Are you ok & ALERT! hahaha!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Are you ok???

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Mase wrote:Absolutely mental that companies are panicking like this and just getting rid of people. As someone from the board said to me privately, this will show a lot of poor companies up for what they are. What about if Boris says next week “restaurants can reopen” and then businesses laying off chefs will be screwed.

Here in this country you cannot legally fire anyone in a state of emergency .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby city72 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:13 pm

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
city72 wrote:Physically sound mentally fuked lost my job with zero monies coming in now and the son lost his job yesterday as a chef, our household is screwed.

Do not despair mate , this economy shut down wont last and you might have to borrow to get back on your feet, as will many businesses - in the meantime the UK government have said they will support you financially in one form or other so do what you need to do to get that help - as I say to my mates,re assess and make a plan...there is always a plan to be made.

Chin up !

Seconded. Check out the aid that is available to you and the family. Might go against your grain asking for it but if it is available for the short term then look to use it to keep you afloat and sane. It's not going to last forever and there will be plenty of opportunities once we come out of this

Cheers lads, bit of good news got an interview tomorrow at our local Tesco as a bouncer controlling the customers 2 in 2 out with max 50 customers in store only, obviously a short term thing but will give me a bit money to keep afloat.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:24 pm

city72 wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
city72 wrote:Physically sound mentally fuked lost my job with zero monies coming in now and the son lost his job yesterday as a chef, our household is screwed.

Do not despair mate , this economy shut down wont last and you might have to borrow to get back on your feet, as will many businesses - in the meantime the UK government have said they will support you financially in one form or other so do what you need to do to get that help - as I say to my mates,re assess and make a plan...there is always a plan to be made.

Chin up !

Seconded. Check out the aid that is available to you and the family. Might go against your grain asking for it but if it is available for the short term then look to use it to keep you afloat and sane. It's not going to last forever and there will be plenty of opportunities once we come out of this

Cheers lads, bit of good news got an interview tomorrow at our local Tesco as a bouncer controlling the customers 2 in 2 out with max 50 customers in store only, obviously a short term thing but will give me a bit money to keep afloat.

Do not let anyone in with dipper or Munchen shirts - tell them the special day is from 8am till 1 minute past.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:40 pm

Chin up ![/quote]

Seconded. Check out the aid that is available to you and the family. Might go against your grain asking for it but if it is available for the short term then look to use it to keep you afloat and sane. It's not going to last forever and there will be plenty of opportunities once we come out of this[/quote]
Cheers lads, bit of good news got an interview tomorrow at our local Tesco as a bouncer controlling the customers 2 in 2 out with max 50 customers in store only, obviously a short term thing but will give me a bit money to keep afloat.[/quote]

There you go a bit of positive news and the chance of getting out to keep you sane. Like Carl I agree, you have to draw the line if you see any unacceptable shirts though in your neck of the woods that may be hard work
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Absolutely mental that companies are panicking like this and just getting rid of people. As someone from the board said to me privately, this will show a lot of poor companies up for what they are. What about if Boris says next week “restaurants can reopen” and then businesses laying off chefs will be screwed.

Here in this country you cannot legally fire anyone in a state of emergency .

It’s given a lot of businesses over here an excuse to just start getting rid of people. The company I used to work for, who are pieces of shit at the best of times, have started getting rid of people.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 pm

city72 wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Chin up !

Don’t let any scousers in they will only rob the fucking place .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Take a look here companies need staff.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52040539
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Our firm are doing this furloughing thing and getting loans from the government, we get full pay next week as usual, then the 80% from government with our firm topping up the other 20%. i have a huge tender to work on which is due back end of April. I am in the AV industry selling to corporate, retail, education etc and a lot of manufacturers such as Samsung, Bose are doing on line training courses, webinars etc.

My Missus is classed as critical key worker as she is local government officer, so all in all we are financially OK.

Our lad (15 ) is massively loved up and he and his girl are struggling with not seeing each other.

My brother (doesn't drive), lives with our 88yr old Mum, so i have set up an app "Our Groceries" so he can give me their shopping list which sync's with mine and my other brothers phones so when i go shopping i can tick things off so they can all see and then when other brother goes he can what is left to get that i couldn't.

Afternoon viewing is

15:00 A place in the Sun
16:00 Escape to the Chateau DIY
17:00 The Chase

Stay Safe Everyone
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm

I'm doing alright and my family is still healthy. My new job (since December) is in the food industry so I'm luckily busy as fuck, but working from home. We're still allowed outside to exercise, thank god. I don't need to see people per se, but I would go crazy if I had to stay in all the time.

I feel very far away from my family, though. They live in Sweden and I the Netherlands, and I can't even drive there right now, if anything happens, due to Denmark closing their borders.

Have an uncle I'm close to who is very poorly with cancer. Not sure how long he's got left, or if I will be able/allowed to go the funeral if he dies.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Yes. So far so good. No one in my family has it. The kids are missing school but are being very good about the whole situation.

No sport is more of a bummer than I thought it would be. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter. Your health and your loved ones health is always paramount. Can only echo the sentiments of others in please stay at home and stay safe.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 pm

I'm missing the match thread - this void in my life is making me mentally unstable.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Our firm are doing this furloughing thing and getting loans from the government, we get full pay next week as usual, then the 80% from government with our firm topping up the other 20%. i have a huge tender to work on which is due back end of April. I am in the AV industry selling to corporate, retail, education etc and a lot of manufacturers such as Samsung, Bose are doing on line training courses, webinars etc.

My Missus is classed as critical key worker as she is local government officer, so all in all we are financially OK.

Our lad (15 ) is massively loved up and he and his girl are struggling with not seeing each other.

My brother (doesn't drive), lives with our 88yr old Mum, so i have set up an app "Our Groceries" so he can give me their shopping list which sync's with mine and my other brothers phones so when i go shopping i can tick things off so they can all see and then when other brother goes he can what is left to get that i couldn't.

Afternoon viewing is

15:00 A place in the Sun
16:00 Escape to the Chateau DIY
17:00 The Chase

Stay Safe Everyone

Tipping Point 16.00 ITV epic viewing !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Been sunbathing in the back garden with a few cold beers the last 3 days , the joys of early retirement at 55 . 8-) :D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 pm

City64 wrote:Been sunbathing in the back garden with a few cold beers the last 3 days , the joys of early retirement at 55 . 8-) :D

Tipping point is great and I never thought I'd get into a programme about bloody chateau's but fascinates me now. Dick Strawbridge is a natural curator :lol:

Sounds like early retirement came just at the right time for you, I'll still be working until I'm 70 odd because I left everything late in life. Pub 7 nights a week until I was 38! Now Mr and best mate are down to one day a week which is now on hold. We're talking about taking a couple of tinnies Sunday afternoon to go and do our 'exercise' in local woods or park LOL
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm

City64 wrote:I am that fucking bored I had to have a conversation with the wife this morning .

I laughed my head off at that video of the guy asked if, Would you rather:

A. Stay home with the wife and Kids?

To which he instantly replies, B!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:I am that fucking bored I had to have a conversation with the wife this morning .

I laughed my head off at that video of the guy asked if, Would you rather:

A. Stay home with the wife and Kids?

To which he instantly replies, B!

Absolutely B pal :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:31 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Been sunbathing in the back garden with a few cold beers the last 3 days , the joys of early retirement at 55 . 8-) :D

Tipping point is great and I never thought I'd get into a programme about bloody chateau's but fascinates me now. Dick Strawbridge is a natural curator :lol:

Sounds like early retirement came just at the right time for you, I'll still be working until I'm 70 odd because I left everything late in life. Pub 7 nights a week until I was 38! Now Mr and best mate are down to one day a week which is now on hold. We're talking about taking a couple of tinnies Sunday afternoon to go and do our 'exercise' in local woods or park LOL

Haha .
Agree the chateaux is great viewing , Shame the chateaux roof is about to collapse with woodworm after all that work though lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 pm

City64 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Haha .
Agree the chateaux is great viewing , Shame the chateaux roof is about to collapse with woodworm after all that work though lol

Chateaux DIY is much better. Theres only so much you can take of Dick’s lispy, fox piss Mrs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm

100%
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 pm

I'm most upset that I didn't short the market back in early Feb when it was obvious that our gov wasn't doing shit to stop it.

Other than that it's a great excuse to have some drinks each day around 3pm until the sun sets
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum