Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 am

Hazy2 wrote:The Kloppgate FA Cup is not my priority is the chink in his armour, IMO arrogance, if we had any pressure on him in the league he would crack.

This. Cannot fault him for wanting to get over the line in the league but if we had been closer, we would overtake them.
Will be worse next season as the media will be pushing them all the way to equal the red shite's 20 titles
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:06 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ulham.html

My take on this is - job done by journalists, with their anti City narrative they have the support, or a section of it turning against the manager.
For me this was always the objective, the old divide and conquer routine. Its proven by the fact hardly any club sell out the stadium against lower league opponents at this time of year. But nobody mentions the empty seats at Arsenal, the swamp, Everton, even the mighty spuds did not sell out for a recent replay against Middlesbrough. I am hoping for some p.r exercise by the club to smooth things over, otherwise this will run and run and take a life of its own just like the emptyhad did.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7935549/Manchester-City-supporters-slam-Pep-Guardiola-criticised-lack-support-against-Fulham.html

My take on this is - job done by journalists, with their anti City narrative they have the support, or a section of it turning against the manager.
For me this was always the objective, the old divide and conquer routine. Its proven by the fact hardly any club sell out the stadium against lower league opponents at this time of year. But nobody mentions the empty seats at Arsenal, the swamp, Everton, even the mighty spuds did not sell out for a recent replay against Middlesbrough. I am hoping for some p.r exercise by the club to smooth things over, otherwise this will run and run and take a life of its own just like the emptyhad did.

They don't mention them because they know the manager of those clubs wouldn't bite FFS.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7935549/Manchester-City-supporters-slam-Pep-Guardiola-criticised-lack-support-against-Fulham.html

They don't mention them because they know the manager of those clubs wouldn't bite FFS.

Well, why does our manager “bite” ? FFS
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:35 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:

Because we're not Barcelona I'm assuming.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/b ... u-problem/
Well they do not always fill their stadium, see above
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:02 pm

I know that. Hence why I can't understand he's said what he's said.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/b ... u-problem/
Well they do not always fill their stadium, see above

Very interesting that Harry. Perhaps Geoff Shreeves could mention that to him next time.

But it just shows that the only empty things that really matter are trophy cabinets and sideboards in the boardroom. Luckily ours are filling up very nicely and look like continuing to do so. Remind fans of other clubs about this next time they bang on about the 'Emptyhad' and they soon shut up and fuck off
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Like I said earlier, Barca get far less than us in cup games. So that is 'why it was not full'
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:29 pm

People do realise most “journos “ in the media are total twats , bin dippers or rags right ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Pep has just said in his presser he understands peoples difficulties when he was a little boy his mum and dad struggled . He is grateful for all the support city get and understands the situation.

Think that puts the record straight!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:46 pm

City64 wrote:Pep has just said in his presser he understands peoples difficulties when he was a little boy his mum and dad struggled . He is grateful for all the support city get and understands the situation.

It was always a manufactured story to attempt to distract us from smashing the rags and winning a trophy before the dippers.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:50 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
City64 wrote:Pep has just said in his presser he understands peoples difficulties when he was a little boy his mum and dad struggled . He is grateful for all the support city get and understands the situation.

It was always a manufactured story to attempt to distract us from smashing the rags and winning a trophy before the dippers.

Deffo pal
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Spot on
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Ferna another year ! Fantastic news.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:14 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Yes, it was, and easy to see. The narrative was started just prior to the final whistle. No mention all match but then, just prior to the end it’s brought up by the BBC commentators. Then you see the interview with the first question(s) edited out, appearing to show Pep voluntary talking about the support. However, it was quite obvious from the initial answer, not regarding the crowd, that a set of questions had been asked. He went on to say that we needed the crowd behind us against the Rags but, again, this was twisted.

The media are no longer there to report the facts, they are there to get a headline that they can use to generate clicks. We are the Devil incarnate to many of Rag hordes so what better way to get clicks.

We are mere pawns in the propaganda war.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Yes, it was, and easy to see. The narrative was started just prior to the final whistle. No mention all match but then, just prior to the end it’s brought up by the BBC commentators. Then you see the interview with the first question(s) edited out, appearing to show Pep voluntary talking about the support. However, it was quite obvious from the initial answer, not regarding the crowd, that a set of questions had been asked. He went on to say that we needed the crowd behind us against the Rags but, again, this was twisted.

The media are no longer there to report the facts, they are there to get a headline that they can use to generate clicks. We are the Devil incarnate to many of Rag hordes so what better way to get clicks.

We are mere pawns in the propaganda war.

Our PR at City is truly shocking Beefy . Pep is usually right on it when interviewed or pressed aggressively but got caught out badly at the weekend . City’s PR need to up their game considerably from now until the end of the season .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 pm

City64 wrote:Our PR at City is truly shocking Beefy . Pep is usually right on it when interviewed or pressed aggressively but got caught out badly at the weekend . City’s PR need to up their game considerably from now until the end of the season .

He didn’t get caught out mate, he bought it up!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:Our PR at City is truly shocking Beefy . Pep is usually right on it when interviewed or pressed aggressively but got caught out badly at the weekend . City’s PR need to up their game considerably from now until the end of the season .

He didn’t get caught out mate, he bought it up!

He brought it up but the “media” twisted it for the agenda . Pep cleared up the situation today in his presser .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:31 pm

Just heard peps latest comments and I have no objections. He just wants better support, nothing wrong with that.

Let’s support our team and fuck everyone else.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum