Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:58 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Crossie wrote:If Walker tweeted a picture of Tin Tin and Kevin De Bruyne would that be racist?

If Kev said it was, then maybe there’s an argument. Kev would think it was funny, so did Mendy.

Since when is Tintin a racial caricature? Better examples would be if someone likened a Jewish player with a caricature of a big-nosed Jew, or an East Asian player with a yellow face with slanted eyes, portruding front teeth and a small penis.

Or an Argentine covered in tattoos with blonde hair and a massive cock hanging.

Brb.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:you can rail against the "PC culture" all you want, but it won't change a thing. the fact of the matter is that in today's society bernardo's tweet is considered offensive, and he was stupid to post it. he made a mistake. he will be punished. the FA will make an example of him. it is what it is.

So as things get worse until eventually you will hardly be able to speak, you will stand by and do nothing. Fucking good job guys like you were not in the trenches, or when the trade unions were formed to try and stop slavery in the mills and factories.

This this and this .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:21 pm

When I’m made world president , there’s going to be some big changes !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:When I’m made world president , there’s going to be some big changes !!!

Will people be allowed to tell you to fuck off?
And will you introduce death penalty for drivers loitering in the fast lane?

If yes to both, you're streets ahead of what's now on offer and might even get my vote.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby trueblue64 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:41 pm

Now they are going after Pep, for defending him.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:43 pm

trueblue64 wrote:Now they are going after Pep, for defending him.

What about Sterling and Mendy?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:46 pm

For the record, I don't think he should be banned, even though I feel that the tweet was ill-advised.

I also think the City PR team has handled this extremely poorly. Pep should have been briefed on exactly what to say, and Bernardo should have immediately tweeted an "apology", and this would have been forgotten by now.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Elano56 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:When I’m made world president , there’s going to be some big changes !!!

Good job that will never happen.
Elano56
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:18 pm

The FA are so ignorant about racism and are trying to show they know all about it it’s embarrassing how little they know.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Will people be allowed to tell you to fuck off?

And will you introduce death penalty for drivers loitering in the fast lane?

If yes to both, you're streets ahead of what's now on offer and might even get my vote.

Point 1 will be mandatory and point 2 will be enforced with an iron fist .

On a more serious note , the FA need to go on another course as they clearly have little to no idea on what to say or what to do in these circumstances .

It’s a sad state of affairs
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:32 pm

When it comes to City we are victim of the strictest of rules that apply to us not others.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Wonder if the "Oil money" phrase will get stopped as that has racist undertones.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:56 pm

At the end of the day its different rules for us , Lets go back to our coach with a full squad of players and coaching staff being relentlessly attacked and smashed up live on world wide tv outside Anfield with Merseyside Police orchestrating the yob bin dipping masses ........................... NOTHING WAS DONE ! NO EVIDENCE ! IT DIDNT HAPPEN !

These are the defined rules in the corrupt world of football .

Post an innocent but slightly inapropriate tweet and ..............
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm

What annoys me (correct me if I missed it) is that Mendy doesn't come out and has a saying in this.

Look you fucking bastards, he is my friend, we have fucking jokes because we allow each other some stuff, just because we are really close. So fucking end this sarade and let's get back to fucking football.

It would be thaat simple.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:23 pm

We're offend for you culture.Are you alright, are you sure.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby budfox » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:What annoys me (correct me if I missed it) is that Mendy doesn't come out and has a saying in this.

Look you fucking bastards, he is my friend, we have fucking jokes because we allow each other some stuff, just because we are really close. So fucking end this sarade and let's get back to fucking football.

It wouldn't. Just because Mendy wasn't offended it doesn't mean that others weren't. More accurately it doesn't mean that others didn't claim to be offended. I honestly doubt that anyone gives a fuck, but sadly in this day and age there are people who will set out to look for offence and spread that offence to any cunt who will listen.

It's only people making a thing of it that makes it a thing. People who were genuinely offended should not have shared it or gone to the media with it. They should have contacted the club and let the club take appropriate action.

One final point though is that had Kev been black and Mendy and the cartoon character been white, this would never, ever, have been a story.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby city72 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:19 pm

mr_nool wrote:For the record, I don't think he should be banned, even though I feel that the tweet was ill-advised.

I also think the City PR team has handled this extremely poorly. Pep should have been briefed on exactly what to say, and Bernardo should have immediately tweeted an "apology", and this would have been forgotten by now.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I’m done
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:23 pm

budfox wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What annoys me (correct me if I missed it) is that Mendy doesn't come out and has a saying in this.

It wouldn't. Just because Mendy wasn't offended it doesn't mean that others weren't. More accurately it doesn't mean that others didn't claim to be offended. I honestly doubt that anyone gives a fuck, but sadly in this day and age there are people who will set out to look for offence and spread that offence to any cunt who will listen.

It's only people making a thing of it that makes it a thing. People who were genuinely offended should not have shared it or gone to the media with it. They should have contacted the club and let the club take appropriate action.

One final point though is that had Kev been black and Mendy and the cartoon character been white, this would never, ever, have been a story.

Yes, but that tweet was adressed to Mendy, that is the whole point.
I don’t think this is a statement against racism, but a witch hunt and Hennesey’s precedent should be enough.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:For the record, I don't think he should be banned, even though I feel that the tweet was ill-advised.

saw it minutes after he posted it and winced... crack all the jokes you like behind closed doors but leave twitter well alone for that kind of thing - stick to whatsapp for potentially ‘offensive’ stuff.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby harveytravis » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:It make me wonder what kind of country we have become. A silly tweet to a mate, that has resulted in charges that could tarnish the boys reputation for good. Meanwhile real bigots get away with vile abuse, sad country, sad world, I despair. It’s about time people that que up to be offended are told to fuck off !

Too true.

When I was growing up in the 1950s I was told that... sticks and stones would break my bones but names will never hurt me.

How did we get from that to this?

How do these social justice warriors find the time?

Don't they have a life???
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum