PL Clubs gang up on City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Clubs gang up on City

Postby sniffer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Oh and all these are whiter than white are they. It would be great if some dirt was found on each and everyone of them. People in glass houses!!!!
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby budfox » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Must admit I have a lot of time for Martin Samuel. A proper journo (and I know plenty) in the true sense of the word.

They hate us and they hate our success. Look no further than this bile which featured neither Serge, Merlin, Kev or Vinny, each of which I would take above any of the 10 listed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51997438
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Wooders » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 pm

budfox wrote:Must admit I have a lot of time for Martin Samuel. A proper journo (and I know plenty) in the true sense of the word.

They hate us and they hate our success. Look no further than this bile which featured neither Serge, Merlin, Kev or Vinny, each of which I would take above any of the 10 listed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51997438

Non of them are retired though tbf
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:32 pm

May as well change the name tithe Agenda Thread. There’s so much of it about yet we still can’t seem to bring ourselves to say it.

The Agenda is clear and simple for all to see.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 pm

budfox wrote:Must admit I have a lot of time for Martin Samuel. A proper journo (and I know plenty) in the true sense of the word.

Kev, 5 seasons in the prenier league, hall of fame? Are you sure?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Cant see anything. Tweet unavailable.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:42 am

This is such a childish stunt that it reeks of desperation; CAS would never entertain such a thing.

It’s obviously led by the American owners who have given assurances to others that they will be looked after. The Rags must be shitting bricks at the moment, not having weekly income must be hitting them hard, servicing that debt is a real balancing act. And then the thought of another season out of the CL, no big money from UEFA or match day money, their heads must be in a spin.

I wonder if it’s a way of the Rags to exert pressure so that if a decision isn’t made early to suspend the ban that they can claim they have to be included as it would be unfair to them, meaning an extra slot for England?

I suppose it all depends on how the league finishes. If it’s void then the Rags haven’t a chance of hell of playing (unless UEFA change their rules to suit) and that’s probably why they are still trying to push it, even if it means the Dippers winning it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:06 am

Beefymcfc wrote:This is such a childish stunt that it reeks of desperation; CAS would never entertain such a thing.

It’s obviously led by the American owners who have given assurances to others that they will be looked after. The Rags must be shitting bricks at the moment, not having weekly income must be hitting them hard, servicing that debt is a real balancing act. And then the thought of another season out of the CL, no big money from UEFA or match day money, their heads must be in a spin.

I wonder if it’s a way of the Rags to exert pressure so that if a decision isn’t made early to suspend the ban that they can claim they have to be included as it would be unfair to them, meaning an extra slot for England?

I suppose it all depends on how the league finishes. If it’s void then the Rags haven’t a chance of hell of playing (unless UEFA change their rules to suit) and that’s probably why they are still trying to push it, even if it means the Dippers winning it.

I really think there is zero chance of this season to continue.
If this happens, will be just for pure interest.

I reckon the italians will not start their league on the next day after this ends.
All of this delay is pure business, it shows what football is on about.

The olympics cancelled, no questions asked, the safety comes first, but somehow the bent FA”s from the big countries with UEFA still consider how to continue this season because they might lose money.
Imagine Heineken writting to UEFA: We need our money from ads back.

Pure business.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:49 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-ban.html

Vilest club on planet earth with the most vile fans.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8155091/Manchester-City-shocked-Liverpool-group-sides-trying-uphold-Champions-League-ban.html

It's not just them though is it - make no mistake, the red shite are in league with them as they have more to gain than most to get us banned, the PL will continue to favour them to keep them in contention
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8155091/Manchester-City-shocked-Liverpool-group-sides-trying-uphold-Champions-League-ban.html

It's not just them though is it - make no mistake, the red shite are in league with them as they have more to gain than most to get us banned, the PL will continue to favour them to keep them in contention

Thats true , but they openly admit they hate us whilst the dippers go on and on about how insignificant we are and how we are not competition to them and how they try to disguise their hatred though the word ''justice''...that very word that they use on a daily basis yet they shit their pants at the very thought of having us compete against them.

I fucking hate them a lot more than the rags.....and I do hate the rags.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Important to remember that there is no evidence at all that City are seeking a stay of any decision. All the evidence is they want as quick a decision as possible. Coronavirus means CAS are not going to be looking at any cases until May at the earliest. CAS is based in Switzerland which is suffering terribly at the moment. If City ever did ask for a stay to prevent an immediate suspension pending an appeal the PL Clubs have no standing before CAS who will not take their representations into account. CAS will judge whether City would suffer irreperable harm but also be required to look at UEFA’s interests. It’s highly likely that if the virus prevents a decision before say the transfer window City may feel obliged to seek relief and would have a good chance of getting it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 pm

blues2win wrote:Important to remember that there is no evidence at all that City are seeking a stay of any decision. All the evidence is they want as quick a decision as possible. Coronavirus means CAS are not going to be looking at any cases until May at the earliest. CAS is based in Switzerland which is suffering terribly at the moment. If City ever did ask for a stay to prevent an immediate suspension pending an appeal the PL Clubs have no standing before CAS who will not take their representations into account. CAS will judge whether City would suffer irreperable harm but also be required to look at UEFA’s interests. It’s highly likely that if the virus prevents a decision before say the transfer window City may feel obliged to seek relief and would have a good chance of getting it.

Pretty much everything is closed now in Switzerland and it wont be opening for a while .

You are aware that the Swiss have more incidents of the Virus than any other country ? The population is low though at just over Eight Mill.

Personally , i am not affected business wise because i can do everything remote . However , there is no talk of easing the Lockdown . So forget anything realistically before mid May or June at the earliest.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm

zuricity wrote:
blues2win wrote:Important to remember that there is no evidence at all that City are seeking a stay of any decision. All the evidence is they want as quick a decision as possible. Coronavirus means CAS are not going to be looking at any cases until May at the earliest. CAS is based in Switzerland which is suffering terribly at the moment. If City ever did ask for a stay to prevent an immediate suspension pending an appeal the PL Clubs have no standing before CAS who will not take their representations into account. CAS will judge whether City would suffer irreperable harm but also be required to look at UEFA’s interests. It’s highly likely that if the virus prevents a decision before say the transfer window City may feel obliged to seek relief and would have a good chance of getting it.

However , there is no talk of easing the Lockdown . So forget anything realistically before mid May or June at the earliest.

I think that goes for most countries unless there is a dramatic turn around and they find a cure or the scientists etc get more info so that we can get back to normal asap.

Something has to fuckign give as if the GDP goes into free -fall then the death toll from the virus will be nothing compared to the fallout from shutting down the economies of the world.
The UK can hang on till June 1st but other countries cannot.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 pm

zuricity wrote:

However , there is no talk of easing the Lockdown . So forget anything realistically before mid May or June at the earliest.

I think that goes for most countries unless there is a dramatic turn around and they find a cure or the scientists etc get more info so that we can get back to normal asap.

Something has to fuckign give as if the GDP goes into free -fall then the death toll from the virus will be nothing compared to the fallout from shutting down the economies of the world for longer than necessary.
The UK can hang on till June 1st but other countries cannot.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:54 am

Scatman wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If Kev left us in the summer, and never played in the PL again, he'd stick out like a sore thumb in the Hall of Fame. Looking at things objectively, he's got less than half the PL appearances and trophies of John O'Shea.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:25 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Scatman wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If Kev left us in the summer, and never played in the PL again, he'd stick out like a sore thumb in the Hall of Fame. Looking at things objectively, he's got less than half the PL appearances and trophies of John O'Shea.

Jack Rodwell has more PL trophies than Gerard. You can’t use trophies won as a benchmark.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Jack Rodwell has more PL trophies than Gerard. You can’t use trophies won as a benchmark.

No, you can't use trophies alone, that would be stupid, and I wasn't suggesting it (Rodwell's also made more PL appearances than Kev, incidentally). But can anyone in their right mind honestly say that - regardless of how much I love him as a player - Kev deserves to be in the PL Hall of Fame any more than any of the 10 on that list, let alone all of them? If there were 20 players on the list, and all of the above retired yesterday, I'd expect to see Vinny on there, and possibly one of Silva and Sergio.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:04 pm

He doesn’t, I agree with you on that. Another 5 years then maybe.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Mirror running a story that City are convinced from a number of sources that Arsenal were behind the attack on them.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum