The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby ruralblue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:01 am

Yes there is blame towards var corruption however on a nutshell our failings lay with Pep for chopping and changing the team every week. Consistency is what's needed.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:55 am

ruralblue wrote:Yes there is blame towards var corruption however on a nutshell our failings lay with Pep for chopping and changing the team every week. Consistency is what's needed.

He’s been an utter TiT this season - clueless at times with his tactics and starting squads and when we are losing he makes the most stupid substitutions and we all are left scratching our heads .

How a manager of his pedigree can fall like he has done this season is mind boggling and he really needs to soul search and get back to basics .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:05 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Yes there is blame towards var corruption however on a nutshell our failings lay with Pep for chopping and changing the team every week. Consistency is what's needed.

He’s been an utter TiT this season - clueless at times with his tactics and starting squads and when we are losing he makes the most stupid substitutions and we all are left scratching our heads .

How a manager of his pedigree can fall like he has done this season is mind boggling and he really needs to soul search and get back to basics .

I agree the manager carries the can,BUT he did not miss the chances we created or the penalties.For me its Madrid or bust, and even if we win it who knows what we do next round as our form is a roller coaster.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:18 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree the manager carries the can,BUT he did not miss the chances we created or the penalties.For me its Madrid or bust, and even if we win it who knows what we do next round as our form is a roller coaster.

What’s his reasoning for letting matches go on and on and on when it’s clear to everyone watching we need either a tactical change or a sub? He refuses to have a Plan B and that’s what’s costing us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:51 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What’s his reasoning for letting matches go on and on and on when it’s clear to everyone watching we need either a tactical change or a sub? He refuses to have a Plan B and that’s what’s costing us.

What can we change Mase. Foden for Silva, I accept the energy levels go up with Phil. What else can we do. Teams are not coming out to play, Liverpool ride our first 10 mins Blitz us, Spurs rode the luck twice score 4 goals, Scum isolate our slowest defenders and break on us Or they watch us miss shed loads of chances score with 1 shot we set up. I do not see any other pattern of play we have under Pep. Even Norwich reserves scored 3 from 5 chances we missed 12 clear chances. If a team presses we are fine if they sit back I suspect most teams and Madrid will be thinking they cannot defend for shit. stay compact and take your chances game over. Spurs showed it again. Look at Pep on the Bench his tactics have worked we miss open goals or fail to find a pass as simple as 5 yards tap in.He cannot comprehend the shit show at times, Mahrez corner wtf.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:24 am

Change tactics. Or is there just one way we need to set up and play? Bernardo has been on the bench recently - he could have brought him on. Foden, Garcia, he could change loads!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:40 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What can we change Mase. Foden for Silva, I accept the energy levels go up with Phil. What else can we do. Teams are not coming out to play, Liverpool ride our first 10 mins Blitz us, Spurs rode the luck twice score 4 goals, Scum isolate our slowest defenders and break on us Or they watch us miss shed loads of chances score with 1 shot we set up. I do not see any other pattern of play we have under Pep. Even Norwich reserves scored 3 from 5 chances we missed 12 clear chances. If a team presses we are fine if they sit back I suspect most teams and Madrid will be thinking they cannot defend for shit. stay compact and take your chances game over. Spurs showed it again. Look at Pep on the Bench his tactics have worked we miss open goals or fail to find a pass as simple as 5 yards tap in.He cannot comprehend the shit show at times, Mahrez corner wtf.

That's why he's on £20m, it's down to him to find solutions. Tinkering with the back four, playing a midfielder as a defender when we have a talented up and coming defender; when do you suggest we should play him more regularly? I think we have come to terms we losing the title, I wish he used this season to imbed the youngsters to gain invaluable experience as suppose to playing out form regurals. We are just predictable, I get all the adversaries we faced but it's upto him to change it
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Mase wrote:Change tactics. Or is there just one way we need to set up and play? Bernardo has been on the bench recently - he could have brought him on. Foden, Garcia, he could change loads!

Bernado or Raheem who has had a better season ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Just for the record. Peps stats. 139 games as a Premier League manager, lost only 18, scored 346 goals.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:38 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Just for the record. Peps stats. 139 games as a Premier League manager, lost only 18, scored 346 goals.

We don’t need stats to tell us he’s been a wank manager this season hazy or shall we mention sterling’s stats as well ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We don’t need stats to tell us he’s been a wank manager this season hazy or shall we mention sterling’s stats as well ?

Sterling stats I suspect are outstanding year on year. Compare him Bernardo who goes under the radar, love him butvwank this season bar a few glimpses I am not arguing with anyone Carl, Pep must be fucking baffled by what we produce at times, penalties do we want them same with corners.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ayrshireblue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Sterling stats I suspect are outstanding year on year. Compare him Bernardo who goes under the radar, love him butvwank this season bar a few glimpses I am not arguing with anyone Carl, Pep must be fucking baffled by what we produce at times, penalties do we want them same with corners.

So is it not the head of the coaching staffs job to make sure we know what to do when we get corners and penalties? Due to the nature of our play we spend massive amounts of the game around the opposition box so therefore we get loads of chances of winning penalties - if given - and corners. Yet we just pass the ball back and start again but with our defence out of position so if we lose possession a la Mahrez last week we are up shit creek.
How many games have we been 3 or 4 goals up after an hour and Pep has either not made a sub or brought on an established player for 20 minutes at the end. This is game time that should be used for blooding Foden and Garcia, letting them gain experience from a winning position not get on the park with a minute of injury time to play out. Who does that actually benefit?
Pep is a great manager but he has many failings. Arrogance and overthinking the problem seem to be the two main ones. Fernandinho, world class midfielder, play him there. Let a centre back do the job of a centre back because he should be better. If he's not then he either need coached to be better or shipping out the door. Stop encouraging the players to pass as much and tell them to put their fucking foot through the ball on occasion. The Silva pass in the derby was shocking but it has to be coming from Guardiola that a goal is not good unless it is a tap in with the opposition defence bamboozled.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:40 pm

The corner is off the cuff check out Fernas reaction, sums up our season, if we had gun don’t worry we will shoot ourself. Pep has faults, not as many as our flakey players who have had a season off. Yes to Foden and Garcia but only with Laporte who stabilises the whole team, it’s a league write off, but not all down to Pep or Raheem.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:23 am

There’s been a drop-off right across the board. Our top players have all had periods where they look inconsistent, sometimes at the same time which impacts our overall cohesion. The injuries are clearly a huge issue and with the constant shuffling of the pack we just cannot get a rhythm going.

This season has been a perfect storm for the Dippers. Our lack of consistency, the drop-off of the other main protagonists and the way the PL have decided to officiate their games.

So, where does that leave Guardiola and how he plays the game? Well, the only thing we can go off is what we have seen over his career. A winning manager who has swept all before him in this country, introducing a playing a style that many experts said could not work in the PL, a playing style that is now replicated at clubs from every tier of English football.

Maybe he has been found a little this season, not having his players at full strength does show a chink in the armour and it’s now his job to put that right and somehow motivate this team to go all out for the 3 remaining trophies.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum