The View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:22 pm

There are currently eight comments on the match thread for the home fans for our game tomorrow, and they are all here. I don’t think we learn anything form this, but it’s all we have. My main concern is getting away without any injuries, especially given the game at weekend. Having said that three points would nice as well

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry, Eddie Smart
Fourth official: Martin Atkinson
VAR: Graham Scott
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

And the rest…

Well we have an early opportunity to get that lacklustre performance against Palace out of the system when we entertain the Citizens on Tuesday evening. Burnley have been noted for creating on average fewer goalscoring opportunities than other teams but having a good conversion rate. The Bruise brothers will need to rediscover their shooting boots tomorrow night. It could be a night for fine margins. City achieved a narrow 1-0 win at the Turf in April when Aguero’s second half strike crossed the line by a mere 29.5mm. No Aguero, Sane or Laporte for City tomorrow but they will still post a major threat when attacking. We simply cannot give De Bruyne Silva and Sterling the room we gave Zaha. If you don’t have a match ticket the game is being broadcast on Amazon Prime. It’s true coz I asked Alexa. Our referee for the evening is Jonathan Moss who was in charge for our 2-1 defeat at Leicester in October. So let’s hope our Jonny on the spot doesn’t let VAR cock things up again. COYC!

That 29.5mm margin was the difference between City winning the League or coming second to Liverpool --as SD always says ---fine margins!
I think there will be no fine margins in this game ..I'm afraid it will be a three or four goal margin for Citeh.. I would love the Clarets to prove me wrong though.

I’d be tempted to include Gibson don’t think our full backs will cope without help.

We are highly unlikely to get anything from this one so surely now is the time to play Drinkwater in midfield and see how he does.

I'd move Mee to left back and play Gibson alongside Tarkowski. Definitely give Drinkwater a full game too.

Westwood could be out with a slight groin strain ,so maybe give Drinkbeer a chance.

Gibson in, Drinkwater in, Mee at left-back, all this tinkering but it's like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, it won't make any difference, we're doomed.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Cheers CM. Poor selection of comments. Perhaps they are out shagging their sisters or something
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum