VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Why is it in place?

It blatantly isn’t to get the correct decisions
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:56 pm

I've nothing against VAR in principle, it works in other sports, and seems to work in other leagues. But, serious questions have to be asked about how it's applied in this country. For example, the VAR ref will say "Maybe you should have a look at that", or, the ref might ask VAR " Can you check on ...". Why it isn't the same in the Prem is, er, an interesting question.

It seems to me that one of the reasons we have VAR, and why we are stuck with one form or another, is the interminable discussions by TV pundits of any contentious incident, not every one, just a selection - sometimes they seem to invent one. Slow mo after slow mo, lines drawn on the pitch, virtual view of the ref and so on. It's TV knowalls that are ruining the game not VAR
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 pm

well we have been fucked again by ref / var should of stopped play as soon as it was a hand ball, but no play on and they score, does any one think that they was going to give us a pen and knock there goal off
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:25 pm

So "they" used VAR to deny us 3 points v Spurs and again today totally dry bum fucked us over .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Not bent?
When you have doubts look at the penner denied for Silva at B’mouth.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Ok this is astonishing news if true ..............

A story being circulated around social media that the VAR system was NOT IN USE FOR TODAYS GAME AT ANFIELD and a cover up has taken place . Both City and Liverpool were only told at half time that the VAR wasn't in use due to technical issues . There was also a scuffle between two City assistants and Sky Sports Geoff Shreeves , Also have PIGMOL and the PL broke the law in not stating that VAR was not in use before the game kicked off ? and all those wrong calls against City .............
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dipstick » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:00 pm

And the Earth is flat and the moon landings never happened and FFS don't get your kids vaccinated.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 pm

LAR = (Liverpool Assisted Refereeing)

Many said LAR would see corruption disappear from the game.

Everything would be black, and white,clear and transparent they said.

Sure.

The game is now more corrupt than it has ever been.It has actually provided a fail safe level of corruption that Bent Goalkeepers could never provide.

An Anorak in a Caravan gets to forensically analyze every Goal/Off side that he wants to analyze.The same Anorak also gets not to analyze every decision he has been told not to analyze..

Win win situation for the corrupt.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 pm

PeterParker wrote:Not bent?
When you have doubts look at the penner denied for Silva at B’mouth.

They admitted they go that wrong,after awarding a Penalty for exactly the same kind of "Foot Stamp" a week later.

They seem to get a lot of our VAR calls wrong. ;)

Will be interesting to see the Statistics on LAR awards/reversals at the end of this season for sure.

Sure Liverpool are in the lead followed by Spurs.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 pm

Does anybody still think it is a cheats charter?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Dipstick wrote:And the Earth is flat and the moon landings never happened and FFS don't get your kids vaccinated.

Absolutely correct sir !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:44 am

Fixed. Stop going on like it's not. Blues on Facebook boring me. Clear as day now.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:40 am

City64 wrote:Ok this is astonishing news if true ..............

A story being circulated around social media that the VAR system was NOT IN USE FOR TODAYS GAME AT ANFIELD and a cover up has taken place . Both City and Liverpool were only told at half time that the VAR wasn't in use due to technical issues . There was also a scuffle between two City assistants and Sky Sports Geoff Shreeves , Also have PIGMOL and the PL broke the law in not stating that VAR was not in use before the game kicked off ? and all those wrong calls against City .............

That would explain the non-VAR check on the possible offside. But who was Oliver talking to after he failed to give the penalty?

The more concerning piece is how RatBoy knew the outcome a full minute before the ref was informed?

Makes you think.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 am

Without a doubt, SKY are running VAR there can be no other explanation blatant & corrupt as you like.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:15 am

salford city wrote:Without a doubt, SKY are running VAR there can be no other explanation blatant & corrupt as you like.

Twice I've heard RatBoy tell us that VAR has made the decision prior to the ref actually signalling it at the game. It's not just a few seconds prior either, on both occasions it was close to a minute. This would suggest that Sky have a direct link to VAR and, if so, they could, as you say, be having an impact on the decisions.

Let's be honest, Sky basically own the PL who, in turn, own PGMOL. They have the ultimate say on how things pan out and when you look at how they promoted the Dippers last season, although they finished 4th the season before, then you could surmise that they are pulling strings in order to sell their brand to one of the biggest markets.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 am

You are spot on mate they are pushing the dippers and pandering to the masses. It's about time that we started to call the cnuts out though. I, like a lot of others, pay good money to watch us home and away and in europe but this season the fun has gone out of it without doubt
salford city

Postby Wooders » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 am

Even dipper fans at work are admitting a pen should have been given
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 am

salford city wrote:You are spot on mate they are pushing the dippers and pandering to the masses. It's about time that we started to call the cnuts out though. I, like a lot of others, pay good money to watch us home and away and in europe but this season the fun has gone out of it without doubt

And it's totally wrong. I work away from Manchester but will always get my SC back when I return for a period, but I wouldn't want to be a match going fan at the moment as I'd be fuming with some of these decisions. People don't pay good money to be shafted, and we seem to be shafted in the majority of games.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am

Yes, that's where I am with it at present. Got a Zagreb ticket yesterday though....!!
salford city

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:47 pm

salford city wrote:Yes, that's where I am with it at present. Got a Zagreb ticket yesterday though....!!

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't miss a game but probably a good time for me not to attend.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum