VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby Simister » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:15 pm

harveytravis wrote:
sidSmith wrote:Without VAR, we'd be 2nd and Dippers would be 3 points ahead as it stands.

Don't get me wrong, they deserve to be ahead, but it just shows how the league has been massively influenced by this shit. 3/6 points and the league is still a competition...

Second and Six points behind LiVARpool according to Dorksport yestrday!!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you....

Think on..

Then you add in the instances when VAR was subjectively NOT applied, like TAAs handball just before Liverpool scored against us, and many more....we’d probably be top!
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby stupot » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:00 pm

Yep, 1 of the many more was the double handball in the derby.
Another was the shove on Mendy for the equalizer against Wolves.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:44 pm

stupot wrote:Yep, 1 of the many more was the double handball in the derby.

I'm sure these Fekkers(Wolves) take something when they play City. How on earth can they put a half strength team against Scouse and play Scouse off the park - even if they were conned at least, out of a point. Then they go and lose to Watford yesterday ! Weird
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:38 pm

zuricity wrote:

I'm sure these Fekkers(Wolves) take something when they play City. How on earth can they put a half strength team against Scouse and play Scouse off the park - even if they were conned at least, out of a point. Then they go and lose to Watford yesterday ! Weird

That's the City curse, if you beat City then you will struggle in your next couple of games (unless you're Liverpool, cunts).
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:32 pm

zuricity wrote:

They did take something, Ederson’s sending off.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:21 am

Here's a thought. If you've got large feet , or funny and large shaped heels , or a big konk , or even a fat ass. Leaving the obvious out . Could it be said that the new Offside rules and VAR are discriminatory ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:40 am

zuricity wrote:Here's a thought. If you've got large feet , or funny and large shaped heels , or a big konk , or even a fat ass. Leaving the obvious out . Could it be said that the new Offside rules and VAR are discriminatory ?

##Deformities Matter ### Lets start another cult Mob.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 pm

How the fuck can the FA decide to only include certain games for VAR in the cup? Surely it should be all or fucking nothing. I get that smaller clubs may lack the necessary technology but VAR make it up anyway?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:15 pm

zuricity wrote:Here's a thought. If you've got large feet , or funny and large shaped heels , or a big konk , or even a fat ass. Leaving the obvious out . Could it be said that the new Offside rules and VAR are discriminatory ?

You'll notice they waited until Ibrahimović left the rags before introducing VAR
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Tim777 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:

You'll notice they waited until Ibrahimović left the rags before introducing VAR

:lol:
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:33 pm

My opinion...

Effectively in agreement with Ian Darke's "clear daylight" argument I saw on ESPNFC which Steve Nicol complains that this takes away from "defending" suggesting that defenders will play deeper and deeper.

Their debate came from reports FIFA is thinking of changing the offsides rule, and some suggest at least making the drawn line thicker.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:30 pm

I could take the current system if it was accurate, but it’s not. If the camera could be upgraded and calibrated to a position that there is no bout then I’d have it.

However, it can’t, and the way they’ve introduced it has only brought about suspicion and rumour. This isn’t because of paranoia in fans, it’s because the PL have actually used it to manipulate games.

Overall, it’s not VAR that’s the issue, as it should just be an objective subject, it’s the fact that onfield officials don’t give the ‘Clear and Obvious’ with the VAR backing them up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:40 am

There are I think non stop opinions in the media about VAR, but I failed to read on that actually Is talking about the obvious flaw and what fucks it up: the refs.

How the fuck is it possible for premier league refs to be judged by other EPL refs? How is it possible that the people behind the screens to be actual EPL managers. What do you expect? Taylor to overturn a decision from Oliver and so on?

This system has no chance to run properly because it was never allowed to do so. They took every precautions before the VAR law passed. This was rotten from day 1.

We were just naive in thinking it will be allowed to work.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:37 pm

ESPN's "No Var table" has our deficit behind Liverpool cut in half with us at 49 points and them at 56.
Yay VAR
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:ESPN's "No Var table" has our deficit behind Liverpool cut in half with us at 49 points and them at 56.
Yay VAR

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html
Think this is what you are referring to
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:34 pm

I've said it and I will continue to say it: they are doing it on purpose to fuck up VAR.

Before VAR the cheating was there, but there wouldn't be the second viewing, the debate, etc. Did we see any debate after we were crucified by Foy a few years ago? No.
They are doing this fuck ups on purpose to show the system is fucked and I will not be surprised if they will go back to no VAR, for them to cheat as they did back then.

VAR works and will work when we will have they rugby way, with live coverage from the discussion between the ref and the VAR room. But that will never happen.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby sidSmith » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:02 am

PeterParker wrote:I've said it and I will continue to say it: they are doing it on purpose to fuck up VAR.

Before VAR the cheating was there, but there wouldn't be the second viewing, the debate, etc. Did we see any debate after we were crucified by Foy a few years ago? No.
They are doing this fuck ups on purpose to show the system is fucked and I will not be surprised if they will go back to no VAR, for them to cheat as they did back then.

VAR works and will work when we will have they rugby way, with live coverage from the discussion between the ref and the VAR room. But that will never happen.

Exactly. They have implemented VAR in the shittest way they possibly could so that they can say that they gave it a go and it didn't work. They will come up with some shit about the Premier League being too fast and we'll revert to the crap we had before.

They need/needed to start with a completely new slate and bring in new people. Having the old boys ref network operate it all is a farce. Nobody should have a clue who today's VAR official is FFS. It should just be a group of "impartial" people reviewing incidents and reporting back.

It had added no improvement to the quality of decisions at all and I'm not sure how that is even possible unless it's deliberate. How the hell is it even possible to mess it up this much?
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 am

sidSmith wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I've said it and I will continue to say it: they are doing it on purpose to fuck up VAR.

Exactly. They have implemented VAR in the shittest way they possibly could so that they can say that they gave it a go and it didn't work. They will come up with some shit about the Premier League being too fast and we'll revert to the crap we had before.

They need/needed to start with a completely new slate and bring in new people. Having the old boys ref network operate it all is a farce. Nobody should have a clue who today's VAR official is FFS. It should just be a group of "impartial" people reviewing incidents and reporting back.

It had added no improvement to the quality of decisions at all and I'm not sure how that is even possible unless it's deliberate. How the hell is it even possible to mess it up this much?

Yep. How can you trust a system when Anthony Taylor is in charge and Oliver in the VAR room?
How that cannot be biased?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:43 am

Throw in should never have been Liverpool's for the build up to the goal and that cunt should have been given a red for his disgusting foul.

Neither went to VAR and if anyone else needs more proof VAR and the FA are doing all they can to ensure the Dippers win the prem ,and any record available, then I cannot help you.

The dippers are a fantastic side managed by an incredible top cunting manager but if/when they win the league it will not be just because of their football but for all the fuckign cheating decisions that have gone their way.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sidSmith » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 am

I have only seen MOTD and they only showed a brief replay, but Van Dykes last ditch tackle on Alli, did he get the ball first? They didn't show any angle to confirm.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum