Rumors Of A Contract Impasse

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rumors Of A Contract Impasse

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:44 am

I will take what I can get of Pep.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Does it make q difference ? Managers dont buy players. If they do, other than laporte, give me a quality pep signing :D

Mahrez doesnt count as he was player of the year in our own league and it took record bid.

Ederson.

Bernardo?

Success rates when buying... incredibly difficult even for the best managers. Baconbastard made huge errors, they all do. Cancelo at 60m looks an appalling punt, Mendy's sicknotism is a function of dreadful luck. Mahrez...popular with some on here but I can't bear him.

The indifferent form of Bernardo and the cliff that Sterling has fallen off are bigger worries.

It's a little bit of a mess right now. Not great but after the incredible successes, it's what is is.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:22 pm

So, Pep is looking to extend.

Get in!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, Pep is looking to extend.

Get in!

Where’s that from mate?

I’ve just seen an interview of him discussing being a failure if he doesn’t win the Champions League and he used the phrase “in my final period here” which sounded to me he wouldn’t be extending. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:10 am

I'm sort of wondering when the contracts of messrs Soriano and Begiristain end

Isn't the whole show tied in? Will there at some point be a complete new regime beneath Khaldoon?

Or maybe money can always compensate for dire British weather?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Mase wrote:

Get in!

Where’s that from mate?

I’ve just seen an interview of him discussing being a failure if he doesn’t win the Champions League and he used the phrase “in my final period here” which sounded to me he wouldn’t be extending. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I read on the net about ‘Pep failure for not winning the CL’ and wondered why he would say such a thing. Led me to watch the presser and soon realised he was having a sarcastic swipe at the media, basically saying ‘You people’ will say I’m a failure even after what he has done so far.

Quite amazes me how they are allowed to spread fake news.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Get in!

Where’s that from mate?

I read on the net about ‘Pep failure for not winning the CL’ and wondered why he would say such a thing. Led me to watch the presser and soon realised he was having a sarcastic swipe at the media, basically saying ‘You people’ will say I’m a failure even after what he has done so far.

Ah right. I’d class him as a massive success here. But I could careless about the Champions League to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Get in!

Where’s that from mate?

Pep needs to understand they will always twist his words just keep quiet or say it frank. His just adding fuel to the fire every time he opens his mouth.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Get in!

Where’s that from mate?

Pep needs to understand they will always twist his words just keep quiet or say it frank. His just adding fuel to the fire every time he opens his mouth.

Bob realised straight away. When there was 2 games left in 2012 I remember him taking the piss out of them with “no no United have already won the league” and they couldn’t understand it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:47 pm

Mase wrote:
Tru_Blu wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Get in!

Where’s that from mate?

Bob realised straight away. When there was 2 games left in 2012 I remember him taking the piss out of them with “no no United have already won the league” and they couldn’t understand it.

I loved Bobby’s passion and he was brilliant with the press and also took no shit from anyone else either .

Baldy is a better manager but a shit head as a person .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:56 pm

I’ve just seen an interview of him discussing being a failure if he doesn’t win the Champions League and he used the phrase “in my final period here” which sounded to me he wouldn’t be extending. Hopefully I’m wrong.[/quote]

Quite amazes me how they are allowed to spread fake news.[/quote]

Pep needs to understand they will always twist his words just keep quiet or say it frank. His just adding fuel to the fire every time he opens his mouth.[/quote]

Bob realised straight away. When there was 2 games left in 2012 I remember him taking the piss out of them with “no no United have already won the league” and they couldn’t understand it.[/quote]
I loved Bobby’s passion and he was brilliant with the press and also took no shit from anyone else either .
Baldy is a better manager but a shit head as a person .[/quote]

Bob was great wasn't he, him and Balo were great, better than your local gypsy circus.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:06 pm

What didn’t you like about a manager that won us our first trophies in a million years?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:16 pm

Mase wrote:What didn’t you like about a manager that won us our first trophies in a million years?

There appears to be some on here who suffer from amnesia mate.

i.e it didn't happen.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:22 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Does it make q difference ? Managers dont buy players. If they do, other than laporte, give me a quality pep signing :D

Mahrez doesnt count as he was player of the year in our own league and it took record bid.

Ederson.

Bernardo?

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he had input in KDB before he came to us, having liked him in the German league when at Bayern.

No doubt whatsoever, maybe even Sterling as well.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:What didn’t you like about a manager that won us our first trophies in a million years?

i.e it didn't happen.

As soon as he came in and said he’d rip that banner down from the Stratford End I knew he’d be a top guy
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

i.e it didn't happen.

As soon as he came in and said he’d rip that banner down from the Stratford End I knew he’d be a top guy

Let's put it into perspective, Mansour's investment got us here, not Bob or Pep, it was inveivtable we're going to win it. I'm not knocking Bob's achievement, fine, many fans can relate to him but let's not make out he's the messiah. It's my honest opinion so no need to spit the dummy out otherwise you're just another one dimensional city64
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

i.e it didn't happen.

Let's put it into perspective, Mansour's investment got us here, not Bob or Pep, it was inveivtable we're going to win it. I'm not knocking Bob's achievement, fine, many fans can relate to him but let's not make out he's the messiah. It's my honest opinion so no need to spit the dummy out otherwise you're just another one dimensional city64

You’re right, we should have just stuck with Hughes he’d have won is everything.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

i.e it didn't happen.

You’re right, we should have just stuck with Hughes he’d have won is everything.

Of course Bobby manc didn't spit his dummy out when he didn't get the players he wanted the season after he won the title, that's OK because we can relate to him, he gets us, he gets a pass for that. Didn't Hughes sign club legends Komp and Zabba, you could argue he laid the foundations and didn't get enough time (still think he's shit)?
Do we want winners or managers that get us? You can't always have it both ways
Outcast

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:19 am

Yes you’re right. It’s all down to Hughes. He signed our best players. He needed more time.

“Do we want winner or managers that get us - you can’t have it both ways” - very weird. It’s like Mancini didn’t win anything. Ferguson got United. Kloop seems to get the scousers.

But you’re right - we can’t have it both ways...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 am

Mase wrote:Yes you’re right. It’s all down to Hughes. He signed our best players. He needed more time.

“Do we want winner or managers that get us - you can’t have it both ways” - very weird. It’s like Mancini didn’t win anything. Ferguson got United. Kloop seems to get the scousers.

But you’re right - we can’t have it both ways...

You're right, it's all down to Bobby, where we would be without him, all our success down to him. He won us the title spending peanuts, he promoted youth and built us from scratch. He got us over the line down to sheer passion, nothing to do with buying top players. Nothing to do with Mansours investment, its all him, we should bring him back because he gets us....
As much as I hate bacon face and kloppy, he's not in their league management wise.

Do you always take things out of context to suit your agenda? Your twisting my words and cherry picking.
Outcast

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum