pep out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: pep out

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:15 pm

sheblue wrote:I dont want him sacked. But I cant understand why he, an intelligent man, is making such basic glaringly obvious errors and making them very often. You would have to wonder is there an alterior motive here? Is this deliberate? I dont know.
Does he not fancy it anymore, it's he burnt out again?
Maybe he is just having a bad spell and will bounce back next season, with the aid of badly needed fresh blood.
After 5 trophies in 2 seasons, he deserves the opportunity to turn it around. If he really wants to that is.
Were not going to win fuck all this season. Onward to freshing the squad and onward to next season. This one cant be over soon enough.

There's still 3 pots to play for in this one, granted on current form we'll be doing well to win anything but this season is far from over.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:18 pm

sheblue wrote:After 5 trophies in 2 seasons, he deserves the opportunity to turn it around. If he really wants to that is.

Exactly that. Looking like he wants to at least turn it around this season would be a start. Like you say, for an intelligent manager a lot of his decisions this season have been questionable.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Tim777 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tim777 wrote:You are missing the whole point of what is being discussed, ForeverUpPepsArse
(formerly known as ForeverUpJoesArse).

Despite the glaring issues since the start of the season, like the media love-in for the dippers, VAR, injuries, etc., there is an increasingly obvious sense of indifference on Pep's part. This is being highlighted and questioned.

Yes, you are being emotional and cannot see beyond the "pep out" rhetoric.
Nobody on here at this point just wants to see the back of him, we want him to fix what has gone wrong. And if he has no desire any longer to do so, then he needs to make the decision for the club's sake where he wants to be and not hold us, the fans, in a constant state of confusion and frustration.

You, and some others on here, need to realise that this is a Football Forum, not a Girl Scout Cookie Convention, and we will call out whatever is amiss, from the hierachy to the tea lady.

Manchester City is a club, and absolutely nobody is above being criticised.

Stop being loyal to any one individual and cultivate a mindset of being loyal to the club as a whole, as it always should be.

Calling them out is fine, calling for their head isn't.

It's you that's missing the point.

Re-read my third paragraph.
I cannot explain it further in microscopic detail to you.

You don't need to, what does 'Pep Out' mean Tim?

We already have a thread to discuss Pep without the need for this emotive, childish shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:24 pm

sheblue wrote:I dont want him sacked. But I cant understand why he, an intelligent man, is making such basic glaringly obvious errors and making them very often. You would have to wonder is there an alterior motive here? Is this deliberate? I dont know.
Maybe he is just having a bad spell and will bounce back next season, with the aid of badly needed fresh blood.
After 5 trophies in 2 seasons, he deserves the opportunity to turn it around. If he really wants to that is.
Were not going to win fuck all this season. Onward to freshing the squad and onward to next season. This one cant be over soon enough.

There's still 3 pots to play for in this one, granted on current form we'll be doing well to win anything but this season is far from over.

PeP is too arrogant and stubborn to change anything
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's just put Bernardo back in the middle in the last couple of weeks, changing something, he's given DeBruyne more freedom, changing something, he reverted to counter attacking last night, changing something.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tim777 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Tim777 wrote:
Tim777 wrote:You are missing the whole point of what is being discussed, ForeverUpPepsArse
(formerly known as ForeverUpJoesArse).

Despite the glaring issues since the start of the season, like the media love-in for the dippers, VAR, injuries, etc., there is an increasingly obvious sense of indifference on Pep's part. This is being highlighted and questioned.

Yes, you are being emotional and cannot see beyond the "pep out" rhetoric.
Nobody on here at this point just wants to see the back of him, we want him to fix what has gone wrong. And if he has no desire any longer to do so, then he needs to make the decision for the club's sake where he wants to be and not hold us, the fans, in a constant state of confusion and frustration.

You, and some others on here, need to realise that this is a Football Forum, not a Girl Scout Cookie Convention, and we will call out whatever is amiss, from the hierachy to the tea lady.

Manchester City is a club, and absolutely nobody is above being criticised.

Stop being loyal to any one individual and cultivate a mindset of being loyal to the club as a whole, as it always should be.

Calling them out is fine, calling for their head isn't.

It's you that's missing the point.

Re-read my third paragraph.
I cannot explain it further in microscopic detail to you.

You don't need to, what does 'Pep Out' mean Tim?

We already have a thread to discuss Pep without the need for this emotive, childish shit.

Emotive is what you have been, almost suicidal about a thread subject, which I have already explained is rhetoric.
Do you always take everything at face value?
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Suicidal? I find it hilarious Tim, again you're missing the point, on for your hat trick now mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tim777 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Suicidal? I find it hilarious Tim, again you're missing the point, on for your hat trick now mate.

This dude is not ok upstairs. I'm done :lol:
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Tim777 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Suicidal? I find it hilarious Tim, again you're missing the point, on for your hat trick now mate.

This dude is not ok upstairs. I'm done :lol:

Rhetorical

'clearly doesn’t want to be here so might as well do things sooner rather than waiting until it all completely falls apart'

certainly reads that way.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:38 pm

I know but fuck this season is a real drudge so far. It's a horrible season so far, tough to see it improving a lot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:47 pm

sheblue wrote:

I know but fuck this season is a real drudge so far. It's a horrible season so far, tough to see it improving a lot.

We've looked fucked before and turned things around, Arsenal defeat in the first title winning season, Liverpool defeat in the second title winning season, defeat to Newcastle last season. Laporte and Sane are due back around beginning of February? which will likely shake things up, title is gone, has been for some time now but there's still a lot to play for and grounds for optimism too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's just put Bernardo back in the middle in the last couple of weeks, changing something, he's given DeBruyne more freedom, changing something, he reverted to counter attacking last night, changing something.

Point 1 : He eventually moves Bernardo to the center when the fucking obvious became the unbelievably fucking obvious
Point 2: KDB has always had the freedom to do what he wants to do so I don't get why you think he has suddenly given him more freedom ?
Point 3: We had 3 shots on target out of 7 attempts in 94 mins (If that's called counter attacking football then its ineffective and needs changing)

Fernandhino at the back is his biggest failure this season - wont change
Garcia is more than capable at the back and should have been used months ago (Never makes a mistake...PePs words) wont change and will rarely be used.
Foden - wont play him (Best talent he has ever coached ...PePs words) no matter how well he played in his previous game - prefers Gundo instead ..wont change.

I could go on....................
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 am

Glad our fans at the game today agree with this thread title ;)

Oh, always good with the hyperbolic posters, but you don't need me to name you. I think you and the rest of us know who you are ;)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 am

In for me.

Only the fruit bats would want a manager who had done so much be sacked?

For those above, who takes over?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 am

If Pep wants out, btw, then of course he should go.

I don't think there is one smidgen of legit evidence he's sabotaging the club or doesn't care.

We're going through more transition in the squad, whilst Liverpool have upped their game and resentment + desire to beat us is higher than ever where Pep has perhaps come to realise that City will NEVER be loved in England during his tenure, no matter how good he or the team is on the pitch. I believe he also sees Klopp being basically Sir Klopp to most, even as a good number hate Liverpool they don't get the same treatment because they don't have a Sheik owner "sportswashing" nor is Klopp called a "chequebook manager".

How he chooses to handle that is up to him, but I think he also relishes such challenges to shut up the critics, also as motivation for the team. He's shown enough of that to me and wants the club to succeed. He is not just a hired gun, he's tried to really integrate into the city and club as far as I understand, and his friends are in high positions so why would he hurt their own success?

That sounds a bit mad to hurt your friends, Txiki and Soriano, who you came here to work with and who give him the power he never had elsewhere.

Liverpool/Klopp and our defence (again) is the next challenge. I think he's up for it for at least 1 more season because Pep is a feisty, stubborn MFin competitor. We are so good due to this now. So he concedes to Klopp and goes to Juve or wherver? He left Barca and Bayern not because of losing, but because the club management was not with him.

Is he questioning things at times? I don't doubt it. Maybe he is concerned with how he can't get love in the UK and thinks no matter what, but I also think that for his own legacy to come back after this season to beat Klopp's Liverpool, win the CL, etc. will be a crowning achievement to his own and would taste that damn good for City fans too, you must be aware.

Let's see how it plays out. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's off just yet so I will enjoy every moment of his management, the football we get and this side we've put together.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:29 am

PrezIke wrote:Glad our fans at the game today agree with this thread title ;)

Oh, always good with the hyperbolic posters, but you don't need me to name you. I think you and the rest of us know who you are ;)

Are you saying that the fans at the ground want Pep out?

For those who were there, is this correct?

I’d be absolutely astonished if we we wanted a multi-trophy/record winning manager out after being fucked over by so many things?

Definitely not for me, that thinking that is Swales’esque.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I’d be absolutely astonished if we we wanted a multi-trophy/record winning manager out after being fucked over by so many things?

I said that in jest mate!

I heard loud singing of "Guaarrdiooollaa!! We've got Guardiolllaaa!!" today whilst watching on TV.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:34 am

PrezIke wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I said that in jest mate!

I heard loud singing of "Guaarrdiooollaa!! We've got Guardiolllaaa!!" today whilst watching on TV.

Cheers, pal, thought I wasn’t seeing it right.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:36 am

One might say I may have man love for Pep like Mase does for Kola.

What does Pep need to do to get you, Mase?

Not into baldies, eh?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:40 am

PrezIke wrote:One might say I may have man love for Pep like Mase does for Kola.

What does Pep need to do to get you, Mase?

Not into baldies, eh?

I think a few have issues ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum