Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Martin Samuel think we might be planning for Peps end, sign up Potch now.

I think Pep has been tested outside of what is happening on the pitch more than he ever has in his career whilst he's been with City. The media, the FA, the Premier League - I think they're all doing this shit to push him out of City early. Ultimately I think it will work. I wouldn't want to stay in a job where the bosses were constantly against me.

Him being a staunch political minded Catalan will just make him more determined to win against the negative forces here in this country - it won’t affect his mind to leave City - he will only fuck off if he feels he can’t do anymore to win on the pitch ,in my opinion.

You have to remember - no club will ever give him what City’s hierarchy has given him , he’s just as lucky as we are that he works here .

There's a story doing the rounds that Sterling won't sign a new contract unless Pep guarantees he's staying.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Martin Samuel think we might be planning for Peps end, sign up Potch now.

I think Pep has been tested outside of what is happening on the pitch more than he ever has in his career whilst he's been with City. The media, the FA, the Premier League - I think they're all doing this shit to push him out of City early. Ultimately I think it will work. I wouldn't want to stay in a job where the bosses were constantly against me.

Him being a staunch political minded Catalan will just make him more determined to win against the negative forces here in this country - it won’t affect his mind to leave City - he will only fuck off if he feels he can’t do anymore to win on the pitch ,in my opinion.

You have to remember - no club will ever give him what City’s hierarchy has given him , he’s just as lucky as we are that he works here .

There's a story doing the rounds that Sterling won't sign a new contract unless Pep guarantees he's staying.

Real Madrid was said to me some time ago. Don't know why but that is the wrong club for him, I also think Pep will not extend hope I am wrong on both.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Sterling signed a new contract last season knowing when Pep's contract finished. It's bollocks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:38 pm

Mase wrote:Sterling signed a new contract last season knowing when Pep's contract finished. It's bollocks.

TBF, the article I read it in said it was rumour. It went along the lines of if Pep goes to another club, Raz will follow.
It wasn't the usual "Real preparing 500 zillion bid shite", but basically saying Sterling regards Pep as his mentor.
Last edited by patrickblue on Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:44 pm

Complete bollocks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:37 am

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Sterling signed a new contract last season knowing when Pep's contract finished. It's bollocks.

TBF, the article I read it in said it was rumour. It went along the lines of if Pep goes to another club, Raz will follow.
It wasn't the usual "Real preparing 500 zillion bid shite", but basically saying Sterling regards Pep as his mentor.

I do t understand why he's getting a new contract anyway?! He signed on last season. If anything he's not been as consistent this season so why we offering him another deal?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I do t understand why he's getting a new contract anyway?! He signed on last season. If anything he's not been as consistent this season so why we offering him another deal?

Because he's the poster boy now.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:28 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

C'mon Mase, Raheem is now a level above anything we have upfront,the club know that. Elite players get what they want/deserve. To replace him the cost wold be quite a few zeros.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

His value as a player is increasing, even if his football levels are not. He is getting more popular amongst society, partly for his vocal stance on racism. The club are trying to maximise returns should he decide to move on at a future point.

Sterling has said many times he dreams of playing in a sunnier climate. Even blue blood Merlin made passing comments against our less than perfect weather yesterday. It may well effect Pep and his family? Unfortunately some things we can't change.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:49 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

His value as a player is increasing, even if his football levels are not. He is getting more popular amongst society, partly for his vocal stance on racism. The club are trying to maximise returns should he decide to move on at a future point.

Sterling has said many times he dreams of playing in a sunnier climate. Even blue blood Merlin made passing comments against our less than perfect weather yesterday. It may well effect Pep and his family? Unfortunately some things we can't change.

Pep did it Saturday ref: RAIN.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

C'mon Mase, Raheem is now a level above anything we have upfront,the club know that. Elite players get what they want/deserve. To replace him the cost wold be quite a few zeros.

Yeah, and I thought that's why he got a new contract last season? What's he done since then for Manchester City to warrant and increase after just signing? I'm not saying he's shit or he isn't one of our best players. I'm questioning the timing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Pep has said he's unlikely to move Fern back to his position because he's "adapted so well to playing in the back four" :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:28 pm

He was MOTM on Saturday playing there.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:18 pm

stupot wrote:He was MOTM on Saturday playing there.

At the ground yeah. According to WhoScored he was our third best player on the day.

But say he was our best player on Saturday, are you happy with one good match in six in that position?

If Pep is happy with him playing there then we're good for defenders and don't need to buy another CB.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 pm

There was only 2 of our players who performed in that game IMO and that seems to be verified on the MOTM for the game on this forum. There's only Fern and Kev it could have been.

Seen Match of the Day when i got home and they raved about him as well. i agree with you that we miss him in midfield but he's still performing very well at the back.

it's definitely not 1 good game in 6, for a midfielder he's out performed the established centre backs since Laporte's injury.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:39 pm

To answer your last point though, i would far rather Pep bought a CB in Jan.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:17 pm

stupot wrote:There was only 2 of our players who performed in that game IMO and that seems to be verified on the MOTM for the game on this forum. There's only Fern and Kev it could have been.

Seen Match of the Day when i got home and they raved about him as well. i agree with you that we miss him in midfield but he's still performing very well at the back.

it's definitely not 1 good game in 6, for a midfielder he's out performed the established centre backs since Laporte's injury.

According to the stats it was Mahrez, Kev, Fern in that order.

I'm happy to re-look at any game you think he's played well though apart from Saturday.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Thought Mahrez was poor other than the goal but it's a game of opinions.
You tell me a game Fern hasn't played well in or a mega mistake he's made or a goal he's given away.
Now if we do the same with Otto, I could mention Bournemouth away- the chest down to their guy in the 6 yard box, Norwich away, the 3rd killer goal, Wolves home- the constant diving in.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:58 pm

stupot wrote:Thought Mahrez was poor other than the goal but it's a game of opinions.
You tell me a game Fern hasn't played well in or a mega mistake he's made or a goal he's given away.
Now if we do the same with Otto, I could mention Bournemouth away- the chest down to their guy in the 6 yard box, Norwich away, the 3rd killer goal, Wolves home- the constant diving in.

Just because you don't make a mistake doesn't mean you have played well. If you can't give me any games as examples that's okay.

I agree though. When he's played Otter has been poor on the whole. Not sure what that's got to do with Fern staying at CB and not returning to his position even when we have a full list of CBs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:12 pm

You're the one who said he'd played 1 good game in 6.
I don't agree, I think he's been consistently good. That said I'd rather Laporte was fit or we had another centre back. I think we should give Garcia minutes but I can't think of a bad game Fern has played. Enlighten me.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum