The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 am

We're 8 points down on this stage last season, bad but not the disaster some are trying to paint it as.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We're 8 points down on this stage last season, bad but not the disaster some are trying to paint it as.

We have 3 out of 4 comps to go for I get it. We have with the whole Premier League lost the plot at the wrong time, the scouse cunts have unleashed a genie we will have a tougher job getting it back in its filthy bin. Pep and the club have to sort out for me.

Is Pep long term or 1 more window, which is fucked up with a Euros this summer and we are not top dog with a manager here for a year.

I happen to think if we lose to Madrid FFP could back on the agenda very soon after. Pep and the club have an easy out for both parties, if they want it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:19 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We're 8 points down on this stage last season, bad but not the disaster some are trying to paint it as.

We have 3 out of 4 comps to go for I get it. We have with the whole Premier League lost the plot at the wrong time, the scouse cunts have unleashed a genie we will have a tougher job getting it back in its filthy bin. Pep and the club have to sort out for me.

Is Pep long term or 1 more window, which is fucked up with a Euros this summer and we are not top dog with a manager here for a year.

I happen to think if we lose to Madrid FFP could back on the agenda very soon after. Pep and the club have an easy out for both parties, if they want it.

I think that FFP announcement will be made just prior to the Madrid game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I think that FFP announcement will be made just prior to the Madrid game.

As its the Spanish FA chief I think just after we get hammered with Madrid out of the way. That leaves us out of CL ? and windows ban, which beggars the question why do we waste Jan window.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 am

Like a few other level headed posters on here I am putting a “little” perspective into this PL season . 4 of the big 6 clubs have dropped off alarmingly three of those clubs in serious decline despite spending huge amounts of money on players and stadia ie Arsenal , Spurs and the rags ( shit stadia but endless millions on players) and Chelsea are rebuilding with youth and a rookie club legend manager . VAR did it’s work early doors in the PL season to give the bin dipping cunts a clear advantage which has now given them the confidence to turn it into a procession . City meanwhile although short of their best form due to crucial injuries several mind boggling tactical decisions and maybe half a dozen bent as fuck VAR decisions go against us are still the best of the rest comfortable in 2nd place just 8 points worse off than last season . The bottom line is the wankers at the PL and FA now have a huge problem after there corrupt tinkering has left the PL flat , boring and an unhappy unhealthy place for match going and armchair fans alike . The diabolical agenda ridden media are also trying to paint a picture the LFC are great and good when in reality they know the PL is currently a mess and in poor health .
Away from all that despite all that has unfolded City have yet another upcoming Wembley final , still in the FA cup with a favourable tie and a huge CL last 16 tie with Real Madrid . Not too bad is it ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 am

City64 wrote:Like a few other level headed posters on here I am putting a “little” perspective into this PL season . 4 of the big 6 clubs have dropped off alarmingly three of those clubs in serious decline despite spending huge amounts of money on players and stadia ie Arsenal , Spurs and the rags ( shit stadia but endless millions on players) and Chelsea are rebuilding with youth and a rookie club legend manager . VAR did it’s work early doors in the PL season to give the bin dipping cunts a clear advantage which has now given them the confidence to turn it into a procession . City meanwhile although short of their best form due to crucial injuries several mind boggling tactical decisions and maybe half a dozen bent as fuck VAR decisions go against us are still the best of the rest comfortable in 2nd place just 8 points worse off than last season . The bottom line is the wankers at the PL and FA now have a huge problem after there corrupt tinkering has left the PL flat , boring and an unhappy unhealthy place for match going and armchair fans alike . The diabolical agenda ridden media are also trying to paint a picture the LFC are great and good when in reality they know the PL is currently a mess and in poor health .
Away from all that despite all that has unfolded City have yet another upcoming Wembley final , still in the FA cup with a favourable tie and a huge CL last 16 tie with Real Madrid . Not too bad is it ?

Like a fair few posters and fans alike , I gave up a LONG time ago as far as winning the prem was concerned and instead focused on the cup matches - the problem is , Baldie has lost the plot this season and it’s not getting better , it’s getting worse and worse with his stupid fucking line ups and tactics and I’m sorry but I just will not get excited about going to Wembley for the league cup , beat by the shittiest Munchen team ever just put a big downer on it. The FA cup matters and that’s one where I do get excited but if Baldie continues being shit then we won’t be winning that cup - as for RM in the CL I couldn’t care less about that cup in all honesty and the way we have been playing in defense we will need to score 4 goals to stand a chance .

That’s about as level fucking headed as I can be.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:32 am

So give me an honest answer then Carl.
What's a better season, League Cup and CL double or League Cup and FA Cup double.
The Champs League is the only stick people have to beat us with still. If Liverpool beat all our records and we win the CL there'll be as pissed off as we would have been in reverse.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:20 pm

stupot wrote:So give me an honest answer then Carl.
What's a better season, League Cup and CL double or League Cup and FA Cup double.
The Champs League is the only stick people have to beat us with still. If Liverpool beat all our records and we win the CL there'll be as pissed off as we would have been in reverse.

A better season is for me is for PeP to stick with a steady line up from now on - to start the same defense week in and week out (which would include Garcia ) and to drop underperforming players like Sterling - to play Foden more often .

We have no right to expect to win ecerything but with a fucking squad like ours we do have a right to expect that the manager picks the right players week in and week out and starts to earn his wage .

FA cup and second would be a good season as far as cups and position is concerned - For the CL semi final at a minimum .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:28 pm

I agree with you about Foden and Garcia.
You've not answered the " what's a more successful season".
If we win the domestic cup double it's a good season.
If we win the Champs League it's a great season.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 pm

CL Semi looks doable but we have a beast in our way, not the beast it once was, we are passive this season, so Semi looks tough. For the squad has no depth if we are being honest, Would anyone stick with the team after Spurs,? On another note I watched training from yesterday I assume Tuesdays session no Laporte in the footage?Does anyone have an update on him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:29 pm

stupot wrote:I agree with you about Foden and Garcia.

If a good season is just about winning cups regardless of how we badly we have been in defense and losing TWICE to the shittiest scum side in living memory then the FA cup on it’s own or a domestic double is a successful season
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:I agree with you about Foden and Garcia.

If a good season is just about winning cups regardless of how we badly we have been in defense and losing TWICE to the shittiest scum side in living memory then the FA cup on it’s own or a domestic double is a successful season

lets win what we can, however draw Liverpool in CL game over as they have our number. Our problem is are weaker now than when Pep took over, we have fullbacks nowhere near the level needed and MF with all the ability in the world on the ball but cannot run,forwards who have been taken of pens as they are shit at them. All in all our failings have been exposed by a team who have blown the script book up along with every other supposed challenger. My mate thinks they will blow up at some point. We cannot rely on that. They will have no probs competing for the likes of Mbape with Madrid maybe lose out, but a scary thought if he was signed.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bear60 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:41 pm

Klopp has kicked his arse this season I reckon he will fight back Catalan and all that he’s staying
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Outcast » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:30 pm

I can't believe some posters think it's fine we're 22 points behind because we're second in the table.The teams below us have been shite for a number of years, we are the champions for god's sake, there is no way the vermin's are 22 points better than us. I understand The VAR and decisions, I have no doubt there is corruption. However losing to the following was down to Pep and partially the players;

- Norwich
- Scum
- Wolverhampton
- Spuds
Not to mention drawing to some really poor sides. I'm not saying we should be on top, the gap isn't down to VAR alone. Its been poor management from Pep, we know he's alot better than this, one of the best if not the best. We are medicore comparing to our usual solid consistent standards. If we win domestics cups, that's great and remarkable but it shouldn't sugar coat our flaws this season, they will need to be addressed for next season. I'm thinking long term strategy as suppose to short one. I'm hoping it's going to be one of those years where form goes out the window and we end up winning the treble down to our unpredictablity
Outcast

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Outcast wrote:I can't believe some posters think it's fine we're 22 points behind because we're second in the table.The teams below us have been shite for a number of years, we are the champions for god's sake, there is no way the vermin's are 22 points better than us. I understand The VAR and decisions, I have no doubt there is corruption. However losing to the following was down to Pep and partially the players;

- Norwich
- Scum
- Wolverhampton
- Spuds
Not to mention drawing to some really poor sides. I'm not saying we should be on top, the gap isn't down to VAR alone. Its been poor management from Pep, we know he's alot better than this, one of the best if not the best. We are medicore comparing to our usual solid consistent standards. If we win domestics cups, that's great and remarkable but it shouldn't sugar coat our flaws this season, they will need to be addressed for next season. I'm thinking long term strategy as suppose to short one. I'm hoping it's going to be one of those years where form goes out the window and we end up winning the treble down to our unpredictablity

I don't believe anyone thinks it's fine mate.

The 22 points deficit needs some context though, what they're doing is abnormal and making our performance look worse than it is. Even in our centurion season we'd be 5 points behind them after 25 games.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Outcast wrote:I can't believe some posters think it's fine we're 22 points behind because we're second in the table.The teams below us have been shite for a number of years, we are the champions for god's sake, there is no way the vermin's are 22 points better than us. I understand The VAR and decisions, I have no doubt there is corruption. However losing to the following was down to Pep and partially the players;

- Norwich
- Scum
- Wolverhampton
- Spuds

One dimensional City64 here .
The bin dipping cunts are getting around doping tests somehow, please tell us why Robertson and Alexander Arnold achieve such performance levels week in week out running so many miles per match week in week out without getting injured or fatigued ? And please explain the favourable VAR decisions the bin dipping cunts have got especially early season ? Also without LFC and us City the PL is an absolute cess pit of mediocrity , Arsenal are supposed to be a far bigger club than city please explain the difference between their season and ours ? I mean Arsenal went all out for our number 2 Arteta who has no managerial experience meanwhile we have the real deal in pep . And how many clubs want to tap into City’s and Peps philosophy isn’t it I mean even the champions elect bin dipping cunts hacked our system ? Anyway back to Arsenal huge state of the art stadia , millions spent on players and now bottom half of the PL with our number 2 as manager .......
Thanks .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Simister » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:11 pm

City64 wrote:Like a few other level headed posters on here I am putting a “little” perspective into this PL season . 4 of the big 6 clubs have dropped off alarmingly three of those clubs in serious decline despite spending huge amounts of money on players and stadia ie Arsenal , Spurs and the rags ( shit stadia but endless millions on players) and Chelsea are rebuilding with youth and a rookie club legend manager . VAR did it’s work early doors in the PL season to give the bin dipping cunts a clear advantage which has now given them the confidence to turn it into a procession . City meanwhile although short of their best form due to crucial injuries several mind boggling tactical decisions and maybe half a dozen bent as fuck VAR decisions go against us are still the best of the rest comfortable in 2nd place just 8 points worse off than last season . The bottom line is the wankers at the PL and FA now have a huge problem after there corrupt tinkering has left the PL flat , boring and an unhappy unhealthy place for match going and armchair fans alike . The diabolical agenda ridden media are also trying to paint a picture the LFC are great and good when in reality they know the PL is currently a mess and in poor health .

Spot on that.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Outcast » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:27 pm

City64 wrote:

- Norwich
- Scum
- Wolverhampton
- Spuds

The bin dipping cunts are getting around doping tests somehow, please tell us why Robertson and Alexander Arnold achieve such performance levels week in week out running so many miles per match week in week out without getting injured or fatigued ? And please explain the favourable VAR decisions the bin dipping cunts have got especially early season ? Also without LFC and us City the PL is an absolute cess pit of mediocrity , Arsenal are supposed to be a far bigger club than city please explain the difference between their season and ours ? I mean Arsenal went all out for our number 2 Arteta who has no managerial experience meanwhile we have the real deal in pep . And how many clubs want to tap into City’s and Peps philosophy isn’t it I mean even the champions elect bin dipping cunts hacked our system ? Anyway back to Arsenal huge state of the art stadia , millions spent on players and now bottom half of the PL with our number 2 as manager .......
Thanks .

How do you explain losing to Norwich? If I'm correct they had half of their first team missing down to injuries?

You kind of proving my point, the vermin's are not 22 points better than us, I accept VAR gave them unprecedented advantage but let's not sugar coat over bad manangent this season.

Are you seriously telling me we are a one man team all down to Laporte?

No one is doubting Pep's talent and what he brings to the table, I'm a big fan and want him to stay, but I don't feel we've seen the best of him this season, it's really disappointing to say least and doesn't help the fucking vermins adding salt to our wounds. I hope he commits and go all guns blazing next season.
Outcast

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:00 pm

Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:

- Norwich
- Scum
- Wolverhampton
- Spuds

Thanks .

How do you explain losing to Norwich? If I'm correct they had half of their first team missing down to injuries?

You kind of proving my point, the vermin's are not 22 points better than us, I accept VAR gave them unprecedented advantage but let's not sugar coat over bad manangent this season.

No one is doubting Pep's talent and what he brings to the table, I'm a big fan and want him to stay, but I don't feel we've seen the best of him this season, it's really disappointing to say least and doesn't help the fucking vermins adding salt to our wounds. I hope he commits and go all guns blazing next season.

Absolutely Laporte missing for most of the season has had a huge impact on the way we play it is totally fundamental . We had Laporte and Vinny last season we have had neither this season that is why we are shite at the back this season . Not only have we lost Laporte and Vinny we have lost the world class protection of the defence in defensive midfielder Fernandinho , so that is 3 world class players in key positions . NO TEAM on this planet could cope with such a loss of key players it is that simple . Oh we have also lost the dynamic pace of Sane going forward , on his day unplayable , Sterling now worn out and lost his confidence through being overplayed , we used to rotate those two not been able to do that this season obviously .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:25 pm

City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:

- Norwich
- Scum
- Wolverhampton
- Spuds

Thanks .

Absolutely Laporte missing for most of the season has had a huge impact on the way we play it is totally fundamental . We had Laporte and Vinny last season we have had neither this season that is why we are shite at the back this season . Not only have we lost Laporte and Vinny we have lost the world class protection of the defence in defensive midfielder Fernandinho , so that is 3 world class players in key positions . NO TEAM on this planet could cope with such a loss of key players it is that simple . Oh we have also lost the dynamic pace of Sane going forward , on his day unplayable , Sterling now worn out and lost his confidence through being overplayed , we used to rotate those two not been able to do that this season obviously .

Laporte injured was a key moment no doubt, but the major issues was before that, letting Vinnie go without bringing somebody instead.

Vinnie going, which is normal in football, it is a circle of the game, left us really open.
In key moments, I am certain that his speech in the dressing room played a big part in us winning.

The fucker was a big game player, like Yaya. When he was needed, he showed up and lead us to glory.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum