VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:32 am

Hang on a minute , i missed all football yesterday, but i read that a player was sent off because of VAR analysis after a 10 minute analysis ( yellow given and converted by VAR to a red ).

Yet an incorrect throw in , resulting in a goal and eventually three points was some how not reviewed by VAR . I thought they reviewed every goal and the build up to the goals ? I mean Klopp was complaining that one of his players was fouled in the build up to a rags goal against them .

There is definitely an Agenda .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:00 pm

zuricity wrote:Hang on a minute , i missed all football yesterday, but i read that a player was sent off because of VAR analysis after a 10 minute analysis ( yellow given and converted by VAR to a red ).

Yet an incorrect throw in , resulting in a goal and eventually three points was some how not reviewed by VAR . I thought they reviewed every goal and the build up to the goals ? I mean Klopp was complaining that one of his players was fouled in the build up to a rags goal against them .

Not fussed with the throw but the Robertson tackle was disgusting. Clearly out of control, dangerous, etc. How that wasn’t reviewed as a red shows how bent the powers are to the dippers!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:11 pm

sidSmith wrote:I have only seen MOTD and they only showed a brief replay, but Van Dykes last ditch tackle on Alli, did he get the ball first? They didn't show any angle to confirm.

I said this at the time. He dived in front of Alli and seemed to take ball and man but the ball came with him so they allowed it. The Robertson one is a joke. Some are claiming that it's fine because he got the ball, yet the laws state that taking the ball doesn't matter if you endanger other players.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:51 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:Hang on a minute , i missed all football yesterday, but i read that a player was sent off because of VAR analysis after a 10 minute analysis ( yellow given and converted by VAR to a red ).

Not fussed with the throw but the Robertson tackle was disgusting. Clearly out of control, dangerous, etc. How that wasn’t reviewed as a red shows how bent the powers are to the dippers!

yes i saw a photo on another thread , it certainly looks nasty and studs up. Again the inconsistencies are disgraceful.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Simister » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:25 pm

So PGMOL have instructed refs to use the monitors for red card incidents from this weekend onwards?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/pub ... s-20200117

So how are they going to do that for Liverpool v Man U this weekend? I thought there were no monitors there - or maybe no big VAR screens?

Anyway, PGMOL have done their job - managed to get Liverpool a title, so more viewers for them next season.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby salford city » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Simister wrote:So PGMOL have instructed refs to use the monitors for red card incidents from this weekend onwards?

So how are they going to do that for Liverpool v Man U this weekend? I thought there were no monitors there - or maybe no big VAR screens?

Anyway, PGMOL have done their job - managed to get Liverpool a title, so more viewers for them next season.

No big screens at either anfield or the swamp. The only two grounds in the Prem
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby s1ty m » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 am

Simister wrote:So PGMOL have instructed refs to use the monitors for red card incidents from this weekend onwards?

This is the VAR issue in capsule. Changing its application mid-season is deeply troubling and confirms that it is being used to suit their agenda. It bends and flexes to get what they want.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:48 am

s1ty m wrote:

This is the VAR issue in capsule. Changing its application mid-season is deeply troubling and confirms that it is being used to suit their agenda. It bends and flexes to get what they want.

What happened to the ‘High Bar’ that they’ve used all season? We’ve seen time and time again where the VAR will not overturn the ref’s decision once the penalty is given yet we saw the exact opposite yesterday. Would that have been overturned at the Dippers or Rags?

Is this a first, again?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Simister » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Only just seen the appalling decisions in the Chelski vs Manure match last night.

Here, until Sky take it down

Lampard must be fuming - at least three MAJOR decisions went against him.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Wow! just incredible. Saw the shockingly bad VAR decision at Wolves. Not being funny but htf can the ref even allow these VAR checks ? it was a corner and a backpass ! Remember this is the guy that gave Razza a second yellow for not leaving the field after he scored a late winner .

Corrupt , it simply cannot be incompetence.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Simister » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Chelski on the receiving end of another VAR travesty by the look of it, this time against Spuz.
Looked like a stamp to me.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Postby PeterParker » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Simister wrote:Chelski on the receiving end of another VAR travesty by the look of it, this time against Spuz.

Fucking leg breaker.

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:00 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Simister wrote:Chelski on the receiving end of another VAR travesty by the look of it, this time against Spuz.

Fucking leg breaker.

As bad a decision VAR have ever made. And there's been some shite
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 pm

PIGMOL said -: the player had nowhere else to put his leg, so no red - it’s a fucking joke, Spurs again getting var in their favour
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:35 pm

VAR came out during the match and said they made a mistake and that it was a red card and that Oliver should've gone over and looked at the pitchside monitor.

its utterly shocking that the Premier League simply cannot figure out how to use VAR while the Bundesliga uses it near-perfectly.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Saul Goodman wrote: cannot figure out how to use VAR

Replace with don't want
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Simister » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:31 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Fucking leg breaker.

Mind you, Jose didn't see it....
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 pm

i’d be raging if schmeichel had clattered into kun lik ed did into nacho yesterday. 100% pen that was
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i’d be raging if schmeichel had clattered into kun lik ed did into nacho yesterday. 100% pen that was

No it wasn't, it was a 50-50 challenge and Ed got there first with his hands to the ball. Collisions happen in Football, it wasn't exactly a Tony Schumacher challenge.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Huge news regarding VAR tonight . FIFA has taken complete control of VAR and it’s assistants . Out PL VAR will no longer be run by the clowns doing it now , the same applies to all other leagues worldwide. Think Wenger is the man behind this ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum