stat attack!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stat attack!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:14 pm

We have conceded 3 x more goals than last year after 8 games- Otto is a fucking liability and should be nowhere near the first team based on his recent performances.

If PEP continues playing players on name only rather than players who are on form , then we will not get anywhere near the scum this season .

My opinion - he will continue being the arrogant cunt that he is , and we will have a shit season .
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:36 am

Mase wrote:Adams hadn't scored a goal for like 72 games before Saturday or something like that.

1 goal in his prior 72 matches. 2 in 15 minutes on Sunday.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:36 am

According to Opta, City had not conceded a single Premier League goal from a fast break in their previous 59 games in the competition - by far the longest such run of any team. Adama Traore managed to find the net against them in this fashion twice inside a quarter of an hour.
Saul Goodman

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have conceded 3 x more goals than last year after 8 games- Otto is a fucking liability and should be nowhere near the first team based on his recent performances.

If PEP continues playing players on name only rather than players who are on form , then we will not get anywhere near the scum this season .

My opinion - he will continue being the arrogant cunt that he is , and we will have a shit season .

Who was the fit, in form player to replace Otter on Sunday?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have conceded 3 x more goals than last year after 8 games- Otto is a fucking liability and should be nowhere near the first team based on his recent performances.

Garcia perhaps.....a great prospect and couldn't possibly have played any worse despite his relative inexperience
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Garcia perhaps.....a great prospect and couldn't possibly have played any worse despite his relative inexperience

Was thinking after the game that Garcia could not have done any worse than Otter.
But we all know there is no chance of that risk been taken.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

We have a youth player from Stockport that could replace Otto right now IMO - we also have Garcia and Angelino that could quite easily play in the first team - they all played the extremely well the last time out then we have cancelo Rodri and Fernandinho to mix it up to ensure they protect the back.

I’m maybe grasping at straws but ffs ! Our defense has been abysmal compared to this time last season and ,based on the recent losses ,PEP needs to make changes .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

We have a youth player from Stockport that could replace Otto right now IMO - we also have Garcia and Angelino that could quite easily play in the first team - they all played the extremely well the last time out then we have cancelo Rodri and Fernandinho to mix it up to ensure they protect the back.

I’m maybe grasping at straws but ffs ! Our defense has been abysmal compared to this time last season and ,based on the recent losses ,PEP needs to make changes .

Only Garcia is a centre back. Imagine the outcry if he had left out an international centre half, played a youngster or someone out of position and we had the same result.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Only Garcia is a centre back. Imagine the outcry if he had left out an international centre half, played a youngster or someone out of position and we had the same result.

Pep literally said a couple of weeks ago he would play Garcia and Harwood-Bellis.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Mase wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Pep literally said a couple of weeks ago he would play Garcia and Harwood-Bellis.

Pep said Foden is the most talented player he has ever seen yet keeps him on the bench because Iniesta and all his Barca buddies only got to play when they turned 20 !!!

That’s his fucking reasoning .

In summary - I don’t believe half the shit he comes out with anymore .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

https://tbrfootball.com/stubborn-guardi ... vs-palace/

Otto has played shit for a few games now and has been a major fault for us losing 2 games and yet you would have him carry on playing instead of trying out other youngsters who have already proved they can play at this level instead ????

Fucking madness !!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

https://tbrfootball.com/stubborn-guardi ... vs-palace/

Otto has played shit for a few games now and has been a major fault for us losing 2 games and yet you would have him carry on playing instead of trying out other youngsters who have already proved they can play at this level instead ????

Fucking madness !!!

I didn’t actually say that, I said where are the in form centre backs that you said should replace him. Do you know Garcia is in form?
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Garcia was on form the last time he played .
Do you think we should have that calamity we have at the moment play the next game ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Garcia was on form the last time he played .
Do you think we should have that calamity we have at the moment play the next game ?

The last time he played was a couple of weeks ago vs Preston. My point is that neither of us know if he is now in form. You think he should play, fair enough.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:14 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Garcia was on form the last time he played .

The last time he played was a couple of weeks ago vs Preston. My point is that neither of us know if he is now in form. You think he should play, fair enough.

It’s not even arguable that Otto is on bad form , costing us games form so what would we have to lose putting Garcia in ? Adding to that , Garcia has played a extremely well every time he’s appeared for us - there was a stat out there that he had not made one bad pass when he has appeared for us .

That pass to their player from Otto the other day was cringeworthy.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

There would be no outcry in that scenario. Well not by real football people anyway.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:36 am

Otter and Garcia together. Fern back in his old position.

Otter wasn't the problem Sunday. The fact teams are allowed to counter us this season without any problems shows we miss Fern back in that holding role. He stopped that and they didn't get a sniff.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:59 am

I understand what youre saying but despite the rest of the team's performance Otamendi couldve stopped a goal by simply staying on his feet and not stupidly lunging in
Saul Goodman

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I understand what youre saying but despite the rest of the team's performance Otamendi couldve stopped a goal by simply staying on his feet and not stupidly lunging in

That'd be a first!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:29 pm

City have now scored 500 goals under Pep in all competitions in 199 games. 95 more than any other English team
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum