Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:57 am

I've got to admit I find the opposite to be true. Most people see or hear a headline and believe that without checking facts or integrity of reporting. Which is why the media in this country gets away with spouting such large quantities of utter bullshit and pass it off as the truth.[/quote]

Me too. Been spending a fair bit of time over in Dubkin these last 12 months and whilst in the main, the locals are very much pro both sets of red shite, a lot of the nonsense from the UK is repeated as fact
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:00 am

ayrshireblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Liverpool broke their own personal PL best in terms of number of passes in a game in the match against Sheffield United. We still hold the top 3 spots in terms of number of passes (and I don't know how many more games come before Liverpool's). Here's how the media reported it:

check out the BS the beeb are putting out about Scouse2. Mercifully, most normal people don't simply believe what they read in the press - online or in print.

I've got to admit I find the opposite to be true. Most people see or hear a headline and believe that without checking facts or integrity of reporting. Which is why the media in this country gets away with spouting such large quantities of utter bullshit and pass it off as the truth.

I'll be honest, I saw the stat that they'd broken the passing record and assumed it was the Prem one, not their own.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:23 am

Mase wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Liverpool broke their own personal PL best in terms of number of passes in a game in the match against Sheffield United. We still hold the top 3 spots in terms of number of passes (and I don't know how many more games come before Liverpool's). Here's how the media reported it:

check out the BS the beeb are putting out about Scouse2. Mercifully, most normal people don't simply believe what they read in the press - online or in print.

I've got to admit I find the opposite to be true. Most people see or hear a headline and believe that without checking facts or integrity of reporting. Which is why the media in this country gets away with spouting such large quantities of utter bullshit and pass it off as the truth.

I'll be honest, I saw the stat that they'd broken the passing record and assumed it was the Prem one, not their own.

It was stated on BT that it was the PL record which was then adopted by a number of other media outlets until it was pointed out to them and they then, instead of apologising for the mistake, had a dig at the person who pointed it out.

Just shows the nature of the media. They are no longer in the market for truth and actual reporting, they are now their to spread innuendo and rumours in order to create hatred and bitterness so the sheeples will click their links.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:39 am

It's working though isn't it? I'd love us to go after all this shite. It cannot do us any harm as we get bad press in the main anyway
salford city

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Fantastic how fucking biased is the british media compared to the foreign one.

I am watchin Birmigham vs Rovers on Sport 3, the portuguese station that has coverage over all competitions in England. I am looking it more because of the superstition and and because I avoid watching it in Romanian because of the scouse love.

Anyway, before this early cup game they had a preshow and one of the invites was Rui Costa (he might have a colaboration at this station) and he was asked who does he think will win the FA Cup and he said City.

Asked why, he said that people tend to underrate a team that won 7 of the last 8 english trophies played in the last 2 years.

And this is real, we won 7 trophies out of 8. We crushed every team in this country.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby harveytravis » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:55 pm

City64 wrote:City beat the bin dipping murdering thieving bastards this time last year and we also beat them at Wembley in the community shield last summer ........... not a mention in the media though ? It’s as if it didn’t happen ?????

Aston Villa 5-0 LiVARpool in league cup
Naples 2-0 LiVARpool in Chumps League

Do they count as losses or are they air brushed from history??
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Yes that’s true, for sport, politics and social issues reporting too.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 pm

I take it we will be reading about the Doyle story in the media tomorrow. And, what a story it is.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I take it we will be reading about the Doyle story in the media tomorrow. And, what a story it is.

Only on here mate. We dont promote our academy products unless of course they have come from someone else's like Garcia......was that four academy products who finished that game, youhear a word on that
salford city

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 pm

^^ won't hear a word.....
salford city

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:56 pm

I’ll be back tomorrow with the link, surely there’s a real back story that the media will want to report.

I’m so confident.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:04 pm

harveytravis wrote:
City64 wrote:City beat the bin dipping murdering thieving bastards this time last year and we also beat them at Wembley in the community shield last summer ........... not a mention in the media though ? It’s as if it didn’t happen ?????

Great post !
So the bin dipping murdering thieving bastards have been battered plenty of times the last year , our fucking diabolical media eh ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:12 pm

City64 wrote:
harveytravis wrote:

Great post !
So the bin dipping murdering thieving bastards have been battered plenty of times the last year , our fucking diabolical media eh ?

Like.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:17 am

MOTD instead of focusing on the match focused on Tom Pope and praised him for "proving his point". Am I missing something here?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:35 am

Mase wrote:MOTD instead of focusing on the match focused on Tom Pope and praised him for "proving his point". Am I missing something here?

Scored s great header in a 4-1 defeat. Something to tell the grandkids about. I should think he got more headlines than Ole and his boys
salford city

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:09 pm

A nice story about how Vale got invited in to the dressing room afterwards and their manager thanking Pep for his hospitality is hidden in a story about Tom Pope on BBC..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Another player we will never hear about ever again after this week.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:Another player we will never hear about ever again after this week.

Good. He looks like he hasn't brushed his fuckin teeth in about 30 years, scruffy twat.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Another player we will never hear about ever again after this week.

Good. He looks like he hasn't brushed his fuckin teeth in about 30 years, scruffy twat.

That's because they are made of wood !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Stones?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum