Rumors Of A Contract Impasse

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rumors Of A Contract Impasse

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Hearing rumors Pep is refusing to commit to us any longer than a 12 month contract extension.

No idea if this information is accurate or not.So please dont shoot the Messenger.

If it is true,it could explain our lack of activity in the transfer market this January.

Also how do fellow fans feel Pep refusing to commit to us any longer than 12 months given the rebuilding job will likely take the next 3,4, transfer windows ?.

Obviously t will make no sense to start rebuilding for the next 4,5 ,years headed by a manager who is going to walk in 12 months.

Who knows maybe it has already been agreed behind the scenes that Pep will go the end of this Season and Pochetinho will take over.

What ever happens,life goes on.

If he does go 12 months early he will rightly be remembered as the best manager we have ever had.He delivered success beyond our wildest dreams.

However i am not going to lie,i never liked him i like i did Bobby Manc..Bobby got City and us fans.I have always felt like Pep felt like he was doing us a big favor.A bit like a fit woman with an ugly Millionaire.Always having sly digs at our fans and our history.One of the oldest Clubs in England.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Rumors Of A Contract Impasse

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:17 pm

I don't like him as much as I loved Bob - but Pep is our most successful manager and hopefully he stays.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:21 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Hearing rumors Pep is refusing to commit to us any longer than a 12 month contract extension.

No idea if this information is accurate or not.So please dont shoot the Messenger.

If it is true,it could explain our lack of activity in the transfer market this January.

Also how do fellow fans feel Pep refusing to commit to us any longer than 12 months given the rebuilding job will likely take the next 3,4, transfer windows ?.

Obviously t will make no sense to start rebuilding for the next 4,5 ,years headed by a manager who is going to walk in 12 months.

Who knows maybe it has already been agreed behind the scenes that Pep will go the end of this Season and Pochetinho will take over.

What ever happens,life goes on.

If he does go 12 months early he will rightly be remembered as the best manager we have ever had.He delivered success beyond our wildest dreams.

However i am not going to lie,i never liked him i like i did Bobby Manc..Bobby got City and us fans.I have always felt like Pep felt like he was doing us a big favor.A bit like a fit woman with an ugly Millionaire.Always having sly digs at our fans and our history.One of the oldest Clubs in England.

Exactly how I feel - each word .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Mase wrote:I don't like him as much as I loved Bob - but Pep is our most successful manager and hopefully he stays.

This for me , That Grin on Bobs Face at the old toilet Priceless , But I am on the pep stay fence
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Rumour, funny this rumour seems to have passed the press by, you'd think they'd be all over this likes flies on shite, unless I've missed the reports.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Simister » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 pm

"Hearing rumours"????

Haven't you always been anti-Pep though?
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:12 pm

No rumours here . It’s a simple one , Pep has already signed for an extra 12 months and he has always stated he will access the situation next season . He has already stayed longer at City than any other club , he will honour the multi million best contract any club manager on this planet has ever had .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Please provide a link to this rumour.

From a reasonable source...not your mate in the pub.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:11 pm

aaron bond wrote:Please provide a link to this rumour.

From a reasonable source...not your mate in the pub.

He heard it off a bin dipper in the bookies I reckon .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Simister » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Talking of rumours - just been told that 200 British expats from that there Woooha are to be quarantined in Prestwich Hospital pending checks for Coronavirus.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Simister wrote:Talking of rumours - just been told that 200 British expats from that there Woooha are to be quarantined in Prestwich Hospital pending checks for Coronavirus.

Why do these things never happen in Liverpool?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tim777 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Mase wrote:
Simister wrote:Talking of rumours - just been told that 200 British expats from that there Woooha are to be quarantined in Prestwich Hospital pending checks for Coronavirus.

Why do these things never happen in Liverpool?!

The virus is incompatible with six-fingered organisms.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Simister » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Strangely enough my contact* now says they are being taken to a secret NHS centre in Liverpool.

* my mother reading the news somewhere on TV
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 pm

If he stays, great. He is our most successful manager and the levels he has taken us to are unprecedented

If he goes, either this summer or next, then so be it. We get the next chapter in our club. It may or may not be as successful but that's life in football. Nothing can take away our glory from the last few years,. Indeed we've been the most successful and best side over the 2010s. And thats with 3 managers.

So lets just do what we know best. Win games playing great football and win more pots
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Simister wrote:Strangely enough my contact* now says they are being taken to a secret NHS centre in Liverpool.

* my mother reading the news somewhere on TV

Hopefully Melwood
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:I don't like him as much as I loved Bob - but Pep is our most successful manager and hopefully he stays.

Same.
I was over the moon when he came, but now I understand why the Bayern fans were ”meh” when he left, even if he won the league without any troubles.

He brings succes no matter what, but life with him it's a bit toxic. I love Bob Manc as a person, because he knew what to say and called it as it was, while Guardiola is always indirect, even after we are crucified, he still is polite.

Loved when we were robbed and Bobby would come to the press conference.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Does it make q difference ? Managers dont buy players. If they do, other than laporte, give me a quality pep signing :D

Mahrez doesnt count as he was player of the year in our own league and it took record bid.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Nick wrote:Does it make q difference ? Managers dont buy players. If they do, other than laporte, give me a quality pep signing :D

Mahrez doesnt count as he was player of the year in our own league and it took record bid.

Ederson.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Does it make q difference ? Managers dont buy players. If they do, other than laporte, give me a quality pep signing :D

Ederson.

Bernardo?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:03 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:

Ederson.

Bernardo?

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he had input in KDB before he came to us, having liked him in the German league when at Bayern.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum