet gone the same way as Bolton and Bury. The Glazers must wake up each morning, check their bank balance and just piss themselves that they have got away with it for so long. In regards to the lack of CL for the foreseeable future, Gill will no doubt pull a few strings and before you know it the CL will have 64 clubs and guaranteed acceptance for previous winners

I should have put it in context, I do know a few Rag supporters who are sound as a pound (not sure if they're like that to other Blues) and they're in real turmoil. I'm very straight with them on my thoughts and they seem to be leaving me with a real heavy heart.

It's hard but somebody has to do it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Sorry?

I should have put it in context, I do know a few Rag supporters who are sound as a pound (not sure if they're like that to other Blues) and they're in real turmoil. I'm very straight with them on my thoughts and they seem to be leaving me with a real heavy heart.

Know a few myself, indeed my old man is a rag! He is actually quite philosophical about the next few seasons. He knows their time at the top has ended and that we are top dogs now. He is quite happy to stick with the manager and get rid of the high earners like Pogba, Sanchez Degea and play a few lads from the academy and rebuild from there. I think it hurts the rags more that it is us who are now not only the best at the moment, but also possibly the best there's ever been. And we show no signs of slowing down any time soon.

To be fair as we, our time in the sun will slow down some time in the future as well. No dynasty lasts forever and ours wont either. But we as blues will enjoy it while it lasts for however long it may be and we'll be incredibly thankful and grateful for all the good times and success that we've shared
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:32 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm absolutely certain that Blues understand that things come around, not sure that United fans do. Anybody who accepts that OGS is the answer and not a 'Pacifier' for the fans must have relegated themselves to mediocrity, especially from where they have come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm

the rags have failed to win away from home in their last eight games in all competitions. 1 win in the last 10 games. 1 clean sheet in the last 19
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Sorry?

I'm afraid I've got to side with Notts here. Let them suffer.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby bigblue » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:01 am

Since Solskjaer was permanently appointed, the rags league record is now W3 D4 L5 with a goal difference of -4. One clean sheet, and they’ve scored more than once only three times

Oh and they have dropped more points In the last 13 days than City have in all of 2019 :lol: :lol:
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Some bad performance from Van Dyke so far vs Germany? Does anyone know if this will affect his Nobel Prize chances?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:Some bad performance from Van Dyke so far vs Germany? Does anyone know if this will affect his Nobel Prize chances?

Been watching the Welsh Rags v Azebaijan game in the hope that the dirty scum twat doesn't win and then gets hoofed out of management. Just got to hope the RatBoy brothers get hoofed from their jobs then!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:Some bad performance from Van Dyke so far vs Germany? Does anyone know if this will affect his Nobel Prize chances?

Aren't they winning? Don't mind the cunt getting trounced though.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Been watching the Welsh Rags v Azebaijan game in the hope that the dirty scum twat doesn't win and then gets hoofed out of management. Just got to hope the RatBoy brothers get hoofed from their jobs then!

Absolutely shite playing against a team that aren't within the top 100 in the FIFA rankings. And cheat, you can tell the manager was an ex-Rag!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Aren't they winning? Don't mind the cunt getting trounced though.

They won in the second half, but the player that was never dribbled had some problems. :D
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 am

bigblue wrote:Since Solskjaer was permanently appointed, the rags league record is now W3 D4 L5 with a goal difference of -4. One clean sheet, and they’ve scored more than once only three times

Oh and they have dropped more points In the last 13 days than City have in all of 2019 :lol: :lol:

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
bigblue wrote:Since Solskjaer was permanently appointed, the rags league record is now W3 D4 L5 with a goal difference of -4. One clean sheet, and they’ve scored more than once only three times

:D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 am

Wait for Carragher :lol:

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Isn't it great to be free to take the piss out of the Swamp rats with no chance of any comeback? They have been so poor for five years with no sign of it changing. Love it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby sheblue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:01 pm

How they thought / maybe still think that this lad with no real experience no pedigree no know-how would just come in and sort that mess out is beyond laughable.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 pm

sheblue wrote:How they thought / maybe still think that this lad with no real experience no pedigree no know-how would just come in and sort that mess out is beyond laughable.

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:12 pm

bigblue wrote:the rags have failed to win away from home in their last eight games in all competitions. 1 win in the last 10 games. 1 clean sheet in the last 19
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum