The Premier League Restart?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Premier League Restart?

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 14, 2020 8:16 pm

Details out today from a member of HMG that the PL will restart in June.

CMO not so confident but still confirmed they are looking at it under advisement.

Sky go all out with confident start, have a few players on but players not so sure.

TalkSport interview more players, same result - players not quite sure on return.

So, are we really looking at a return to football if the players aren’t sure?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: The Premier League Restart?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 15, 2020 8:12 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Details out today from a member of HMG that the PL will restart in June.

CMO not so confident but still confirmed they are looking at it under advisement.

Sky go all out with confident start, have a few players on but players not so sure.

TalkSport interview more players, same result - players not quite sure on return.

I'm not sure.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Fri May 15, 2020 8:25 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Details out today from a member of HMG that the PL will restart in June.

Looks like it's going ahead behind closed doors. Not seen anything from the PFA so assuming they must be onboard else Sky would not be running with it. HMG must be getting a major contribution to the fund
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby salford city » Fri May 15, 2020 8:40 am

salford city wrote:

Looks like it's going ahead behind closed doors. Not seen anything from the PFA so assuming they must be onboard else Sky would not be running with it. HMG must be getting a major contribution to the fund

Just did a quick read up of who said what and what has been said.
Proceed with caution at HMG pace. Nothing to see here then, move on. One thing is for sure IF we get a mid-June restart, scousers will play 2 games in the space of 72 hours to get them over the line officially
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:40 am

I think the PL and SKY hired the same company as the tories did for there shameful PR exercise on brexit . The shameful PR exercise of “Project Restart” has hit the rocks big time thankfully. Plain and simple it is just about the huge £££££££££££s with very little else taken into consideration . It also looks like the PL are well short of the required numbers to vote it through plus player power has now increased with a number of players stating they won’t kick a ball and who can blame them ? Lastly fans don’t even get a consideration, nothing new there !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri May 15, 2020 9:39 am

Question on this: What would have happened if Swansea or Cardiff were still in the PL, what with Wales still being under lock-down? Has there been anything written about this from the perspective of the Championship?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

League two has announced that they will not be playing the remaining games and league positions will be calculated by using the average number of points from home games and the average from away games (two different figures). They have yet to decide how promotion and relegation will be decided (i.e. the play-off places).

Obviously this league is very different from the PL, and playing behind closed doors would have been a burden rather than a help financially: they would have lost match day revenue but also had the cost of staging the games, with little chance of offsetting it using TV since the higher leagues would be playing at the same time.

Nevertheless, one move move against resumption.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 15, 2020 10:21 pm

salford city wrote:
salford city wrote:

Just did a quick read up of who said what and what has been said.
Proceed with caution at HMG pace. Nothing to see here then, move on. One thing is for sure IF we get a mid-June restart, scousers will play 2 games in the space of 72 hours to get them over the line officially

There’s absolutely no integrity in the PL at this point but we have to play it out due to the integrity of the league?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 16, 2020 9:12 am

For those with BT/IPTV, Bundesliga is kicking off at 1400 hrs with a few games. We can get a reveal on how the game looks without fans.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 16, 2020 10:14 am

Beefymcfc wrote:For those with BT/IPTV, Bundesliga is kicking off at 1400 hrs with a few games. We can get a reveal on how the game looks without fans.

It looks shit.

Started to watch a CL game behind closed doors, think it was Barca v Dortmund (?), and what should have been a cracking game was dull. I suspect primarily due to the lack of fans.

Sport without fans is pointless
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat May 16, 2020 10:21 am

I won’t be watching any football until fans are allowed inside the stadium.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:For those with BT/IPTV, Bundesliga is kicking off at 1400 hrs with a few games. We can get a reveal on how the game looks without fans.

It looks shit.

Started to watch a CL game behind closed doors, think it was Barca v Dortmund (?), and what should have been a cracking game was dull. I suspect primarily due to the lack of fans.

Sport without fans is pointless

I totally agree. I did the same with the Wolves game to see how it faired and it just didn’t bring anything apart from likening it to a training game. I’d even say very Sunday League, but at least I’d want to be there at the side of the pitch.

I’ll probably tune into the Paderborn v Düsseldorf game, as I’ve been to both, to see if it gives me any interest whatsoever.

What is interesting is that all the football isn’t on free to air channels and are the broadcasters using this period to force none subscribers to sign-up.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Forced by TV money and German SKY no thanks . Football without fans can fuck off , the tv companies and SKY forcing this shit can fuck off !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Wooders » Sun May 17, 2020 10:38 am

If ufc is anything to go by the lack of crowds make it a pretty soulless affair
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun May 17, 2020 10:58 am

Wooders wrote:If ufc is anything to go by the lack of crowds make it a pretty soulless affair

It was ridiculous. The fighters said they could hear what Rogan and DC were saying throughout the fights.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 17, 2020 1:21 pm

I put the Fortuna v Paderborn game on as at least I thought there was some connection (been to both grounds and, of course, Uwe) but it was a soulless and tedious watch so I ended up with it in the background while I conducted other business.

At least it proved to me that if the PL does come back behind closed doors then I’ll most probably only watch our games as there is no interest at all without the fans. Just need to find a new weekend hobby.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon May 18, 2020 11:31 am

The Scottish Premier League has just been abandoned with positions finalised based on average points scored per game. Celtic champions (yawn) and Hearts relegated.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Mase » Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The Scottish Premier League has just been abandoned with positions finalised based on average points scored per game. Celtic champions (yawn) and Hearts relegated.

I think this is the best we can hope for, for the Prem. Then at least Liverpool didn’t win it properly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon May 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Mase wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The Scottish Premier League has just been abandoned with positions finalised based on average points scored per game. Celtic champions (yawn) and Hearts relegated.

I think this is the best we can hope for, for the Prem. Then at least Liverpool didn’t win it properly.

And wouldn't break any more records.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Wooders » Mon May 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Has anyone done the maths as to where there would leave us? I assume still in second place, then we’re banned from ucl anyway so fuck it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum