The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:41 am

Wembley bound and with a chance to win the cup for the 3rd year on the bounce but let's be realistic, if we don't win the chumps league, with the scouse walking away with the league, the season will be a failure. Said it after we lost to the red shite In the league and I will say it again im fucking fuming and embarrassed that the shower of cunts beat us at home AGAIN . Pep needs to stop with the continual over-thinking, pick a settled team and leave it the fuck alone. He should have an eye on the Madrid games and we should set up for them. If last night was him doing that, then I don't know what to say
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:You all say he has no plan B. Then he tries a plan B and you all fucking moan about it.

Playing sterling all the time when he’s fucking shit is not plan B mate .
Playing cancelo on the left is also not plan B , it doesn’t work and didn’t work .
Constantly changing the defense is not plan B either and lastly PeP himself has admitted to only knowing how to play one way .

Let’s be honest Tokyo B ,and it’s been said , when he has us playing well he gets all the plaudits like last season but this season some average to shit managers have made him look a cunt and have beaten him with tactical nous and fans like me give him a slagging off that some head in the sand fans cannot take.

I’ll say it again , Losing to that trash at home Twice is mor than embarrassing and if he continues fucking around we will see our arse against RM.

I’ve just seen this - He is saying what lots of us are saying mate

He was overthinking things': Micah Richards claims Manchester United worked Pep Guardiola's bizarre tactics out in Carabao Cup semi-final after '15 minutes' and questions why City boss did not use players in proper position

RE David Silva’s brain fart - can you imagine the fallout in here from some blinkered fans if Foden had done what DS did !!!! They would be clambering for him to be dropped till he developed a better football brain !!

Micah is talking balls. Guardiola played a containment game last night, the onus was on United to come up with something to win by at least two goals, when you don't even muster a single chance from open play that's not likely to happen, if he'd worked Guardiola out then surely they wouldn't have just relied on set pieces, a la Stoke/Burnley.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby stupot » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:24 pm

I don't understand the " he's not got a Plan B". He had a Plan B at the swamp when we played without a striker, totally foxed them and everyone on this board was up in arms over the selection before the game.

He had a Plan B when he put Fernandinho at Centre Back and on the whole it's worked well.

I don't think he's infallible, i think Sterling has been shit since the Liverpool game and i'd play Garcia and Foden more but there's people on here who can't wait to have a go at him. We might have won trophies with the last 2 managers but Mancini after his 2 lost the dressing room and there's no evidence Pep has done that. Peller's won 2 in his first year with Mancini's team and went totally downhill after. He won the League Cup on pens against the dippers in his last year and then got stuffed by them 3 days later in the league and we made the Champs League on 67 pts on goal difference.

198 points in the last 2 seasons. This season we've lost the league but still 2nd on for 80 plus points ( which would have won the league in a lot of years), in all 3 cups still and gets unbelievable shit.

Pellers is available again.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Some fans only have Plan slag Pep, As a fan who goes home and away we would score double if the cunts were ruthless, last night is on our players who need to see a fucking shrinkto sort out the issue of killing a game First 10 mins at the scouse cunts 0-2 if we are at it, CL game we had 15 good chances v the cunts, last night has fuck all to do with Pep or any cunt on the bench it is the players who it appears would much rather take the piss than score. AS for digging out anybody, Sterling has it in the bank he will come good again for me and we support our own don't we ?, Cancelo, Rodri Compare them to Zabba or Yaya, fucking downgrade on both.

Where I have an issue with Pep is he is a control freak who has us playing in a Robotic way, which Klopp pisses on with pace power and passion.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:18 pm

"Where I have an issue with Pep is he is a control freak who has us playing in a Robotic way, which Klopp pisses on with pace power and passion."

agree with this hazy. Control is not a end in itself, never was and never will be.

if anyone trawled back my very old posts - i used to say this exact same thing about his barcelona side.

I think anyone should be very wary about second guessing his motives etc, that is a fools game. He seems personable enough and has committed to Manc land, even saying many times he really likes Manchester and the people. Personally i never used to iike him at all, but he has become more personable at City, so fair dues to him.

On the football side a lot of what posters are saying about tactics, formations and team selections is fair enough. What we dont know though is how he approaches games and why, and it obvious he likes to come up with a plan for all games, occasionally 'something different' - he may well see that as the tactical initiative that is going to make the difference. That is his call, his responsibility.

He has obviously been experimenting more this season, maybe due to injuries and players he clearly doesn't really trust. He does seem blind to some obvious things though, no doubt about that.

That old barca team really didn't have any plan b at all, i used to get sick of watching them do the same old, same old tbh. His City teams have a lot more flexibility in tactics and multiple plans and are far more interesting to watch.

i think he is developing his approach still, and this season has been a total fuck up in terms of injuries and lack of cover in key positions. He needs to play the kids ffs, but i'm going to go for trusting him to respond to this season and get the team mojo back and stronger.

I dont think really he is any worse than other managers we have had, certainly more successful.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Just read on Bluemoon Pep called out Scudamore
The last two seasons, it was an owner from the Premier League that says that can’t happen again. City winning the titles that way with 100 points is not good for the Premier League.

Now it’s Liverpool, the owner has to be concerned again..."
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Just read on Bluemoon Pep called out Scudamore
The last two seasons, it was an owner from the Premier League that says that can’t happen again. City winning the titles that way with 100 points is not good for the Premier League.

Think Pep is referring to the fact the LFC owner has a substantial stake in the VAR company that is used by PIGMOL and the PL .How can this actually happen ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:42 pm

City64 wrote:

Think Pep is referring to the fact the LFC owner has a substantial stake in the VAR company that is used by PIGMOL and the PL .How can this actually happen ?

I’ve watched the interview and it was very subtle, in a hammer blow sort of way, which the media didn’t ask him to clarify. He was indirectly saying that the PL are cheating fucks who have fixed the league to ensure one of their branded teams win, and if they don’t do something to stop the Dippers they are hypocritical cunts.

That’s how I interpreted it, anyway.

What’s this about FSG having a stake in VAR?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby harveytravis » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Well done Bald cunt...managed to embarrass the CITY FAITHFUL for the second time this season.........if you think you are going to win against RM then your fuckign deluded.

Shit line up and continues to reward wank performers like Sterling with a continued start.

Get fucked !!

Deja vu.....
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:

I’ve watched the interview and it was very subtle, in a hammer blow sort of way, which the media didn’t ask him to clarify. He was indirectly saying that the PL are cheating fucks who have fixed the league to ensure one of their branded teams win, and if they don’t do something to stop the Dippers they are hypocritical cunts.

It’s all over twitter on City accounts
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:26 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:

Don’t do Twitter, mate, but will have a look around.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:

Don’t do Twitter, mate, but will have a look around.

Had a look and couldn't see anything
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:39 am

Daily Mail are claiming that the City players told Pep to stop rotating the team so much and constantly making changes after the Spurs game.
Makes sense as when he kept to pretty much the same players towards the end of last season we went unbeaten.

This season Pep has made 76 line up changes, more than any other manager in the league.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:25 am

Mase wrote:Daily Mail are claiming that the City players told Pep to stop rotating the team so much and constantly making changes after the Spurs game.
Makes sense as when he kept to pretty much the same players towards the end of last season we went unbeaten.

This season Pep has made 76 line up changes, more than any other manager in the league.

The rotation of the back four is nothing short of plain stupidity/gross negligence/criminal

Throughout history the more successful sides have had a settled back four. Rule 2. Rule 1 being having a decent goalie who is a commanding presence in the box, and in this day and age, someone comfortable with the ball at his feet with good distribution
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:16 pm

I believe that we have not played the same team 2 games in a row this season yet.
The players are probably correct there is just too much chopping and changing.

I know he is a very good manager and one of the best out there but he does make some very annoying mistakes. And he repeats them.
It's been a poor season for him by his own standards so far. He hasn't managed the team or games as well as we know he can.
Hopefully fortunes change from here on in.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Simister » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:41 pm

Best manager we’ve ever had. How can we be complaining after he’s just won the treble ffs?
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Simister » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:44 pm

And I suspect Pep invited any input from the players. Not that the Daily Mail would ever report it like that. They are solidly behind LiVARpool.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Outcast » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:49 pm

sheblue wrote:I believe that we have not played the same team 2 games in a row this season yet.
The players are probably correct there is just too much chopping and changing.

I know he is a very good manager and one of the best out there but he does make some very annoying mistakes. And he repeats them.
It's been a poor season for him by his own standards so far. He hasn't managed the team or games as well as we know he can.
Hopefully fortunes change from here on in.

We shouldn't be 'hoping` for a manager on 20m a year to rely on fortune. We are entitled to expect better than what's currently on show, was it 22 points behind the vermins and 6 defeats? That's not acceptable, we don't have a given right to win anything but based on the squad depth and quality at his disposable that's just not good enough, it's embarrassing. I didn't expect us to catch them but at least put up a better fight. From champions to mediocre must raise serious questions. The players need direction, Pep needs to be clear whether he wants to stay and rebuild or leave on good note. I think his contractual stance and his over tinkering is leaving players unsettled and half arsed. It's down to you Pep
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:51 pm

"From champions to mediocre must raise serious questions."
We're second in the league, ffs! If that's mediocre how bad are the rest? The 22 points looks bad, but how many of those have been handed to the vermin by corrupt officials, both on field and through VAR? And how many more are due to the fact that our players know that no matter how hard they try, their efforts are in vain, so they have stopped trying (imho). Take those away and the gap may be as low as 5 or 6 points.........remember last season??????
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:"From champions to mediocre must raise serious questions."
We're second in the league, ffs! If that's mediocre how bad are the rest? The 22 points looks bad, but how many of those have been handed to the vermin by corrupt officials, both on field and through VAR? And how many more are due to the fact that our players know that no matter how hard they try, their efforts are in vain, so they have stopped trying (imho). Take those away and the gap may be as low as 5 or 6 points.........remember last season??????

It is fucking bad - 22 fucking points bad .

Unacceptable and our manager has been utter shit this season , so shit , even the players have had a go at him .

Let’s not try to justify where we are right now by just blaming VAR or shit refs - the 20
Million pound a year manager has performed
like a 2 million pound a season manager —- there is no hiding from that fact .

If he doesn’t improve from now till the end of the season then the club need to seriously look at the situation .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum